58 in a few months - there's no way I'm continuing in this job until 67.clashcityrocker wrote:Anyone who is currently 55 will have a retirement age of 67, So 12 years still to work.leolion855 wrote:of the 3 offices ive worked in id say 60% of the posties are over 55 so i guess within five yrs time they like to retire especially with a nice vr payment..
I wouldn't get excited about a "nice vr payment" either.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
so 2nd delivery reintroduced!
-
JKSmudge
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 13:39
- Gender: Male
so 2nd delivery reintroduced!
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
so 2nd delivery reintroduced!
and what have ye to say now the announcement is announced mr martin dingo?Martin Walsh wrote:Martin Walsh is or was Dingo and is a London Divisional Rep .
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16711
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
so 2nd delivery reintroduced!
Try reading this thread:leolion855 wrote:and what have ye to say now the announcement is announced mr martin dingo?Martin Walsh wrote:Martin Walsh is or was Dingo and is a London Divisional Rep .
London's Divisional Response to Capital Markets Day statement
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
so 2nd delivery reintroduced!
So is this bad news?Martin Walsh wrote:Martin Walsh is or was Dingo and is a London Divisional Rep .
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
so 2nd delivery reintroduced!
I’m with you on that one my friend,am approaching 58 in August, done 37 years,love my rural round to bits but boy am suffering with aches and pains physically,and mentally with the let’s see how quick we can do it club,and the manager we never see ,and all that goes on and what people get away with,I love the crack and workplace banter the same as anyone,but please don’t take the mik!,JKSmudge wrote:58 in a few months - there's no way I'm continuing in this job until 67.clashcityrocker wrote:Anyone who is currently 55 will have a retirement age of 67, So 12 years still to work.leolion855 wrote:of the 3 offices ive worked in id say 60% of the posties are over 55 so i guess within five yrs time they like to retire especially with a nice vr payment..
I wouldn't get excited about a "nice vr payment" either.
-
itinerant
- Posts: 156
- Joined: 16 Sep 2017, 17:54
- Gender: Male
so 2nd delivery reintroduced!
One thing I don't understand is, putting aside whether or not we want it to happen, why would it take 4 years to implement the 2nd delivery for larger packets proposal (Colleague Update says to be fully operational by 2023)? Seems very slow rate of change to me.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
so 2nd delivery reintroduced!
itinerant wrote:One thing I don't understand is, putting aside whether or not we want it to happen, why would it take 4 years to implement the 2nd delivery for larger packets proposal (Colleague Update says to be fully operational by 2023)? Seems very slow rate of change to me.
With RM that's almost lightning fast, there are still offices that have not yet fully gone to CDVs. How do I know, Huddersfield is one of them
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
so 2nd delivery reintroduced!
um CDV?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
so 2nd delivery reintroduced!
2 in a Van, Car Derived Vans, paired deliveries ........
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
itinerant
- Posts: 156
- Joined: 16 Sep 2017, 17:54
- Gender: Male
so 2nd delivery reintroduced!
we don't have that in our office either. i assumed it was because the vast majority of our duties are rural so it would not make sense to van share.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:2 in a Van, Car Derived Vans, paired deliveries ........
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
so 2nd delivery reintroduced!
at least they didn't announce we are all to deliver by riding a bike tuk tuk.
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
so 2nd delivery reintroduced!
Presumably there would be a revision and a full office re-sign.greengiant wrote:So what happens to the postie who's walk is the one chosen to collapse. Are they made redundant, or are they forced to change duty hours to deliver the parcels for the five walks laterp afternoon / evening?Celgar wrote:It is not a second delivery or at least not as long standing posties remember the second delivery to once be. One in six walks will be collapsed and that work divided by the remaining five. The time it will take to deliver this additional work will likely be more than any time savings you will make from delivering a number of large parcels to addresses you will deliver to anyway. I think RM want to cover the shortfall in time needed to complete duties by introducing additional automation in MCs so each walk gets all their packets and small parcels sorted into Yorks. Even so I still don't think the time will match to the work.
The last we heard from the CWU was that if RM announced this proposal as going ahead then the union would immediately ballot for a national strike.
I would assume VR's would be required.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
so 2nd delivery reintroduced!
Once more we're all talking from a Personal point of view (and experience) which is understandable. We don't have the LAT business at present. Which doesn't really make sense as the guys that were delivering those afternoon tracked items had to come from a DO miles away.
I personally wouldn't be too affected by the removal of Large Packets as the vast majority of mine are shoe box and smaller. I can't see me making up as much time as RM would like.
I thought it would revert to the system we used to use on bikes. We'd throw out the oversize parcels and they'd be delivered by a couple of the guys who wanted the OT.
Unless we get the LAT duties I can see us using that system again. After all the OT rate is so crap it'll probably have no effect on RMs falling profits. 
I thought it would revert to the system we used to use on bikes. We'd throw out the oversize parcels and they'd be delivered by a couple of the guys who wanted the OT.
Last edited by Dorset Plodder on 23 May 2019, 20:21, edited 1 time in total.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
mightymetro
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 13 Oct 2011, 08:02
- Gender: Male
so 2nd delivery reintroduced!
I was at a union meeting yesterday and the Emergency Motion brought in by the union states that there must be a national workplace revision , every single office must work to the same template regarding these revisions
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16711
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
so 2nd delivery reintroduced!
The large packets won'r even come into your office.Dorset Plodder wrote:
I thought it would revert to the system we used to use on bikes. We'd throw out the oversize parcels and they'd be delivered by a couple of the guys who wanted the OT.Unless we get the LAT duties I can see us using that system again. After all the OT rate is so crap it'll probably have no effect on RMs falling profits.
They go from the new parcel hub to the LAT unit.
Your office will save time from having no large packets to sort in the morning.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.