I wouldn't usually have spare time on a Thursday and Friday but I sometimes have some paid duty time left on Saturdays. When I do this it is largely in my own time while the office is still open. My walk and another walk in our DO are known to be too long purely based on how the RM computer walk design program made our walks up. The more we do for RM they more they demand.yellowbelly wrote:And yet many times in your posts you state you/your office don't get paid overtime/have to work for free, yet the DOM is prepping your D2D's and you haveCelgar wrote:To be honest depending how many sets of D2Ds we get there isn't necessarily enough paid time to prep them. Sometimes I will have some time left over on the preceding Saturday to get them done. Sometimes I will sort some into sets on the preceding Thursday or Friday but they haven't always arrived by then. On odd occasions the DOM will prep some for me as they know my walk is too long but there is no way to fix it.eastie wrote:How do you get them all prepped on a Monday??Celgar wrote: On my walk I usually get all the D2D prepped for being delivered on Monday or the first working day of the week . Therefore the cover posties only have to prep any D2D on my walk when I have a Monday as a day off or if I am on AL.
How is their time to do that??
Before RM invented the absorption we time to do these tasks and other 'housekeeping' type stuff but those days are gone now.
spare time on a Thu/Fri (??!!) to prep D2D sets and time spare on a Saturday? There is a way to fix it and it's commonly called 'cutting off'.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
d2d day off cover responsibility
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
d2d day off cover responsibility
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
bmccoll
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
- Gender: Male
d2d day off cover responsibility
If the d2ds are not prepped, for whatever reason, for the particular column for the day I'm off then I don't touch them. Not my problem, it is a management issue and if they don't pick up on it on the day then they should answer for it. They are paid for these responsibilities.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
d2d day off cover responsibility
Question. If you worked in Tesco, would you stay behind, in your own time, stacking tomorrow's tins of peas?Celgar wrote:I wouldn't usually have spare time on a Thursday and Friday but I sometimes have some paid duty time left on Saturdays. When I do this it is largely in my own time while the office is still open. My walk and another walk in our DO are known to be too long purely based on how the RM computer walk design program made our walks up. The more we do for RM they more they demand.yellowbelly wrote:And yet many times in your posts you state you/your office don't get paid overtime/have to work for free, yet the DOM is prepping your D2D's and you haveCelgar wrote:To be honest depending how many sets of D2Ds we get there isn't necessarily enough paid time to prep them. Sometimes I will have some time left over on the preceding Saturday to get them done. Sometimes I will sort some into sets on the preceding Thursday or Friday but they haven't always arrived by then. On odd occasions the DOM will prep some for me as they know my walk is too long but there is no way to fix it.eastie wrote:How do you get them all prepped on a Monday??Celgar wrote: On my walk I usually get all the D2D prepped for being delivered on Monday or the first working day of the week . Therefore the cover posties only have to prep any D2D on my walk when I have a Monday as a day off or if I am on AL.
How is their time to do that??
Before RM invented the absorption we time to do these tasks and other 'housekeeping' type stuff but those days are gone now.
spare time on a Thu/Fri (??!!) to prep D2D sets and time spare on a Saturday? There is a way to fix it and it's commonly called 'cutting off'.
-
DGH
- Posts: 710
- Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
- Gender: Male
- Location: Neither here nor there
d2d day off cover responsibility
I'd be careful about doing that. It is wilfully disrupting operations (because that is work that has been done and now must be done again) and a manager could justifiably conduct code you for it.eastie wrote:Dont bother. Just pull all the undelivered D2Ds out of the frame not taken the day before and plonk them on the DOMs desk with a note
Undelivered from Yesterday
Better to raise the question of how the undelivered door-to-doors that are in the frame should be dealt with with your line manager.
-
compostcorner
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 31 May 2011, 15:14
- Gender: Male
d2d day off cover responsibility
my method of choice is to prep them all and deliver them on a monday, but only if there are four sets, if its 5 or 6 sets then i split them in to 2 days, either way its all done and dusted by tuesday, i do come in early to prep them, but that is my choice, i have a rolling day off so when its monday my cover man will prep them but only take where he his going, so when i come in on tuesday i will just move the ones he has left over to my bit. they all get delivered on monday and tuesday with none being returned to the managers office
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
d2d day off cover responsibility
No I wouldn't. But this job is different to pretty much every other job.greengiant wrote:Question. If you worked in Tesco, would you stay behind, in your own time, stacking tomorrow's tins of peas?Celgar wrote:I wouldn't usually have spare time on a Thursday and Friday but I sometimes have some paid duty time left on Saturdays. When I do this it is largely in my own time while the office is still open. My walk and another walk in our DO are known to be too long purely based on how the RM computer walk design program made our walks up. The more we do for RM they more they demand.yellowbelly wrote:And yet many times in your posts you state you/your office don't get paid overtime/have to work for free, yet the DOM is prepping your D2D's and you haveCelgar wrote:To be honest depending how many sets of D2Ds we get there isn't necessarily enough paid time to prep them. Sometimes I will have some time left over on the preceding Saturday to get them done. Sometimes I will sort some into sets on the preceding Thursday or Friday but they haven't always arrived by then. On odd occasions the DOM will prep some for me as they know my walk is too long but there is no way to fix it.eastie wrote:How do you get them all prepped on a Monday??Celgar wrote: On my walk I usually get all the D2D prepped for being delivered on Monday or the first working day of the week . Therefore the cover posties only have to prep any D2D on my walk when I have a Monday as a day off or if I am on AL.
How is their time to do that??
