6 months? Try 6 weeks till the soles are worn!Newbie001 wrote:I get this and I find it gets worse, mostly down to age of shoe. For first couple months, fine no real issues. Then it slowly gets worse every day until shoes are about 4 months old. Then it's a fight to get new pair if you're soles aren't worn enough because managers don't give a crap. By the sixth month it's a struggle to stand up every morning. But by this stage soles usually worn enough to get new pair. Then rinse/repeat. That's my experience anyway, they really aren't fit for the job, don't give your feet enough support.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
-
Harv12
- Posts: 158
- Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 18:25
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
i use these and have no issuses at all. nice n cheap
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392290453813" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392290453813" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
Those look good. A shame the large size, is three sizes to small for me...Harv12 wrote:i use these and have no issuses at all. nice n cheap
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392290453813" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1535
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
Line manager showed me the email he'd received after putting in my last claim about 3 months ago. This was around the time they increased the amount you could claim towards your own shoes.greengiant wrote:Yes, but who told you that? Your line manager? Your Delivery Office Manager? And what ISO standard does the footwear need to meet?Hitcher wrote:Told I'll no longer be covered if I wear my own shoes on delivery.bardeh wrote:I just wear my own anyway, nobody has ever said anything. I'm not ruining my feet for the sake of RM, bugger that.Royal Mail.greengiant wrote:Who says they need to have an ISO standard?
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1535
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
Tried ones like that before but the pads came loose.Harv12 wrote:i use these and have no issuses at all. nice n cheap
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392290453813" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
sirchewey
- Posts: 99
- Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 00:19
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
I've used Sorbothane Double Strikes in the past before being signed out of wearing anything RM. They eased up any issues I had but all the RM footwear I had over the years ruined my feet, knees and hips. I was told by my podiatrist that if they made me continue to wear the shoes they provided he would raise a law suit with them. He provided me with a 24 month rehab plan of specially made insoles to wear in non RM footwear which changed gradually every month until my issues were resolved. He also sent them a to the point letter which said that under no circumstances was I to wear their footwear at any point in the future. Still have the letter, never needs updating, plain as day.
FYI I wear Merrell Moab 2 both ventilators and the GTX boot. Perfect for my feet and never looked back since. I get about 600 miles out if each pair
FYI I wear Merrell Moab 2 both ventilators and the GTX boot. Perfect for my feet and never looked back since. I get about 600 miles out if each pair
-
masterblaster
- Posts: 285
- Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
I had that and found my own cure. Stand up and ( With the affected leg obviously), flick you leg out with a loose ankle, so as seemingly kicking a ball with your heel pad, so you are basically stretching out you tendons and the other bits (tech term). Which seem to get compressed, even 1st thing when you get out bed when it hurts, is because you calf muscle has been tightening it up all night. Try it.Hitcher wrote:Been using my own for about 5 years after getting a doctors note but now it's all changed and they need to have an ISO standard, which I can only find on safety shoes, so it's back to Royal Mail shoes for me.![]()
So has anyone found a Royal Mail pair that actually helps plantar fasciitis sufferers?
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
I wear Karrimor trainers with custom-made Orthotics from the NHS Podiatrist.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
Doesn't say anything about footwear having to match ISO standards, in this thread:Hitcher wrote:Line manager showed me the email he'd received after putting in my last claim about 3 months ago. This was around the time they increased the amount you could claim towards your own shoes.greengiant wrote:Yes, but who told you that? Your line manager? Your Delivery Office Manager? And what ISO standard does the footwear need to meet?Hitcher wrote:Told I'll no longer be covered if I wear my own shoes on delivery.bardeh wrote:I just wear my own anyway, nobody has ever said anything. I'm not ruining my feet for the sake of RM, bugger that.Royal Mail.greengiant wrote:Who says they need to have an ISO standard?
