Surly that just encourages them to buy more stuff online? Make it difficult for them & you could soon eradicate oversized parcels from you walk & also keep the high street opencpsteve wrote:If i finish early on my way back i go back to any undelivered packets on my route where people are normally in.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How many neighbours do you knock?
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2039
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
How many neighbours do you knock?
-
Sledge4211
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 03 Dec 2018, 14:47
- Gender: Male
How many neighbours do you knock?
And deny any revenue for Royal Mail for no incoming packets on that walk...smh lolmattycash wrote:Surly that just encourages them to buy more stuff online? Make it difficult for them & you could soon eradicate oversized parcels from you walk & also keep the high street opencpsteve wrote:If i finish early on my way back i go back to any undelivered packets on my route where people are normally in.
-
Leon32
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 09 Oct 2014, 05:38
- Gender: Male
-
Trail
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
- Gender: Male
How many neighbours do you knock?
I'm the same. I did for the first week or two, but after I was running to three houses to get rid of one packet I stopped that. It was frustrating, unsuccessful when all three were out, it was also making me late for my partner. Just holding up the process basically.Leon32 wrote:Zero
-
exaandt
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 13:58
How many neighbours do you knock?
Good for you and love the manager nik names
Yes I do this and as you say pda protects you come on all enjoy join the pda protection party or pop for short lol
PDAs are the best thing since the days when a manager used to come out with you and test the round its GREAT
Well done you
Yes I do this and as you say pda protects you come on all enjoy join the pda protection party or pop for short lol
PDAs are the best thing since the days when a manager used to come out with you and test the round its GREAT
Well done you
-
sirchewey
- Posts: 99
- Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 00:19
- Gender: Male
How many neighbours do you knock?
I work to rule.... 3 neighbour's and then P739. I've added an extra 45-60 minutes onto my delivery time since doing this. RM want us all to do this, so does the union. Why rush yourselves just so they can give you even more work to do. Use your PDA actuals to your advantage. If you have too much work, call it in, bring it back, let it fail, then they can get your workload correct as per the PDA actuals. I'm nearly 40 years young, and when I'm 65 I'll still be 65 years young, not old and knackered. Do your job to the letter, work smarter not harder.
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
How many neighbours do you knock?
So its good for us the more we get to deliver the more secure our jobs are. I have a van so i do most of the packets what happens to the high street is not my problem. Why would you drive past a home where you know someone is in and not deliver thats just weird.mattycash wrote:Surly that just encourages them to buy more stuff online? Make it difficult for them & you could soon eradicate oversized parcels from you walk & also keep the high street opencpsteve wrote:If i finish early on my way back i go back to any undelivered packets on my route where people are normally in.
-
Pizza menu
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 21 Sep 2018, 10:26
- Gender: Male
How many neighbours do you knock?
As many as it takes.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2039
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Re: How many neighbours do you knock?
Christmas is over, it was raining, time to teach the slow to answer the door brigade & you have parcels every f**king day gang a lesson, I wrote my 739s out in advance & they got one big PDA knock & 1 to 10 count & I was off, hope the callers office & car park is rammed when they collect it 
-
smok3y666
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
- Gender: Male
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: How many neighbours do you knock?
I Never bother trying neighbours. My point of view is: Why should I inconvience someone else because you're not in to receive something that you've ordered?
I don't give a shite what Terry & Simon want me to do.
I do take the time to try and educate customers about using the "Safe Place" option (stressing that it should actually be a SENSIBLE Safe place) and also the "Local Collect" from the nearby Post Office.
With Repeat Offenders (who are NEVER in) I even write out the 739s before I leave the DO (Better Light, DRY & Comfortable)
With a Van duty I've found myself spending more time stopping right outside more addresses, with oversize parcels, and just walking smaller loops. Gone are the days of parking up and walking off with a LWT and a couple of bags (one full of small parcels) to do a street. Often I'm moving the van 3 or 4 times down a street with only 30 addresses.... but with 9 Serial Parcel Orderers FFS!
I don't give a shite what Terry & Simon want me to do.
I do take the time to try and educate customers about using the "Safe Place" option (stressing that it should actually be a SENSIBLE Safe place) and also the "Local Collect" from the nearby Post Office.
With Repeat Offenders (who are NEVER in) I even write out the 739s before I leave the DO (Better Light, DRY & Comfortable)
With a Van duty I've found myself spending more time stopping right outside more addresses, with oversize parcels, and just walking smaller loops. Gone are the days of parking up and walking off with a LWT and a couple of bags (one full of small parcels) to do a street. Often I'm moving the van 3 or 4 times down a street with only 30 addresses.... but with 9 Serial Parcel Orderers FFS!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: How many neighbours do you knock?
norris9 wrote: ↑16 May 2019, 19:01
Ahh man. I had one the other day....
I ring and after 30 seconds someone answers who is out the house and says their mum is in the house so they would ring her.... I was like FFS this could take a while....
So started writing out the docket........just as I have completed writing it, 2 minutes after originally ringing the bell the mum comes to the door.
It's hard not to have a pissed off look on my face when someone answers the door just as I've finished writing out a docket.![]()
Do those camera ringer things only go through to the owners mobile phone?.... do they not actually set off a bell inside the house?
Yep I know that feeling Norris. What I do is dramatically tear the 739 up in front of them and say, "Do you mind putting that in your bin for me"?
They normally get the message.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Kenfandango
- Posts: 694
- Joined: 19 Oct 2021, 16:40
- Gender: Male
Re: How many neighbours do you knock?
If I'm busy it's zero. I see if there are any cars/ lights on/ signs of life as I approach the house, if it looks empty I knock and start writing the 739. If they answer while I'm doing it I've not wasted any time.
I've had far too many "will you take this parcel"/ "who's it for?"/ "76"/ "no then" conversations in the past few months. Knock on 3 houses and the only one who answers won't take it, end up filling out a full 739 anyway.
I've had far too many "will you take this parcel"/ "who's it for?"/ "76"/ "no then" conversations in the past few months. Knock on 3 houses and the only one who answers won't take it, end up filling out a full 739 anyway.
-
par4mrl
- Posts: 89
- Joined: 21 Feb 2013, 22:34
- Gender: Male
Re: How many neighbours do you knock?
Absolutely none. There is no time for shenanigans
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: How many neighbours do you knock?
When in doubt, write a slip out
Unless a neighbour comes out willingly and accepts a neighbours parcel, why bother inconveniencing anyone unless its a trunk sized parcel that I really don't want to re-deliver
Unless a neighbour comes out willingly and accepts a neighbours parcel, why bother inconveniencing anyone unless its a trunk sized parcel that I really don't want to re-deliver
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.