ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

holiday allowance issues

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
hollybags
Posts: 4
Joined: 31 May 2012, 23:17
Gender: Female

holiday allowance issues

Post by hollybags »

I work long days and short days and these change throughout the duty rotation. Now annual leave is changed to hours, on Bank Holidays you only get credited with the hours you were due to perform on that day. Over the course of the year with 8 B/H, these might all fall on your short days, whereas someone else in the same duty rotation might get all long days. So in my case this could mean variations between 36 hours and 56 hours off over the year, I don't see how this fair? If you are on annual leave when there is a bank holiday you are credited with either 4 hours or 7 hours depending if it fell on you long or short day.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

holiday allowance issues

Post by k979aaa »

Don't get the holidays you want go sick simple as are those that issue the leave you have requested do not do so for whatever reason!
My feet are on fire
Posts: 30
Joined: 28 Jan 2018, 19:35
Gender: Male

holiday allowance issues

Post by My feet are on fire »

I cannot get my head around this at all. I've a 24hr contract without set days. Legal minimum holiday including stat days is 5.6weeks correct?

My annual holiday entitlement sheets gets handed to me saying jm allocated 108hrs not 134.4hrs which is 5.6weeks. I am always put on a day off on BH so the remaining isnt taken by stat days can anyone enlighten me please.
world class male
Posts: 903
Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
Gender: Male

holiday allowance issues

Post by world class male »

My feet are on fire wrote:I cannot get my head around this at all. I've a 24hr contract without set days. Legal minimum holiday including stat days is 5.6weeks correct?

My annual holiday entitlement sheets gets handed to me saying jm allocated 108hrs not 134.4hrs which is 5.6weeks. I am always put on a day off on BH so the remaining isnt taken by stat days can anyone enlighten me please.
how many do you buy?
1 day is 4.5hrs to you, which is not far off 108 hours over the year
standard is 4 1/2 weeks ish, you sure you haven't also added the bank holidays worth of hours to make it 5.6 weeks?

my FT with me buying POAL up from my basic to 5 weeks is
38/5 = 7.6
5 weeks(25) x 7.6 = 190 hours, which is exactly what my sheet says plus 8 bank holidays
if any of my days off fall on a bank holiday they get credited back after the holiday as gone
and of course if i were to take 5 weeks leave with every one being a scheduled "weds or thurs" day off i wouldn't have enough hours
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

holiday allowance issues

Post by rogersh »

My feet are on fire wrote:I cannot get my head around this at all. I've a 24hr contract without set days. Legal minimum holiday including stat days is 5.6weeks correct?

My annual holiday entitlement sheets gets handed to me saying jm allocated 108hrs not 134.4hrs which is 5.6weeks. I am always put on a day off on BH so the remaining isnt taken by stat days can anyone enlighten me please.
24hrs x 4.5 weeks = 108 hrs
Bank holidays are included in the statutory minimum of 28.
Depending how many days you work relates to how many B/H you are entitled to receive. These hours will make up to or beyond the minimum.
e.g. if you work 3 days. on 24hr contract you would be entitled to 5 B/H days (40hrs) would give a total of 148hrs.
My feet are on fire
Posts: 30
Joined: 28 Jan 2018, 19:35
Gender: Male

holiday allowance issues

Post by My feet are on fire »

Thanks for the reply much appreciated