ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New Special delivery item,,,,new tracked item
-
dazer0070
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 02 Feb 2014, 18:13
- Gender: Male
New Special delivery item,,,,new tracked item
Surely as all driving licences are now in the form of card, there’s no excuse to have them easily at hand within your wallet or purse....
I do agree this does have the potential to be really frustrating for us but surely, as someone stated before, the recipient should be informed prior to delivery of what’s required. Thus, being ready at the door to accept it.
My biggest gripe is, the recipient actually NOT being there to accept it! Then explaining, I will have to take it back! The number of times people know tracked items are being delivered and they aren’t in, really f#@k’s me off.
I do agree this does have the potential to be really frustrating for us but surely, as someone stated before, the recipient should be informed prior to delivery of what’s required. Thus, being ready at the door to accept it.
My biggest gripe is, the recipient actually NOT being there to accept it! Then explaining, I will have to take it back! The number of times people know tracked items are being delivered and they aren’t in, really f#@k’s me off.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
New Special delivery item,,,,new tracked item
Government contracts are always given to the cheapest bid even if that bidder will give a poor service. The contract given to SouthWest Trains immediately springs to mind. I doubt RM will ever win the contract for delivering new passports.barrowc wrote:It was reported back in July that TNT had won the contract to deliver passports from January 2020 onwards - see here, for example. This is the contract that DX have lostnumber one wrote:ID verification is for new passports (currently delivered by DX)
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Jefferson Starfish
- Posts: 905
- Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Female
- Location: Greendale DO
New Special delivery item,,,,new tracked item
Mine isn't and is still perfectly legal!dazer0070 wrote:Surely as all driving licences are now in the form of card, there’s no excuse to have them easily at hand within your wallet or purse....
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
New Special delivery item,,,,new tracked item
The adult verification is an extension of current laws as I understand it and RM cannot get out of it unless they refused to deliver items covered by that legislation. The ID verification is to do with RM winning contracts for delivering more expensive items where the sender wants to make absolutely certain that the actual person ordering the item receives it personally. Nothing wrong with RM finding more customers or business - for the most part they are not doing enough of this to safeguard our jobs.number one wrote:The AV product is only available on Tracked 24/48 items and the ID verification is on available for Special Delivery items. It will be to extra cost of the sender, can’t see many using it.
I do think these two products will result in more work/business for us & RM. It's likely though that if/when the five year plan is implemented that all this extra business gets diverted to the LAT hubs part of the network.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
New Special delivery item,,,,new tracked item
Don’t forget we deliver Gin Club tracked items so there is a possibility we could be giving alcohol to under 18s. Alcohol deliveries also increase around fathers day and Christmas
-
kookoo32
- Posts: 187
- Joined: 10 Oct 2008, 20:34
- Gender: Male
- Location: scotland
New Special delivery item,,,,new tracked item
The fact that you are not legally required to carry your driving licence with you is the reason that mine (and I assume many others) isn't in my wallet. There's my excuse.dazer0070 wrote:Surely as all driving licences are now in the form of card, there’s no excuse to have them easily at hand within your wallet or purse....
I do agree this does have the potential to be really frustrating for us but surely, as someone stated before, the recipient should be informed prior to delivery of what’s required. Thus, being ready at the door to accept it.
My biggest gripe is, the recipient actually NOT being there to accept it! Then explaining, I will have to take it back! The number of times people know tracked items are being delivered and they aren’t in, really f#@k’s me off.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
New Special delivery item,,,,new tracked item
Is your wallet usually in your house? Shouldn’t be an issue thenkookoo32 wrote:The fact that you are not legally required to carry your driving licence with you is the reason that mine (and I assume many others) isn't in my wallet. There's my excuse.dazer0070 wrote:Surely as all driving licences are now in the form of card, there’s no excuse to have them easily at hand within your wallet or purse....
I do agree this does have the potential to be really frustrating for us but surely, as someone stated before, the recipient should be informed prior to delivery of what’s required. Thus, being ready at the door to accept it.
My biggest gripe is, the recipient actually NOT being there to accept it! Then explaining, I will have to take it back! The number of times people know tracked items are being delivered and they aren’t in, really f#@k’s me off.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
New Special delivery item,,,,new tracked item
So if they look older than 25 will we be able to bypass the 'I confirm I have seen ID' choice below or is there a 'Customer looks over 25' choice?number one wrote:Yes you are indeed correct. They will come through as follows:
AV - Age verification. If the customer looks under 25 then you must confirm their age. The only two forms of identification we can accept are Driving license or Passport
..............
