ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
-
Mick100
- Posts: 275
- Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 10:00
- Gender: Male
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
20 years in the job seems to be getting worse by the day when I'm on the move I'm ok but once I sit down in the evening I walk like a cripple 55 now and feel burnt out can I do another 12 years I just can't see it when I first started 20 years ago absolutely loved the job now it's just making me miserable
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2041
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
Dump the Royal Mail footwear & get something decent on you feet, thank me later 
-
lisag42
- Posts: 55
- Joined: 05 Apr 2019, 13:23
- Gender: Male
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
Do you not get a telling off for that?mattycash wrote:Dump the Royal Mail footwear & get something decent on you feet, thank me later
I’m dreading the footwear after the dreadful ones in my last job
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
You'll need a doctors note to say royal mail footwear are not suitable for your feet. (I don't think they're suitable for anybody's feet to walk 60miles a week in). Look after your feet and your shins, knees, hips and back will thank you in later life.lisag42 wrote:Do you not get a telling off for that?mattycash wrote:Dump the Royal Mail footwear & get something decent on you feet, thank me later
I’m dreading the footwear after the dreadful ones in my last job
-
FAB
- Posts: 234
- Joined: 06 May 2017, 22:57
- Gender: Male
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
After 30 years I can honestly say it does not get easier! Just more knackering and painful. Can't remember when I was last truly full of energy . Think it was 1988! 
-
itinerant
- Posts: 156
- Joined: 16 Sep 2017, 17:54
- Gender: Male
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
mattycash and rambo are spot on.rambo1 wrote:You'll need a doctors note to say royal mail footwear are not suitable for your feet. (I don't think they're suitable for anybody's feet to walk 60miles a week in). Look after your feet and your shins, knees, hips and back will thank you in later life.lisag42 wrote:Do you not get a telling off for that?mattycash wrote:Dump the Royal Mail footwear & get something decent on you feet, thank me later
I’m dreading the footwear after the dreadful ones in my last job
I can recommend these https://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-s ... e=18301303
I was suffering a lot with RM footwear. I got a doctors note and bought a pair of the above and now have no problem at all. I was worried they were too cheap but they have held up well after 4 months and showing no real sign of wear yet.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
If I am still alive at 60 I will retire then no matter what the retirement ages are then and maybe get a part time job elsewhere to top up. I'm not entirely sure I will make it to 60 though for various reasons. The general stats for posties surviving much beyond current retirement ages are not that good.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
I dont even think you need the dr note anymorerambo1 wrote: You'll need a doctors note to say royal mail footwear are not suitable for your feet. (I don't think they're suitable for anybody's feet to walk 60miles a week in). Look after your feet and your shins, knees, hips and back will thank you in later life.
-
lisag42
- Posts: 55
- Joined: 05 Apr 2019, 13:23
- Gender: Male
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
They are similar to the ones a I wear outside of work, really comfortable. Will see what the company offering is like, then if they are no good get a Dr note. Flat feet and bad shoes is not a great combo!itinerant wrote:mattycash and rambo are spot on.rambo1 wrote:You'll need a doctors note to say royal mail footwear are not suitable for your feet. (I don't think they're suitable for anybody's feet to walk 60miles a week in). Look after your feet and your shins, knees, hips and back will thank you in later life.lisag42 wrote:Do you not get a telling off for that?mattycash wrote:Dump the Royal Mail footwear & get something decent on you feet, thank me later
I’m dreading the footwear after the dreadful ones in my last job
I can recommend these https://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-s ... e=18301303
I was suffering a lot with RM footwear. I got a doctors note and bought a pair of the above and now have no problem at all. I was worried they were too cheap but they have held up well after 4 months and showing no real sign of wear yet.
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
Saaaayy Whaaaatttt!Celgar wrote:If I am still alive at 60 I will retire then no matter what the retirement ages are then and maybe get a part time job elsewhere to top up. I'm not entirely sure I will make it to 60 though for various reasons. The general stats for posties surviving much beyond current retirement ages are not that good.
Posties head to an early grave?
No point in paying into a pension then.
-
Cme12
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 30 Mar 2019, 19:31
- Gender: Female
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
Week 6 for me and a few little aches but nothing major, i felt so tired the first few weeks but now i am fine. Wore the royal mail shoes once though and they werent comfy so switched to own trainers.
-
bardeh
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 01 Feb 2019, 23:04
- Gender: Male
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
A big thing aswell, especially now that the weather is getting hotter, is staying hydrated. The days where I don't drink enough water I am absolutely exhausted by the end of the day, whereas if I remember to take enough water with me (two large bottles) I'm much better. The only issue with that is finding somewhere to take a pee halfway through the walk, though...
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 298
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
atleast its getting into the hotter weather now. its so much easier in near 80 degree's heat...Wendy1962 wrote:Into my 2nd week , the respect of have for Posties is sky high I never realized how hard the job is ... I’m a runner so relatively fit .. But after averaging 10miles + a day I’m coming home shattered and aching...
My question is ... does it get easier, or is the tiredness , aching etc permanent and won’t change ( if it doesn’t I would possibly re think my choice of career )
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
You've done well to get to 55, I'm only 44 and have just the same symptoms, not too bad when I'm on the move, but once I get home and sit down for 10 minutes then try to stand up again it's like my knees and ankles have turned to solid stone!Mick100 wrote:20 years in the job seems to be getting worse by the day when I'm on the move I'm ok but once I sit down in the evening I walk like a cripple 55 now and feel burnt out can I do another 12 years I just can't see it when I first started 20 years ago absolutely loved the job now it's just making me miserable
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16711
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Soo tired ... Does it get easier???
You need to stretch before you go out on delivery and again when you finish.
Warm up and warm down - just like you would with any other physical activity.
Warm up and warm down - just like you would with any other physical activity.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.