ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Park n loop partner issues....
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Park n loop partner issues....
Mine has his good and bad points. I will expand on the cons after I've moved to my new duty in the new year as I'd hate to piss him off with the best part of a month of Xmas pressure to get through together?
Me? Cons! Nah, I'm practically perfect in every way. Fragrant, polite, thoughtful, I've always got a pen. Etc.
Me? Cons! Nah, I'm practically perfect in every way. Fragrant, polite, thoughtful, I've always got a pen. Etc.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2041
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Park n loop partner issues....
My partners on long term sick after a knee operation, I don't mind having different posties each week, but I'm not to keen on working with a smoker or vape user, I can't stand the smell on them or the van & they keep nipping off for a drag/suck of their fag/vape when we are ready to bag up & get out, would I be in my right to ask not to be paired up with a smoker/vape user?
Last edited by twoloops on 29 Aug 2019, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Park n loop partner issues....
Redacted
Last edited by Sir Henry on 01 Sep 2019, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Park n loop partner issues....
My partner was on holiday for two weeks , I worked with a guy who farted non stop , the smell in the van was incredible even with the windows down.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2041
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Park n loop partner issues....
Used to work with a bloke that went out for Indian every Sunday night & used to come in halfcut, Monday morning around the frame & in the van ... Horrific, one or two occasions he soiled himself while on the walk & he'd shoot off home in the van sitting on a RM bag, to get cleaned up!
-
Gangham_style14
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 15 Feb 2017, 19:12
- Gender: Male
Park n loop partner issues....
As a spare I have worked with many different partners, Some great blokes & Gals. Others I have sat and wondered how they’re partner puts up with their antics.
A popular lad in our office works with a guy who nobody likes and we just can work out how or why he puts up with him? The guy is on the larger side and has disgusting hygiene. He also has a reputation of stitching his partners up, his voice goes through you, I swear he is a child trapped in a mans body! With some of the comments he comes out with. Yet this lad just gets on with it. It just shows it’s down to the right attitude and mentality as I couldn’t work with him!
A popular lad in our office works with a guy who nobody likes and we just can work out how or why he puts up with him? The guy is on the larger side and has disgusting hygiene. He also has a reputation of stitching his partners up, his voice goes through you, I swear he is a child trapped in a mans body! With some of the comments he comes out with. Yet this lad just gets on with it. It just shows it’s down to the right attitude and mentality as I couldn’t work with him!
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Park n loop partner issues....
I was with a joy recently. They come in later as they do collections, so I was prepping a frame I've never seen before. Lovely frame too....plenty of Sharpie additions/alterations and firms that haven't been updated in over five years.
Anyway, frame all up together by time partner comes in, but haven't tied up as postie on next frame tells me not to as it's not as per frame and matey doesn't like it if you try and tie it up. Fair enough.
Partner comes in, mumbling to himself, snapping the odd order ( get me this, take that) and moans because a few of the packets are in wrong shelf (again, sharpied to hell...do I go frame or what's written up top? Answers on a postcard please!)
Partner drives like lunatic, doesn't do overweights (just stick that under your arm, it's in the first block and they're always in. Apart from today of course and I'm carrying this bloody thing around for another two hundred flats). The driver's loops appear to be quite nice and light, but he's always going to be 'just around the corner' so I'm dead walking at end of each loop and have no idea where he actually goes.
Apart from the last loop. I know where he is then after I deadwalk a quarter of a mile to reach him. He's sat in the van on his phone having a fag while I do my last loop. He doesn't seem to like it much when I get my lunchbox out, leave the doors open and announce 'I'll have my break now then.' Cue much watch glancing and finger drumming on the steering wheel. We've finished way in time anyway, so can't really go back yet as they've been sending people back out...which make his hourly dramatic protests that we're well behind schedule quite amusing.
And when I get back I pouch off by myself too, even though he can't go on collections for another hour and we've already had a break.
Oh well, one day to go, back on the merry go round next week.
Anyway, frame all up together by time partner comes in, but haven't tied up as postie on next frame tells me not to as it's not as per frame and matey doesn't like it if you try and tie it up. Fair enough.
Partner comes in, mumbling to himself, snapping the odd order ( get me this, take that) and moans because a few of the packets are in wrong shelf (again, sharpied to hell...do I go frame or what's written up top? Answers on a postcard please!)
Partner drives like lunatic, doesn't do overweights (just stick that under your arm, it's in the first block and they're always in. Apart from today of course and I'm carrying this bloody thing around for another two hundred flats). The driver's loops appear to be quite nice and light, but he's always going to be 'just around the corner' so I'm dead walking at end of each loop and have no idea where he actually goes.
