ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Social media

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Social media

Post by Woody Guthrie »

In most social media conduct cases it is reported by a colleague.

Enemies never betray you, friends do.
Only dead fish follow the current
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Social media

Post by NWpostie »

Woody Guthrie wrote:In most social media conduct cases it is reported by a colleague.

Enemies never betray you, friends do.
Very true, some friends can be false, that pat on your back is a recce for the knife.

I very rarely have anybody from work on my facebook, best kept to the few that have proved themselves, since then refused any further friend requests from work, trust no one.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

Social media

Post by Dindin »

Also don't join any local town groups our town etc
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Social media

Post by NWpostie »

That too, a very good point....nearly all local town and district groups seemed to degenerate into a Brexit slagfest, some of the comments are very personal and potentially libelous, such things can easily spill over into real life.

I stayed out of it.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Social media

Post by Celgar »

Postie45 wrote:
Celgar wrote:
Postie45 wrote:out of interest, who would have reported this ? Do RM routinely go through employees social media ? were they tipped off ?
The main thing is never to be too specific about details of people or situations in your DO. If you read it afterwards but before pressing the submit button and think it could be worked out who you are then don't post it. In the case of this forum the best way to get found out is to use your real name or work nickname as the username for this site. Facebook is different again in that your name and photo are likely on there. I think best advice is not to use Facebook in regard to anything to do with your job working for RM. It's too easily referenced.
thanks ! yeah im well aware of protecting my identity already, and do notice others being very specific about their own circumstances which obviously puts them at risk. I was really asking if RM were actually being proactive about searching this kind of stuff, which apparently they are :(
RM do know who I am on this forum after another former postie used his real name as username then our posts information were connected and one & one made two.
I don't write anything too offensive though and to the best of my knowledge I believe what I write to be correct. RM do definitely read everything on here which is why you should not include too much identifiable data which could be traced back to you. Not a very nice world nowadays is it.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Tman
Posts: 4145
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

Social media

Post by Tman »

Celgar wrote: to the best of my knowledge I believe what I write to be correct.
That's not the issue though; if RM consider your post to be in any way offensive or derogatory to RM and it's employees you'll be in trouble for it.
"But it's true" is no defence.
rumble1234
Posts: 58
Joined: 07 Dec 2010, 11:52
Gender: Male

Social media

Post by rumble1234 »

You were suffering from mental health issues due to bullying. Tell them you had depression and the rest which I'm sure you did then say due to that which was caused by royal mail staff you made a silly mistake . Then say are you really going to sack a guy who's suffering from mental illness due to royal mails staff and they're bullying. Then let them know it would hardly look good at a tribunal. See how that sits with them.