If I remember right Royal mail pay you an average of your previous 12 weeks overtime.Which you don't have to pay backpostietom wrote:And how is it people end up BETTER off? It says on my form the court will cover my expenses upto 62 quid I think? That's less than what I make at Royal Mail in a day!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Jury service question
-
DICKIEG
- Posts: 158
- Joined: 27 Jun 2011, 19:07
- Gender: Male
Jury service question
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Jury service question
That's not true, the court pays you for the time spent there not Royal Mail. I understand I will keep being paid, but it's just a loan and it will be upto me to claim the money back and then give it back to Royal Mail. I just don't want to end up owing Royal Mail money!
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Jury service question
Ok you will need to go to court if you don't you will spend time inside and lose your job. So what you need to do is take your own sandwiches and a bottle of water make sure you can drink from it before you enter the building. That will save you lots of money that is the biggest step the other one is get all the paperwork done before you go to court as they fill it in for you going back is a pain in the arse but RM is crap in this respect. The other is take a book or get a data plan unless you get on a case or are charming or meet someone who is you will be board out of your brains in 5 seconds. Oh and save your train tickets and produce them each day helps with your reimbursement. Also think of those who cannot provide means of income they are losing far more than you and it is not bad money for being sat on your ass all day!postietom wrote:That's not true, the court pays you for the time spent there not Royal Mail. I understand I will keep being paid, but it's just a loan and it will be upto me to claim the money back and then give it back to Royal Mail. I just don't want to end up owing Royal Mail money!
-
hatter68
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 18 Sep 2009, 18:19
- Gender: Male
Jury service question
Court are supposed to text you about next day if they need you but this doesn’t always happen so keep phone number of court so you can confirm
-
hatter68
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 18 Sep 2009, 18:19
- Gender: Male
Jury service question
If you’re not required to attend on the day you’ll have to go to work as normal well I had to anyway
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Jury service question
This is kind of what I figured. I was hoping I'd be sat at home on my Xbox for two weeks just waiting for a call from the court that never came, but figured I wouldn't be so lucky. It's a pain then because if I'm not selected I'm gonna have to go to work who are not gonna have a duty for me because mine is gonna have to be covered just incase the court does need me meaning I'm probably gonna be stuck indoors on light duties or in the callershatter68 wrote:If you’re not required to attend on the day you’ll have to go to work as normal well I had to anyway
-
hatter68
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 18 Sep 2009, 18:19
- Gender: Male
Jury service question
I never had to sit on any cases my name was called out but was never one of twelve who were sworn in then told not needed for that day go home. Wait for text or phone in to see whether you’re required to attend next day.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Jury service question
By the way if you do Monday to Friday they cannot make you come in Saturday as this has cropped upon here numerous times.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Jury service question
k979aaa wrote:By the way if you do Monday to Friday they cannot make you come in Saturday as this has okcropped upon here numerous times.
-
hatter68
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 18 Sep 2009, 18:19
- Gender: Male
Jury service question
I was told by line manager you had to work Saturday because of wallington week
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Jury service question
Tell the judge that before your on a six week trial locked up in a hotel.hatter68 wrote:I was told by line manager you had to work Saturday because of wallington week
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Jury service question
hes correct, if youre doing wallington week then youre doing approx 46 hr weeks, the court would essentially cover you for 40hrs.hatter68 wrote:I was told by line manager you had to work Saturday because of wallington week