Before RM invented the absorption we time to do these tasks and other 'housekeeping' type stuff but those days are gone now.
spare time on a Thu/Fri (??!!) to prep D2D sets and time spare on a Saturday? There is a way to fix it and it's commonly called 'cutting off'.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
d2d day off cover responsibility
No, it's the same in that you have a start time, and a finish time, or you get paid for any overtime. Would you be willing to hand say £10 from your wallet to you DOM? As effectively thats what you are doing by working overtime unpaid..Celgar wrote:No I wouldn't. But this job is different to pretty much every other job.greengiant wrote:Question. If you worked in Tesco, would you stay behind, in your own time, stacking tomorrow's tins of peas?Celgar wrote:I wouldn't usually have spare time on a Thursday and Friday but I sometimes have some paid duty time left on Saturdays. When I do this it is largely in my own time while the office is still open. My walk and another walk in our DO are known to be too long purely based on how the RM computer walk design program made our walks up. The more we do for RM they more they demand.yellowbelly wrote:And yet many times in your posts you state you/your office don't get paid overtime/have to work for free, yet the DOM is prepping your D2D's and you haveCelgar wrote:To be honest depending how many sets of D2Ds we get there isn't necessarily enough paid time to prep them. Sometimes I will have some time left over on the preceding Saturday to get them done. Sometimes I will sort some into sets on the preceding Thursday or Friday but they haven't always arrived by then. On odd occasions the DOM will prep some for me as they know my walk is too long but there is no way to fix it.eastie wrote:How do you get them all prepped on a Monday??Celgar wrote: On my walk I usually get all the D2D prepped for being delivered on Monday or the first working day of the week . Therefore the cover posties only have to prep any D2D on my walk when I have a Monday as a day off or if I am on AL.
How is their time to do that??
Before RM invented the absorption we time to do these tasks and other 'housekeeping' type stuff but those days are gone now.
spare time on a Thu/Fri (??!!) to prep D2D sets and time spare on a Saturday? There is a way to fix it and it's commonly called 'cutting off'.
As you said yourself the more you do for RM, the more they demand. So why work unpaid for them?
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
d2d day off cover responsibility
So how does that work exactly?compostcorner wrote: so when i come in on tuesday i will just move the ones he has left over to my bit.
-
2Shedz
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 28 Dec 2017, 08:45
- Gender: Male
d2d day off cover responsibility
We have had enough.So the rest of us chuck the ones the day cover doesn't do into the
blue boxes and leave then in the entrance for the office.
Smiffy
blue boxes and leave then in the entrance for the office.
Smiffy
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
d2d day off cover responsibility
2Shedz wrote:Hi All
I was under the impression the day off cover was required to do 20% of your Door2 Doors
Is this correct?
if not what are they required to do?
Many thanks for any info
Smiffy
Generally its 20% or 1/5th. I've seen some guys put all their D2Ds in on a Monday and then expect the day off cover to just take them where they are going. I would suggest just take 20% of them where you are going. If the D2Ds are not prepped for the day then obviously prepping and sorting them is going to take time which factors into your time for the day and what you are able to complete. Whatever you do, don't just leave them as its live mail and classed as wilful delay.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
2Shedz
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 28 Dec 2017, 08:45
- Gender: Male
d2d day off cover responsibility
So if the day off cover leaves them then that's wilful delay as well?
Smiffy
Smiffy
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
d2d day off cover responsibility
not quite unless they do it on a Saturday and skip doing that days allocation thus RM breaking the contract with the customer, there certainly could be potential there for wilful delay, but ive never heard of it being treated that harshly.2Shedz wrote:So if the day off cover leaves them then that's wilful delay as well?
Smiffy
If the cover leaves their allocation on another day then it is grounds for conduct code, but prob not as serious as "wilful delay" unless they repeatedly do it.
Most line managers really dont care who and when the d2ds get done, so long as they are done. Its up to the individuals to complain if cover posties are leaving their share.
-
compostcorner
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 31 May 2011, 15:14
- Gender: Male
d2d day off cover responsibility
so first of all i never get enough d2ds for every delivery point, i"m usually about 30 short, so when i get in on tuesday i will prep all the items that are left, but i know i will be a few short, so i look at mondays section and see there are some left in the frame that he couldnt be bothered to take out, and i just move them over to my section where i was a few short.Bahia Feliz wrote:So how does that work exactly?compostcorner wrote: so when i come in on tuesday i will just move the ones he has left over to my bit.
-
2Shedz
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 28 Dec 2017, 08:45
- Gender: Male
d2d day off cover responsibility
Thanks all
Ive been told by the cwu rep that the day off cover must do all of the delivery points
Waiting for EVR or if I don't get it im off.After 35 years I've had enough.
After 1 month off sick because Mum had a stroke and was in hospital and then died after 12 days
And I came back to work after the funeral.
And the manager said(although he said he thought it was unfair)HR said
if you swap your sickness time off with your annual leave we will not put you on Stage one for going sick
I said tell HR to put me one stage one and see if I give a s**t.
If that's the thanks I get for working for RM for 35 years then stuff it.I'm off
Smiffy
Ive been told by the cwu rep that the day off cover must do all of the delivery points
Waiting for EVR or if I don't get it im off.After 35 years I've had enough.
After 1 month off sick because Mum had a stroke and was in hospital and then died after 12 days
And I came back to work after the funeral.
And the manager said(although he said he thought it was unfair)HR said
if you swap your sickness time off with your annual leave we will not put you on Stage one for going sick
I said tell HR to put me one stage one and see if I give a s**t.
If that's the thanks I get for working for RM for 35 years then stuff it.I'm off
Smiffy
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
d2d day off cover responsibility
HR probably didn't give a f**k if you were off sick or on holiday, the screws probably did and thought they'd see what they could get away with. Take a Stage One and give no f***s, you'll be clear of stages if youre not off again for 6 months.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"