No revisions should be based on PDA actuals its against the agreement. The cwu have said if they try to use actuals to do a revision or resource workload the rep should lodge a disagreement and flag it upscoobymunster wrote:Has any office "started" their revision based on the Actuals? Do you know if they are planning it based on the current 38 hour week or taking the agreed hour drop into consideration? If they ignore the agreed hour/eventual aim of a 35 hour week, the revisions will be a massive waste of money if CWU gets progress on the 4P's.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Yellow dot
-
citypostie
- Posts: 895
- Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Yellow dot
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12196
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Yellow dot
They can't directly but they could take x hours out of an office which could then trigger a revisioncitypostie wrote:No revisions should be based on PDA actuals its against the agreement. The cwu have said if they try to use actuals to do a revision or resource workload the rep should lodge a disagreement and flag it upscoobymunster wrote:Has any office "started" their revision based on the Actuals? Do you know if they are planning it based on the current 38 hour week or taking the agreed hour drop into consideration? If they ignore the agreed hour/eventual aim of a 35 hour week, the revisions will be a massive waste of money if CWU gets progress on the 4P's.
-
sirchewey
- Posts: 99
- Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 00:19
- Gender: Male
Yellow dot
From what I understand currently, they have stopped using the old A+ system for logging walks. They have just bought in the Final Mile Optimisation system which has been detailed by Ordinance Survey mapping all the front doors and driveways to each property. This is Stage 1 of the system revision which coupled with an average of PDA actuals could form the basis of a revision but I doubt they would unless it is seriously overdue. They won't and can't use purely the PDA actuals to force a revision, but a combination of data they they will have collected such as office performance, overtime claims and parcel volumes etc.
The second stage from what I gather, will be combining this data with data collected from MCs when items are put through the system. This will give more accurate walk volume data. Combining this data will give RM a greater understanding of time required to deliver a single letter, multiple letters and parcels at each call point. Not only this but ultimately coupling this to individual worker's profiles will give them an average time which is deemed acceptable when planning new deliveries.
They have already spent £40m on this system, so I don't think they plan on not optimising it further.
The second stage from what I gather, will be combining this data with data collected from MCs when items are put through the system. This will give more accurate walk volume data. Combining this data will give RM a greater understanding of time required to deliver a single letter, multiple letters and parcels at each call point. Not only this but ultimately coupling this to individual worker's profiles will give them an average time which is deemed acceptable when planning new deliveries.
They have already spent £40m on this system, so I don't think they plan on not optimising it further.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12196
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Yellow dot
They can do if enough hours get taken out as a result of PDA actualssirchewey wrote:They won't and can't use purely the PDA actuals to force a revision
As more and more packets have 2D barcodes on them they'll be able to see fairly accurately the amount of work for a given walk on a given day (possibly down to loop level)sirchewey wrote:The second stage from what I gather, will be combining this data with data collected from MCs when items are put through the system. This will give more accurate walk volume data.
-
sirchewey
- Posts: 99
- Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 00:19
- Gender: Male
Yellow dot
They can't at the moment as the data they receive isn't accurate enough TMK. This is down to refresh times and firmware currently installed on the PDA devices, something that they are currently in the process of upgrading.SpacePhoenix wrote:They can do if enough hours get taken out as a result of PDA actualssirchewey wrote:They won't and can't use purely the PDA actuals to force a revision
Defo! That is the plan I've heard. The data they will be able to use when revisions are taking place in any DO will bypass the opinions of both manager, postie and the planners...... then again the planners wont have any jobs anymore really other than pressing a button. It will literally be a one click revision which will be able to be achieved within a day.SpacePhoenix wrote:As more and more packets have 2D barcodes on them they'll be able to see fairly accurately the amount of work for a given walk on a given day (possibly down to loop level)sirchewey wrote:The second stage from what I gather, will be combining this data with data collected from MCs when items are put through the system. This will give more accurate walk volume data.
As a curiosity, I also heard they were looking at introducing digital frames into DOs. This would mean that revisions could be made seasonally and rounds altered to reflect workload. LCD strips on the sorting frames could be changed at will to reflect lapsing in the summer and introduce extra deliveries at Xmas.
