ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Reimbursement for purchase of footwear
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1535
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Reimbursement for purchase of footwear
Had my last claim rejected as they weren't ISO 20347 compliant.
-
transporter03
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 03 Oct 2017, 18:24
- Gender: Male
Reimbursement for purchase of footwear
Just to update you all on this issue.
I have now been told that I now need to reproduce the doctors exemption note which was issued in march 2018.
During the past 12 months I have also been using my quota of royal mail shoes. I've tried different ones each time just to see if any were more comfortable . Without success you will be surprised to know !. I'll let you know when the money is in the bank.
I have now been told that I now need to reproduce the doctors exemption note which was issued in march 2018.
During the past 12 months I have also been using my quota of royal mail shoes. I've tried different ones each time just to see if any were more comfortable . Without success you will be surprised to know !. I'll let you know when the money is in the bank.
-
Yamr1
- Posts: 625
- Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
- Gender: Female
Reimbursement for purchase of footwear
Iso standards got doctors note but never got trainers for delivery,
But need help dont have a clue but need to now,
what ones are iso etc that people have bought
HELPPPPPPPPP
But need help dont have a clue but need to now,
what ones are iso etc that people have bought
HELPPPPPPPPP
-
sirchewey
- Posts: 99
- Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 00:19
- Gender: Male
Reimbursement for purchase of footwear
Found this online....Yamr1 wrote:Iso standards got doctors note but never got trainers for delivery,
But need help dont have a clue but need to now,
what ones are iso etc that people have bought
HELPPPPPPPPP
What is EN ISO 20347?
When starting a new job, your employer might ask you to buy shoes that meet the safety specification of ISO 20347. This is the safety standard for occupational footwear. If you see a pair of shoes with this code, this means they meet all the specifications expected for occupational shoes.
Occupational footwear is not required to have steel or composite toe caps but they are expected to have:
Antistatic, fully enclosed and energy absorbing heel
Water absorption and penetration resistance
Cleated sole
Outsole resistance to fuel oil
In the basic requirements for occupational footwear, to meet the safety standards for leather shoes and other materials (excluding rubber and polymeric types), they have to be water resistant.
A common misconception people make when buying new shoes for work is that EN ISO 20347 describes all types of safety shoes but in fact this numeric standard only refers to occupational footwear.
They are not designed to protect the feet from heavy compression or impact force.
Basically, you can buy a pair of crocks as long as they are the style that doesn't have holes in them and have an enclosed heel lol
Merrell shoes with Vibram soles comply. Vibram manufacture a large range of soles which comply to the fuel/oil component of the ISO 20347, TC4(+) and TC5(+) compound soles are used quite a bit in outdoor hiking and walking shoes and boots. Cleated soles are just soles which have nobbly bits on rather than a smooth sole. I personally use Merrell MOAB boots and shoes, from what I can see the whole range complies to this specification and they have a large lug depth of around 5mm which is more than most soles of this style - get a little more wear for your money.