https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mar ... -Mail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Royal Mail has beefed up its top team by appointing Baroness Hogg as a non-executive director.
Hogg, who was the first woman to chair a FTSE 100 company, will join Royal Mail’s board on October 1.
She was economics editor at The Times and The Telegraph. She was chairman of 3i Group, and is a senior non-executive director at the Financial Conduct Authority.
Hogg, 73, was made a life peer in 1995. She is also Viscountess Hailsham through her marriage to former Tory MP Douglas Hogg, the 3rd Viscount Hailsham.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
ON THE BOARD: Baroness Hogg, 73, is appointed to the board of Royal Mail as the postal firm beefs up its top team
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
ON THE BOARD: Baroness Hogg, 73, is appointed to the board of Royal Mail as the postal firm beefs up its top team
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Bernardson
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 23:22
ON THE BOARD: Baroness Hogg, 73, is appointed to the board of Royal Mail as the postal firm beefs up its top team
It's not what you know but whom you know.
So much for social mobilisation!
So much for social mobilisation!
-
hero22
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
- Gender: Male
ON THE BOARD: Baroness Hogg, 73, is appointed to the board of Royal Mail as the postal firm beefs up its top team
For this story alone, the union should be calling an immediate nation wide strike. infuriating. 
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
-
minx
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 51
- Joined: 10 Feb 2009, 12:35
- Gender: Female
ON THE BOARD: Baroness Hogg, 73, is appointed to the board of Royal Mail as the postal firm beefs up its top team
How much has she taken out of our Company
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
ON THE BOARD: Baroness Hogg, 73, is appointed to the board of Royal Mail as the postal firm beefs up its top team
Some of the wording is amusing though.
I can't imagine a 73 year old Baroness bringing much beef to any table, metaphorical or otherwise and I'll just let the whole surname and possible mixed metaphors slide...
Anyway, I for one, will have an extra spring in my step out on delivery, knowing that there's a female septegenarian beefing things up at the top table. Well done, Royal Mail. It's strategic recruitment like this that'll motivate us all in our shared drive to smash our competitors into the ground whilst also lining the pockets of the Baronesses' tweed pantaloons.
Huzzah!
I can't imagine a 73 year old Baroness bringing much beef to any table, metaphorical or otherwise and I'll just let the whole surname and possible mixed metaphors slide...
Anyway, I for one, will have an extra spring in my step out on delivery, knowing that there's a female septegenarian beefing things up at the top table. Well done, Royal Mail. It's strategic recruitment like this that'll motivate us all in our shared drive to smash our competitors into the ground whilst also lining the pockets of the Baronesses' tweed pantaloons.
Huzzah!
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
ON THE BOARD: Baroness Hogg, 73, is appointed to the board of Royal Mail as the postal firm beefs up its top team
My god with talk like that some on here will have you hung drawn an quartered before dawn.crimson king wrote:Some of the wording is amusing though.
I can't imagine a 73 year old Baroness bringing much beef to any table, metaphorical or otherwise and I'll just let the whole surname and possible mixed metaphors slide...
Anyway, I for one, will have an extra spring in my step out on delivery, knowing that there's a female septegenarian beefing things up at the top table. Well done, Royal Mail. It's strategic recruitment like this that'll motivate us all in our shared drive to smash our competitors into the ground whilst also lining the pockets of the Baronesses' tweed pantaloons.
Huzzah!
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
ON THE BOARD: Baroness Hogg, 73, is appointed to the board of Royal Mail as the postal firm beefs up its top team
k979aaa wrote:My god with talk like that some on here will have you hung drawn an quartered before dawn.crimson king wrote:Some of the wording is amusing though.
I can't imagine a 73 year old Baroness bringing much beef to any table, metaphorical or otherwise and I'll just let the whole surname and possible mixed metaphors slide...
Anyway, I for one, will have an extra spring in my step out on delivery, knowing that there's a female septegenarian beefing things up at the top table. Well done, Royal Mail. It's strategic recruitment like this that'll motivate us all in our shared drive to smash our competitors into the ground whilst also lining the pockets of the Baronesses' tweed pantaloons.
Huzzah!![]()
![]()
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.