ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Overtime confusion

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dougfunny892
Posts: 91
Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by dougfunny892 »

Not that difficult to prove with PDA actuals.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by number one »

dougfunny892 wrote:Not that difficult to prove with PDA actuals.
Prove what with PDA actuals? It’s a minimum of 1:30hr a row. So 3 rows 4:30hrs. Anybody is able to put their name forward to do more rows on overtime but not many do. People want the extra money without doing the extra work
dougfunny892
Posts: 91
Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by dougfunny892 »

I know what the times are per row. But thats wrong and needs changing when i do an hours overtime and get an hour and someone else has done an hours overtime and got 4. The PDA actuals will show that.
dougfunny892
Posts: 91
Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by dougfunny892 »

How do you do 2 rounds for just 1 hour over your finish time? Without coming in early or working through your break or both the rounds are too easy?
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by number one »

Well next time volunteer to do the other round after your duty if it’s so easy so not only will you get an hour for going over on yours but will get another 4+ for doing the other round
dougfunny892
Posts: 91
Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by dougfunny892 »

Pay attention my round takes me an hour over my time. Even if i did the easy round in say 2 hours thats still 2 hours later than the other guy.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by Postie45 »

yes this is a legacy of the way OT has been paid out. Its probably something that wont last too much longer when the PDA data is used more extensively.
dougfunny892
Posts: 91
Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by dougfunny892 »

I get that Managers need rounds covering but it cant be a two tier system. Posties with shitty rounds getting the bare minimum and those on toffy duties creaming it in.
Interested-seeker
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
Gender: Female

Overtime confusion

Post by Interested-seeker »

It is wrong.

When I do overtime, I get paid how long it takes me. Makes me furious to think that others might get more, but joke is on them because higher managers are watching us through the PDA actuals.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by number one »

Interested-seeker wrote:It is wrong.

When I do overtime, I get paid how long it takes me. Makes me furious to think that others might get more, but joke is on them because higher managers are watching us through the PDA actuals.
You are kidding yourself if you think things will change, they won’t.
dougfunny892
Posts: 91
Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by dougfunny892 »

They will definately change as you cant operate a corrupt system like this one. Im taking it further if i dont get any joy at my office.
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

Overtime confusion

Post by Janet Brum »

dougfunny892 wrote:Hi, my round has a lot of new builds on it and has not been sorted out it yet. Subsequently, I'm going an hour over my time. When I went to book it today a fellow postie came in to sign the sheet and told me he was getting paid till 5, 4 hours overtime. He said because he had done just short of 2 rounds. I don't know what he had done to achieve this but to me it is irrelevant. He finished at the same time as me and should be paid 1 hours overtime or I should be paid 4 hours. On a different subject, I thought they are using PDA actuals, the rural drivers were going out at 8am for a 1 o clock finish, 5 hours for a bread tray of mail?
When you claim OT for going over your time, it`s totally different from when your colleague negociates 4 hours OT for doing 30 mins work.
Your manager is desperate to get the mail out so he accepted to pay 4 hours OT, like it or not.
You can`t ask to be paid the same unless you tell your manager you will finish at your finishing time if he`s not paying you 4 hours instead of the hour you go over.

I don`t have blue eyes btw but you can`t do anything about it and your colleague got 4 hours because the system is corrupt as you say and no one else wanted to deliver that mail for less OT.
dougfunny892
Posts: 91
Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by dougfunny892 »

Who says i cant do anything about it? I can say its blatent discrimination and i will take it further.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by number one »

dougfunny892 wrote:Who says i cant do anything about it? I can say its blatent discrimination and i will take it further.
How long have you been a postie? You sound new, trust people when they say you can’t do anything about it.
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

Overtime confusion

Post by Janet Brum »

dougfunny892 wrote:Who says i cant do anything about it? I can say its blatent discrimination and i will take it further.
I totally understand your frustration and anger and I am on your side, I don`t like it either and I`ve been in your shoes.
Unfortunately, you won`t go anywhere as it`s not discrimination...