There's one to ponder over your Sunday roast lol
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Yellow dot
So why don't you just take it easy a bit?Smith1212 wrote:I've had this it sometimes occurs because I'm fast on delivery my partner not so much but with how the job is set up i can't go help him on his loops so I'll be sat waiting for 10.15mins daily on certain loops but they can't use it against me as much as they try lol
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Yellow dot
Same here. Mine is where it's meant to be most of the time - in it's dock.claretandblue wrote:Don't carry mine with me, never been questioned about it too.
Depends what you call a loop. I might have three houses in a row with no packets. I'll leave the PDA in it's dock, and go up three drives then back to the van. Long drives and/or a packet that doesn't need scanning mean this could take 5 mins +SpacePhoenix wrote:With the amount of packets that have got barcodes on them now, I find it hard to believe that there are some loops with nothing to scan
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Yellow dot
I wouldn't worry about the yellow dot too much. The big thing RM is on about at the moment is idling of the engine on the vans. Two of us got pulled up on it a couple of weeks ago. Supposedly we were both in the top five in the area for it. If you haven't got the 'trimble' fitted in your van though you don't need to worry and are laughing. This issue is liable to attract the attention of the post office police so watch what you're doing out there at the moment. 
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Jeppol
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 06 Sep 2011, 15:20
- Gender: Male
Yellow dot
Have to disagree, I NEVER book overtime & yet I was called into a potential conduct code meeting with manager who asked me to explain why my van had been stationary for over an hour.Regal wrote:Its only used to understand why you may be booking overtime.
If you dont book overtime, theyll never bother to look at the yellow dot. So dont worry.
-
NorthernPostman
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 13 Mar 2018, 06:16
- Gender: Male
Yellow dot
NewPostieUK wrote:Same here. Mine is where it's meant to be most of the time - in it's dock.claretandblue wrote:Don't carry mine with me, never been questioned about it too.
Depends what you call a loop. I might have three houses in a row with no packets. I'll leave the PDA in it's dock, and go up three drives then back to the van. Long drives and/or a packet that doesn't need scanning mean this could take 5 mins +SpacePhoenix wrote:With the amount of packets that have got barcodes on them now, I find it hard to believe that there are some loops with nothing to scan
I don't understand how people can not carry their PDA with them. What do you do if your PDA is "in it's dock" and you get to a recorded letter in your loop?
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Yellow dot
I have the PDA hanging in my hand which also holds the bundle of mail via the loop handle. Bit of a bother but it avoids virtually all the yellow dots occurring. I used to use the shoulder holster but it led to an infection and a hospital operation so I don't use the holster anymore.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
themailman
- Posts: 399
- Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Yellow dot
Are they implying that people are leaving the engine running when delivering a parcel etc?Celgar wrote:I wouldn't worry about the yellow dot too much. The big thing RM is on about at the moment is idling of the engine on the vans. Two of us got pulled up on it a couple of weeks ago. Supposedly we were both in the top five in the area for it. If you haven't got the 'trimble' fitted in your van though you don't need to worry and are laughing. This issue is liable to attract the attention of the post office police so watch what you're doing out there at the moment.
Hell mend anyone for doing that - there is literally no excuse for it.
-
scoobymunster
- Posts: 346
- Joined: 30 Mar 2011, 00:39
- Gender: Male
Yellow dot
Our office got in grief about van idling last Christmas, you're allowed to sit with the van(and heating!) running for your break, they can't expect you to just sit freezing in a cold van.
-
Redvannon
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 27 Nov 2017, 20:09
- Gender: Male
Yellow dot
I suspect you're right, and it's in real time. I got questioned about if I'd been somewhere just off route yesterday (which the manager obviously knew I had) which in my defence I spent about 10 mins at if that and I was getting food.SpacePhoenix wrote: They can see if you go off-route. I suspect that with the new thing that's been brought in, it might flag up automatically when someone goes off-route
Either that or I got reported by a fellow postie or woe betide a manager saw me. Wound me right up I have to admit.