well saidDorset Plodder wrote:I recently had a Local Hotel change management. The Old Owners were quite happy to let me use the toilet. The New Owner said she didn't want the Hotel used as a Public Toilet. I said "No Problem".![]()
She used to get her mail in the First Pouch, nice & early. I then used to save her mail until last and deliver it just before I returned to the Office. When she asked why she was getting her mail later I told her, "I have to spend much longer now trying to find a Restaurant, or Pub, so that I can use their toilet"! The moral of this story is don't piss the Postie Off... he knows where you live.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postwomen Toilet Break Suggestions
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Postwomen Toilet Break Suggestions
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Postwomen Toilet Break Suggestions
When I started I was on a purely residential round with a HCT. When I asked the question about where was I supposed to use the loo Management told me to knock on someone's door. Unbelievable!
I do love a duty with shops and toilets. Loo stops can be a huge problem for us ladies!!!!!!!!
I do love a duty with shops and toilets. Loo stops can be a huge problem for us ladies!!!!!!!!
-
citypostie
- Posts: 895
- Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Postwomen Toilet Break Suggestions
Postman- plenty off empty bottles in the van just In case. Job done
Postwoman- wide lipped bottle or takeaway coffee cup with a lid. Job done
Anybody else- pick and mix from the above. Job done
Postwoman- wide lipped bottle or takeaway coffee cup with a lid. Job done
Anybody else- pick and mix from the above. Job done
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Postwomen Toilet Break Suggestions
OMG are you having a laugh? Where am I supposed to pee into a cup if I'm on a HCT duty????citypostie wrote:Postman- plenty off empty bottles in the van just In case. Job done
Postwoman- wide lipped bottle or takeaway coffee cup with a lid. Job done
Anybody else- pick and mix from the above. Job done
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Postwomen Toilet Break Suggestions
No wonder the van stinks of piss this vile practice is not a safe nor pleasant one if you cannot smoke in a van why can us use it as a latrine next you will be telling us it is OK to masturbate in the van and pull prostitutes in as well some people on here!citypostie wrote:Postman- plenty off empty bottles in the van just In case. Job done
Postwoman- wide lipped bottle or takeaway coffee cup with a lid. Job done
Anybody else- pick and mix from the above. Job done
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Postwomen Toilet Break Suggestions
k979aaa wrote:No wonder the van stinks of piss this vile practice is not a safe nor pleasant one if you cannot smoke in a van why can us use it as a latrine next you will be telling us it is OK to masturbate in the van and pull prostitutes in as well some people on here!citypostie wrote:Postman- plenty off empty bottles in the van just In case. Job done
Postwoman- wide lipped bottle or takeaway coffee cup with a lid. Job done
Anybody else- pick and mix from the above. Job done![]()
![]()
-
citypostie
- Posts: 895
- Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Postwomen Toilet Break Suggestions
Name calling post removed
If someone has a different position to you please respect their right to have differing views, and enjoy yourself when picking holes in their position in a constructive way. We would much rather have a long winded well thought out argument, picking out weak points in someone's position, than have a thread full of 1 line insults.
Last edited by TrueBlueTerrier on 12 Jul 2019, 09:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I edited it as it broke the rules and the spirit of this board
Reason: I edited it as it broke the rules and the spirit of this board
-
brisycom
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 07 Jun 2019, 12:18
- Gender: Male
Postwomen Toilet Break Suggestions
Why not just ask the homeowner if it’s a residential round, I would be happy for postie to use the loo or are you not allowed to? If that’s the case then it’s crazy. If your bringing the post it’s no hassle as far as I’m concerned.
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Postwomen Toilet Break Suggestions
I did that few times if I didn`t have any bussiness on my route, I`m not ashamed that I`m human and I need a toilet and can`t wait few more hours.
I also ask for a drink if I finished mine, a glass of tap water is free and people are always happy to help.
I also ask for a drink if I finished mine, a glass of tap water is free and people are always happy to help.
-
brisycom
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 07 Jun 2019, 12:18
- Gender: Male
Postwomen Toilet Break Suggestions
Totally agree, while I do not work for Royal Mail, I am a grateful customer who has his mail delivered by a great postie come rain or shine.
You folks do a fantastic job for us, so the very least we can do is let you use the loo or have drink.
Brian
You folks do a fantastic job for us, so the very least we can do is let you use the loo or have drink.
Brian
Janet Brum wrote:I did that few times if I didn`t have any bussiness on my route, I`m not ashamed that I`m human and I need a toilet and can`t wait few more hours.
I also ask for a drink if I finished mine, a glass of tap water is free and people are always happy to help.
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Postwomen Toilet Break Suggestions
I quite agree but what if Homeowner says something has gone missing and blames it on Postie? It's a minefield!!!!!!brisycom wrote:Why not just ask the homeowner if it’s a residential round, I would be happy for postie to use the loo or are you not allowed to? If that’s the case then it’s crazy. If your bringing the post it’s no hassle as far as I’m concerned.
-
work
- Posts: 231
- Joined: 09 Sep 2018, 17:01
- Gender: Male
Postwomen Toilet Break Suggestions
then take your meal relief indoors, toorockgod11 wrote:Toilet stops should be in 318s,walk log ,if no toilet stops on duty ,drive back to office.
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Postwomen Toilet Break Suggestions
Worked in many offices and have never seen one of these folders up to date. When put on new walk I used to look to see where to park, loops, hazards etc. But all I find 9 times out of 10 is a layer of dust and streets not even on walk. Complete waste of time.Kernowbabe wrote:Every round should have a wrap book, red folder on top of the frame. This should be updated regularly re. Comfort breaks, dogs and other hazards. Ask the office health and safety rep, if the folder is missing or not updated in the past year.
Can guarantee most folders have not been touched since whenever last revision was. And I don't think any Ive seen mention anything about toilet breaks.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Postwomen Toilet Break Suggestions
Well you have two choices urinate in the street or return to office all this bull about shops and public lavatory's is not a feasible option in most cases anymore!
-
Coinbags
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 26 Jan 2018, 22:42
- Gender: Male
Postwomen Toilet Break Suggestions
It is for people with even basic social skills !k979aaa wrote:Well you have two choices urinate in the street or return to office all this bull about shops and public lavatory's is not a feasible option in most cases anymore!