Trail wrote:The only time our office managers used PDA data is if a parcel/packet went missing.
It happened to me once. I was as clean as a whistle. The parcel turned up.
Everyone in our office knew I was the quickest thing on two legs and would 95% of the time finish well ahead of time, they never needed to check my PDA for anything else other than parcels gone astray. There wasn't anyone in our office who was quicker than me, and I was bounced from duty to duty to duty so familiarity with the route wasn't an issue. I still beat the c*nt out of everyone in our office (Doncaster).
And I listen to people on here moaning about fatigue or fitness. Get out of those CAT or Magnum shoes, get a decent pair of Nike Revolution 3 trainers on you and just go for it. I wouldn't touch any Royal Mail shoes at all. Would you expect Usain Bolt to run around in CAT boots? No, you wouldn't, so why expect people doing a half-marathon every day to do the same? As soon as I realised this I was knocking shitloads of time off of every bag I delivered.
lol r u proud of urself ? whats the point of knocking shitloads of time off every bag ?
norris9 wrote:If they are looking at PDA actuals to decide if our walks are fair or not, then surely that is a good thing...
I think on average I finish on time....but have no time for a break. So based on PDA actuals they should cut a loop out so I can fit in a break.
I understand what you are saying and am somewhat guilty of the same thing. When we do things like coming in early or not take part or all of our breaks then we are covering up a problem in RM. We need to test the job to destruction and if there isn't enough time to complete the duty on a regular basis then this needs to be chased up and fixed.
To be honest - I don't know why this 'take your break, work to time' is repeated over and over again on here....I mean I get it....
But it's not that easy to calculate exactly how long a round is going to take you. How the heck can you calculate accurately that you can fit in a break of 20 minutes and that you will leave the depot to go home more or less on your time? Based on the way that the company works - the only way you can accurately do this is if you are lucky enough to have an easy round and can pace yourself.
norris9 wrote:If they are looking at PDA actuals to decide if our walks are fair or not, then surely that is a good thing...
I think on average I finish on time....but have no time for a break. So based on PDA actuals they should cut a loop out so I can fit in a break.
I understand what you are saying and am somewhat guilty of the same thing. When we do things like coming in early or not take part or all of our breaks then we are covering up a problem in RM. We need to test the job to destruction and if there isn't enough time to complete the duty on a regular basis then this needs to be chased up and fixed.
To be honest - I don't know why this 'take your break, work to time' is repeated over and over again on here....I mean I get it....
But it's not that easy to calculate exactly how long a round is going to take you. How the heck can you calculate accurately that you can fit in a break of 20 minutes and that you will leave the depot to go home more or less on your time? Based on the way that the company works - the only way you can accurately do this is if you are lucky enough to have an easy round and can pace yourself.
The idea is to do the job as RM and the union proscribes even though you know this is likely to take you over your time. Then if you end up going over routinely or every day then you chase it up, get it checked by the DOM and politely demand that changes are made to the walk design.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Trail wrote:The only time our office managers used PDA data is if a parcel/packet went missing.
It happened to me once. I was as clean as a whistle. The parcel turned up.
Everyone in our office knew I was the quickest thing on two legs and would 95% of the time finish well ahead of time, they never needed to check my PDA for anything else other than parcels gone astray. There wasn't anyone in our office who was quicker than me, and I was bounced from duty to duty to duty so familiarity with the route wasn't an issue. I still beat the c*nt out of everyone in our office (Doncaster).
And I listen to people on here moaning about fatigue or fitness. Get out of those CAT or Magnum shoes, get a decent pair of Nike Revolution 3 trainers on you and just go for it. I wouldn't touch any Royal Mail shoes at all. Would you expect Usain Bolt to run around in CAT boots? No, you wouldn't, so why expect people doing a half-marathon every day to do the same? As soon as I realised this I was knocking shitloads of time off of every bag I delivered.
well done , can I ask do you do the job right ?
Of course. I just don't f*ck around like a lot of people do.
Trail wrote:The only time our office managers used PDA data is if a parcel/packet went missing.
It happened to me once. I was as clean as a whistle. The parcel turned up.
Everyone in our office knew I was the quickest thing on two legs and would 95% of the time finish well ahead of time, they never needed to check my PDA for anything else other than parcels gone astray. There wasn't anyone in our office who was quicker than me, and I was bounced from duty to duty to duty so familiarity with the route wasn't an issue. I still beat the c*nt out of everyone in our office (Doncaster).