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 8b7#unread" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Gasman11
- Posts: 272
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
They look good but not sure i could afford the continual outlay though as they'd only last me 3 months before id need a new pair, although it is your welfare you're paying for i suppose.sirchewey wrote:I've used Sorbothane Double Strikes in the past before being signed out of wearing anything RM. They eased up any issues I had but all the RM footwear I had over the years ruined my feet, knees and hips. I was told by my podiatrist that if they made me continue to wear the shoes they provided he would raise a law suit with them. He provided me with a 24 month rehab plan of specially made insoles to wear in non RM footwear which changed gradually every month until my issues were resolved. He also sent them a to the point letter which said that under no circumstances was I to wear their footwear at any point in the future. Still have the letter, never needs updating, plain as day.
FYI I wear Merrell Moab 2 both ventilators and the GTX boot. Perfect for my feet and never looked back since. I get about 600 miles out if each pair
-
sirchewey
- Posts: 99
- Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 00:19
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
After going through pain and discomfort for years due to inadequate footwear supplied by the company, it was an easy choice for me to make. I either dig deep in the pockets for comfortable shoes or live in face undoing all that rehab.Gasman11 wrote:They look good but not sure i could afford the continual outlay though as they'd only last me 3 months before id need a new pair, although it is your welfare you're paying for i suppose.sirchewey wrote:I've used Sorbothane Double Strikes in the past before being signed out of wearing anything RM. They eased up any issues I had but all the RM footwear I had over the years ruined my feet, knees and hips. I was told by my podiatrist that if they made me continue to wear the shoes they provided he would raise a law suit with them. He provided me with a 24 month rehab plan of specially made insoles to wear in non RM footwear which changed gradually every month until my issues were resolved. He also sent them a to the point letter which said that under no circumstances was I to wear their footwear at any point in the future. Still have the letter, never needs updating, plain as day.
FYI I wear Merrell Moab 2 both ventilators and the GTX boot. Perfect for my feet and never looked back since. I get about 600 miles out if each pair
Looks like with the increased payment in footwear, youd be looking at getting one pair free over 12 months. I've never had any shoe last me 6 months, I generally get a little more wear through the summer as it's a little lighter on foot but 4 months is generally the maximum for anything. After buying dozens of shoes over the years for work I can recommend anything with a vibram sole. They seem to last about 20% longer than own branded soles. Worst pair I bought were some new balance walking shoes, sole lasted 3 weeks... that purchase was expensive lol
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1535
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
No, but the letter he received from the Print and Uniform Manager stated they have to be ISO 20347 compliant.greengiant wrote:Doesn't say anything about footwear having to match ISO standards, in this thread:Hitcher wrote:Line manager showed me the email he'd received after putting in my last claim about 3 months ago. This was around the time they increased the amount you could claim towards your own shoes.greengiant wrote:Yes, but who told you that? Your line manager? Your Delivery Office Manager? And what ISO standard does the footwear need to meet?Hitcher wrote:Told I'll no longer be covered if I wear my own shoes on delivery.bardeh wrote:I just wear my own anyway, nobody has ever said anything. I'm not ruining my feet for the sake of RM, bugger that.Royal Mail.greengiant wrote:Who says they need to have an ISO standard?
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 8b7#unread" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
itinerant
- Posts: 156
- Joined: 16 Sep 2017, 17:54
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
I use these https://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-s ... e=18301303
They are only £30. I did not think they would be up to much for the price but they have been brilliant. Lightweight and with good grip + the sole is only now showing signs of wear and tear after 4 months and are ready to be replaced.
They are only £30. I did not think they would be up to much for the price but they have been brilliant. Lightweight and with good grip + the sole is only now showing signs of wear and tear after 4 months and are ready to be replaced.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2041
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
What's the sizing like on those itinerant?
-
Rael, the IAK
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 19 Dec 2018, 13:08
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
I bought a pair of Karrimor Summits a few weeks ago, as my RM shoes were making my feet hurt on a long duty. Usually an 8, but needed an 8.5 in these. They're comfy and light, but not waterproof, so got wet feet last week. No one in my DO seems to be pulled up for wearing non RM shoes.