ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Delivering to schools during school holidays

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Delivering to schools during school holidays

Post by k979aaa »

sirchewey wrote:I thought writing on live mail was now frowned upon and we were to utilise the small grey inaccessible stickers, which give 6 working days and advise of reasons as to why we couldn't deliver. Each item of mail should have these on so when we kill the mail off at the end of the cycle we would not be batch killing mail which has only just come into the system. I might be wrong but thought this was now standard practice.
WOW your manager must be good we cannot get redirection bags stickers/labels or kill of labels never mind something I have never seen how can I get them with out asking a pompous twit who only knows his bonus size and is always on the sick.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12196
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Delivering to schools during school holidays

Post by SpacePhoenix »

k979aaa wrote:
sirchewey wrote:I thought writing on live mail was now frowned upon and we were to utilise the small grey inaccessible stickers, which give 6 working days and advise of reasons as to why we couldn't deliver. Each item of mail should have these on so when we kill the mail off at the end of the cycle we would not be batch killing mail which has only just come into the system. I might be wrong but thought this was now standard practice.
WOW your manager must be good we cannot get redirection bags stickers/labels or kill of labels never mind something I have never seen how can I get them with out asking a pompous twit who only knows his bonus size and is always on the sick.
I think it was mentioned in another thread that the redirection bags are being axed so each item has to have its own redirection sticker.
sirchewey
Posts: 99
Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 00:19
Gender: Male

Delivering to schools during school holidays

Post by sirchewey »

k979aaa wrote:
sirchewey wrote:I thought writing on live mail was now frowned upon and we were to utilise the small grey inaccessible stickers, which give 6 working days and advise of reasons as to why we couldn't deliver. Each item of mail should have these on so when we kill the mail off at the end of the cycle we would not be batch killing mail which has only just come into the system. I might be wrong but thought this was now standard practice.
WOW your manager must be good we cannot get redirection bags stickers/labels or kill of labels never mind something I have never seen how can I get them with out asking a pompous twit who only knows his bonus size and is always on the sick.
I believe the PHG should be able to raise an order. Weather they do it or do it through manager I dont know
plodplodplod
Posts: 56
Joined: 10 Nov 2013, 21:30
Gender: Male

Delivering to schools during school holidays

Post by plodplodplod »

2Shedz wrote:I have this argument with a manager every year.

If you are making schools pay for a keepsafe when they are closed for holiday why aren't you
making the businesses that are shut over xmas pay for one as well.
Especially those with no point of delivery.

Smiffy
totally agree! we should be sending business mail back too
plodplodplod
Posts: 56
Joined: 10 Nov 2013, 21:30
Gender: Male

Delivering to schools during school holidays

Post by plodplodplod »

therefore unless theres a holiday retention or saturday retention taken out then ALL mail for that day for schools should be taken out FOR THAT DAY with no assumption that it will be closed.
if no answer at the school try neighbours both sides and opposite. :nana
ScousePostie
Posts: 273
Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
Gender: Male

Delivering to schools during school holidays

Post by ScousePostie »

plodplodplod wrote:therefore unless theres a holiday retention or saturday retention taken out then ALL mail for that day for schools should be taken out FOR THAT DAY with no assumption that it will be closed.
if no answer at the school try neighbours both sides and opposite. :nana
And remember the leave a 'deliver to neighbour' card.