Apart from the last loop. I know where he is then after I deadwalk a quarter of a mile to reach him. He's sat in the van on his phone having a fag while I do my last loop. He doesn't seem to like it much when I get my lunchbox out, leave the doors open and announce 'I'll have my break now then.' Cue much watch glancing and finger drumming on the steering wheel. We've finished way in time anyway, so can't really go back yet as they've been sending people back out...which make his hourly dramatic protests that we're well behind schedule quite amusing.
And when I get back I pouch off by myself too, even though he can't go on collections for another hour and we've already had a break.
Oh well, one day to go, back on the merry go round next week.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Park n loop partner issues....
It's annoying when you have to beat to someone else's drum. Most Posties are fine and relaxed, but some want you to do things exactly how they want it done and are a bit over intense.crimson king wrote:I was with a joy recently. They come in later as they do collections, so I was prepping a frame I've never seen before. Lovely frame too....plenty of Sharpie additions/alterations and firms that haven't been updated in over five years......
And yes....these frames, especially the parcel sections - they aren't marked up properly/clearly/at all which makes it awkward to newbies who get put on them.
-
Cedar_Room
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09
Park n loop partner issues....
Some cracking posts on here,I was laughing out loud at most of them. Cleverly written & amusing & I can relate to most of them of course. Park & Loop can work well if your partner is even half decent,but get a selfish dickhead & it can be torture
“Shorts,in this weather?!”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Park n loop partner issues....
Also redacted
Last edited by Sir Henry on 01 Sep 2019, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
Route1
- Posts: 369
- Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
- Gender: Female
Park n loop partner issues....
My partner goes at a steady pace. Unfortunately there is no turbo pace if we want to finish early (which is 20 minutes over for us). But he does have a grindingly slow pace when the mail is pumped. I remember once I went for a 40 minute break and came back to being about 10 houses behind ( a couple of minutes). I usually finish before him on most loops but he still thinks hes got the easier loops
I've tried to explain to him we have the same amount of closes but he has few extra firms + the oversized parcels (driver) + he has to cross a busy road twice.
Saying all that, I wouldnt change partner. We have a laugh, he doesnt always do lapsing cos he's sometimes on the school run. I usually do it on o/t (as well as our last loop) as I dont need to get my kids until after their clubs / sports at 6.
He doesnt come in earlier and I like the pace he goes at. All we need is a shorter duty.
Saying all that, I wouldnt change partner. We have a laugh, he doesnt always do lapsing cos he's sometimes on the school run. I usually do it on o/t (as well as our last loop) as I dont need to get my kids until after their clubs / sports at 6.
He doesnt come in earlier and I like the pace he goes at. All we need is a shorter duty.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Park n loop partner issues....
I'm far from a 'runner' and I'm quite happy to do the job properly and work my full time every day, but I had one P&L partner in the past who used to really irritate me because of how deliberately slow he was... simply because he was a bored, lonely divorcee and obviously hated the thought of going home to his empty house at the end of the working day so he would drag it out.
He didn't even bother booking OT when we inevitably went over every day
He didn't even bother booking OT when we inevitably went over every day
-
work
- Posts: 231
- Joined: 09 Sep 2018, 17:01
- Gender: Male
Park n loop partner issues....
so...what has that got to do with anyone else? are you a martyr or just prejudicial towards steady folk? just do your job properly and go home without the bile...save it for management (lack of).wacko74 wrote:I'm far from a 'runner' and I'm quite happy to do the job properly and work my full time every day, but I had one P&L partner in the past who used to really irritate me because of how deliberately slow he was... simply because he was a bored, lonely divorcee and obviously hated the thought of going home to his empty house at the end of the working day so he would drag it out.
He didn't even bother booking OT when we inevitably went over every day
-
Roccat4
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:39
- Gender: Male
Park n loop partner issues....
I am on a floater duty that are mostly covered by people working their day of ;). So changing partners quite often as I am all over the shop. My favourite experience was a driver that vanished for 50 minutes, brought 3/4 of a loop back for me to finish as he had parcels to do - and excuse was that he took the wrong bag and didn want to dead walk. I am still trying to figure it out.
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Park n loop partner issues....
Probably had explosive diarrhea.Roccat4 wrote:I am on a floater duty that are mostly covered by people working their day of ;). So changing partners quite often as I am all over the shop. My favourite experience was a driver that vanished for 50 minutes, brought 3/4 of a loop back for me to finish as he had parcels to do - and excuse was that he took the wrong bag and didn want to dead walk. I am still trying to figure it out.