ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

PDA not letting you send a signature

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

PDA not letting you send a signature

Post by arnold cheshire »

Celgar wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:Are the PDAs being rebooted before you head out to do your walk? Might be worth trying rebooting them once a day before you head out to do your walk
I have been told this is the answer but I don't generally do it.
I'm going to reboot mine every time I start delivery now
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

PDA not letting you send a signature

Post by rambo1 »

Celgar wrote:
arnold cheshire wrote:Twice now I've had customers sign and the submit button doesn't appear . Is anyone else having this issue?
Very common problem with the PDA - welcome to my exclusive 'the PDA doesn't work' club. It won't clear by itself so you have to clear the item barcode then either do Power Off or Reboot. Personally if this happens it's usually after they have shut the door and I don't like to bother them so I sign for it myself.
I still haven't nailed down the reason for the fault on the PDA but it could be:
1) Location based problems in particular poor connectivity or phone mast reception.
2) Water or rain entering the battery compartment. (I have ruled this one out).
3) Software/App/programming related.
4) Same as nearly every other bit of RM equipment from vans to frames to stormproof coats that isn't fit for purpose.

I tend to go with reason 3 but others in my office say it's reason 1.
'bother' the customer again or sign for it yourself and potentially lose your job. Hmmmm tough call.
koolishy67
Posts: 665
Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
Gender: Male

PDA not letting you send a signature

Post by koolishy67 »

This is normal .
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

PDA not letting you send a signature

Post by robbertwhitton »

rambo1 wrote:
Celgar wrote:
arnold cheshire wrote:Twice now I've had customers sign and the submit button doesn't appear . Is anyone else having this issue?
Very common problem with the PDA - welcome to my exclusive 'the PDA doesn't work' club. It won't clear by itself so you have to clear the item barcode then either do Power Off or Reboot. Personally if this happens it's usually after they have shut the door and I don't like to bother them so I sign for it myself.
I still haven't nailed down the reason for the fault on the PDA but it could be:
1) Location based problems in particular poor connectivity or phone mast reception.
2) Water or rain entering the battery compartment. (I have ruled this one out).
3) Software/App/programming related.
4) Same as nearly every other bit of RM equipment from vans to frames to stormproof coats that isn't fit for purpose.

I tend to go with reason 3 but others in my office say it's reason 1.
'bother' the customer again or sign for it yourself and potentially lose your job. Hmmmm tough call.
Ha! I’d go for reason 4 every day of the week,it’s a no brainer!,
plaguelift
Posts: 133
Joined: 19 Apr 2011, 06:16
Gender: Male

PDA not letting you send a signature

Post by plaguelift »

arnold cheshire wrote:Twice now I've had customers sign and the submit button doesn't appear . Is anyone else having this issue?
Yes. It’s happened to me a couple of times this week. I find if you hit the back button (bottom left, curved line with arrow) which takes you back to the ‘enter name’ screen then just hit continue to go back into the signature screen it will work. Annoying, especially if you have walked away from the door and need to go back and get it signed again.
matt76
Posts: 25
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 13:36
Gender: Male

PDA not letting you send a signature

Post by matt76 »

plaguelift wrote:
arnold cheshire wrote:Twice now I've had customers sign and the submit button doesn't appear . Is anyone else having this issue?
Yes. It’s happened to me a couple of times this week. I find if you hit the back button (bottom left, curved line with arrow) which takes you back to the ‘enter name’ screen then just hit continue to go back into the signature screen it will work. Annoying, especially if you have walked away from the door and need to go back and get it signed again.
I’ve tried doing that but it still doesn’t work!