number one wrote:No photos will be taken but you will have to select a box on the PDA that says “I confirm I have seen ID” also on the AV items under the box where the customer signs it also says “by signing fo this item I confirm I am over 18 years of age”
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
New Special delivery item,,,,new tracked item
Yes if somebody is clearly over 25 then you will select over 25yellowbelly wrote:So if they look older than 25 will we be able to bypass the 'I confirm I have seen ID' choice below or is there a 'Customer looks over 25' choice?number one wrote:Yes you are indeed correct. They will come through as follows:
AV - Age verification. If the customer looks under 25 then you must confirm their age. The only two forms of identification we can accept are Driving license or Passport
..............
number one wrote:No photos will be taken but you will have to select a box on the PDA that says “I confirm I have seen ID” also on the AV items under the box where the customer signs it also says “by signing fo this item I confirm I am over 18 years of age”
-
DICKIEG
- Posts: 158
- Joined: 27 Jun 2011, 19:07
- Gender: Male
New Special delivery item,,,,new tracked item
Surely it would be more sensible and easier to just card the person and then let them pick it up from the callers office. Less chance of confrontation
-
world class male
- Posts: 903
- Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
- Gender: Male
New Special delivery item,,,,new tracked item
the "personal" special which is only to be signed for by the named person will be few & far between i'd guess, maybe solicitor material or if in shared accommodation,
the age verification will be down to the judgement of the postie, you may think, ah sod it and hand/post it anyway, but imagine if a teenage brat nicked dads credit card and ordered something knowing full well he'll be at work
if ....or when any confrontational customers occur, we'll have cards explaining why printed, hand 1 over and walk away
1 thing that will plummet will be the deliver to neighbour figures, i'm not going to knock a bloke up off nights to ask to take next doors porn dvd but run back upstairs for your passport 1st
the age verification will be down to the judgement of the postie, you may think, ah sod it and hand/post it anyway, but imagine if a teenage brat nicked dads credit card and ordered something knowing full well he'll be at work
if ....or when any confrontational customers occur, we'll have cards explaining why printed, hand 1 over and walk away
1 thing that will plummet will be the deliver to neighbour figures, i'm not going to knock a bloke up off nights to ask to take next doors porn dvd but run back upstairs for your passport 1st
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
New Special delivery item,,,,new tracked item
Would it not be safer to just card all these? I really dont fancy the confrontation, and besides we're always told if you suspect a nasty dog will bite you dont go to that address. I think that transfers to if a householder is going to get confrontational dont go.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
New Special delivery item,,,,new tracked item
The 'personal' , or rather to be delivered to the addressee only rather than whoever answers the door, items numbers will likely increase over time as RM want to get a share of that market. This product will be 'expensive' items so I guess things like mobile phones, electrical equipment, jewellery etc. Sounds like customers currently use other couriers because we don't currently provide a service to deliver to specific persons. Might not be as common as 'safeplace' tracked items or 2D barcodes have become but you never know.world class male wrote:the "personal" special which is only to be signed for by the named person will be few & far between i'd guess, maybe solicitor material or if in shared accommodation,
the age verification will be down to the judgement of the postie, you may think, ah sod it and hand/post it anyway, but imagine if a teenage brat nicked dads credit card and ordered something knowing full well he'll be at work
if ....or when any confrontational customers occur, we'll have cards explaining why printed, hand 1 over and walk away
1 thing that will plummet will be the deliver to neighbour figures, i'm not going to knock a bloke up off nights to ask to take next doors porn dvd but run back upstairs for your passport 1st
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
New Special delivery item,,,,new tracked item
From Amazon, seems this is the business they want
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
high1ander
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 04 May 2015, 15:44
- Gender: Male
New Special delivery item,,,,new tracked item
so say you chap somebody up on a Saturday morning and there a bit hungover...after waiting on them finding there keys you then say I need to see proof of id
so they go and find this..then they come back with id or say they cant find there id..you then say after chapping them up I have to give you a something for you card
you can pick it up at the office when you find youre id...then you get the abuse and you try to explain the rules and its not you that's being a jobsworth its law
while all this is going on youre pda is logging that you have stood still for 10 minutes in the rain or the pda logs off completely because by this time its soaking
this will happen especially at Christmas when were out earlier....I know its extra revenue for royal mail but they never seem to give us anymore time to do all this
I get abuse on a regular basis and im not the only one...this really worries me.
so they go and find this..then they come back with id or say they cant find there id..you then say after chapping them up I have to give you a something for you card
you can pick it up at the office when you find youre id...then you get the abuse and you try to explain the rules and its not you that's being a jobsworth its law
while all this is going on youre pda is logging that you have stood still for 10 minutes in the rain or the pda logs off completely because by this time its soaking
this will happen especially at Christmas when were out earlier....I know its extra revenue for royal mail but they never seem to give us anymore time to do all this
I get abuse on a regular basis and im not the only one...this really worries me.