postslippete wrote:I'm sure there are a few posties who probably wouldn't mind dropping their hours down to part-time. I know of one or two posties who got quite a few grand for getting a 'buy down' and dropping their hours from full to part-time whilst I know of one senior full-time postie who just picked a part-time duty when it came up in the re-pick and got no compensation whatsoever.
Why should he get compensated, if he wanted to drop his hrs down to part time thats his choice surely.
I agree I don't think posties should get compensated for dropping hours but we know that Royal Mail want a part-time workforce. If an office has too many full-timers and they won't leave - what more can the office do to save money other than lapse more duties? I think thats why they offered money to full-timers to drop their hours.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
postslippete wrote:I'm sure there are a few posties who probably wouldn't mind dropping their hours down to part-time. I know of one or two posties who got quite a few grand for getting a 'buy down' and dropping their hours from full to part-time whilst I know of one senior full-time postie who just picked a part-time duty when it came up in the re-pick and got no compensation whatsoever.
Why should he get compensated, if he wanted to drop his hrs down to part time thats his choice surely.
I agree I don't think posties should get compensated for dropping hours but we know that Royal Mail want a part-time workforce. If an office has too many full-timers and they won't leave - what more can the office do to save money other than lapse more duties? I think thats why they offered money to full-timers to drop their hours.
Tax situation is that buy downs are not Available nor worth it for the employee or business so you leave paid off or take a cut in pay the only winner is RM and Rico Back stabbing bastard!
postslippete wrote:I'm sure there are a few posties who probably wouldn't mind dropping their hours down to part-time. I know of one or two posties who got quite a few grand for getting a 'buy down' and dropping their hours from full to part-time whilst I know of one senior full-time postie who just picked a part-time duty when it came up in the re-pick and got no compensation whatsoever.
Why should he get compensated, if he wanted to drop his hrs down to part time thats his choice surely.
I agree I don't think posties should get compensated for dropping hours but we know that Royal Mail want a part-time workforce. If an office has too many full-timers and they won't leave - what more can the office do to save money other than lapse more duties? I think thats why they offered money to full-timers to drop their hours.
Why do they want a part time workforce?.....is it because they know they are just a few years away from the sorting process being 90-100% automated?
postslippete wrote:I'm sure there are a few posties who probably wouldn't mind dropping their hours down to part-time. I know of one or two posties who got quite a few grand for getting a 'buy down' and dropping their hours from full to part-time whilst I know of one senior full-time postie who just picked a part-time duty when it came up in the re-pick and got no compensation whatsoever.
Why should he get compensated, if he wanted to drop his hrs down to part time thats his choice surely.
I agree I don't think posties should get compensated for dropping hours but we know that Royal Mail want a part-time workforce. If an office has too many full-timers and they won't leave - what more can the office do to save money other than lapse more duties? I think thats why they offered money to full-timers to drop their hours.
Why do they want a part time workforce?.....is it because they know they are just a few years away from the sorting process being 90-100% automated?
Sick pay annual leave is reduced as is the day to day cost of delivering the mail based on hours indoor vs outdoor.