And I listen to people on here moaning about fatigue or fitness. Get out of those CAT or Magnum shoes, get a decent pair of Nike Revolution 3 trainers on you and just go for it. I wouldn't touch any Royal Mail shoes at all. Would you expect Usain Bolt to run around in CAT boots? No, you wouldn't, so why expect people doing a half-marathon every day to do the same? As soon as I realised this I was knocking shitloads of time off of every bag I delivered.
lol r u proud of urself ? whats the point of knocking shitloads of time off every bag ?
Trail wrote:The only time our office managers used PDA data is if a parcel/packet went missing.
It happened to me once. I was as clean as a whistle. The parcel turned up.
Everyone in our office knew I was the quickest thing on two legs and would 95% of the time finish well ahead of time, they never needed to check my PDA for anything else other than parcels gone astray. There wasn't anyone in our office who was quicker than me, and I was bounced from duty to duty to duty so familiarity with the route wasn't an issue. I still beat the c*nt out of everyone in our office (Doncaster).
And I listen to people on here moaning about fatigue or fitness. Get out of those CAT or Magnum shoes, get a decent pair of Nike Revolution 3 trainers on you and just go for it. I wouldn't touch any Royal Mail shoes at all. Would you expect Usain Bolt to run around in CAT boots? No, you wouldn't, so why expect people doing a half-marathon every day to do the same? As soon as I realised this I was knocking shitloads of time off of every bag I delivered.
Trail wrote:The only time our office managers used PDA data is if a parcel/packet went missing.
It happened to me once. I was as clean as a whistle. The parcel turned up.
Everyone in our office knew I was the quickest thing on two legs and would 95% of the time finish well ahead of time, they never needed to check my PDA for anything else other than parcels gone astray. There wasn't anyone in our office who was quicker than me, and I was bounced from duty to duty to duty so familiarity with the route wasn't an issue. I still beat the c*nt out of everyone in our office (Doncaster).
And I listen to people on here moaning about fatigue or fitness. Get out of those CAT or Magnum shoes, get a decent pair of Nike Revolution 3 trainers on you and just go for it. I wouldn't touch any Royal Mail shoes at all. Would you expect Usain Bolt to run around in CAT boots? No, you wouldn't, so why expect people doing a half-marathon every day to do the same? As soon as I realised this I was knocking shitloads of time off of every bag I delivered.
Fool comes to mind an thats being nice
Your reasoning being?
Finishing well early everyday gives the the DOm scope to either remove hours from the office and/or add more delivery points to a walk
norris9 wrote:If they are looking at PDA actuals to decide if our walks are fair or not, then surely that is a good thing...
I think on average I finish on time....but have no time for a break. So based on PDA actuals they should cut a loop out so I can fit in a break.
I understand what you are saying and am somewhat guilty of the same thing. When we do things like coming in early or not take part or all of our breaks then we are covering up a problem in RM. We need to test the job to destruction and if there isn't enough time to complete the duty on a regular basis then this needs to be chased up and fixed.
That does sound a bit of a common sense approach my friend,I salute you,I hate the words fast,quick,speed,and finish early in any debate on here and us all at each other’s throats on what can be done in what time,blah blah,and see what goes on and you shake your head and wonder why we’re in this mess
norris9 wrote:If they are looking at PDA actuals to decide if our walks are fair or not, then surely that is a good thing...
I think on average I finish on time....but have no time for a break. So based on PDA actuals they should cut a loop out so I can fit in a break.
I've never been on a walk where a break has been taken.
If you finish on time but have no time for a break, you're not really finishing on time are you? You're finishing 40 mins late. That's 3 hrs pay you're saving royal mail. Thanks mate, that should boost our profits and help the sp to rise to make me money on my shares. Keep up the good work.
norris9 wrote:If they are looking at PDA actuals to decide if our walks are fair or not, then surely that is a good thing...
I think on average I finish on time....but have no time for a break. So based on PDA actuals they should cut a loop out so I can fit in a break.
I've never been on a walk where a break has been taken.
If you finish on time but have no time for a break, you're not really finishing on time are you? You're finishing 40 mins late. That's 3 hrs pay you're saving royal mail. Thanks mate, that should boost our profits and help the sp to rise to make me money on my shares. Keep up the good work.
Not sure it works out as 40mins, not for me anyway....
Can I ask how you manage to finish on or before your contracted hours, and take time to take your full break?
I assume you either have been given a nice, easy to complete round, or you have stood up for yourself and managed to get a chunk of your walk taken off, or you are very very good at knowing what you can get done and know how much post to leave behind on busy days.
norris9 wrote:If they are looking at PDA actuals to decide if our walks are fair or not, then surely that is a good thing...
I think on average I finish on time....but have no time for a break. So based on PDA actuals they should cut a loop out so I can fit in a break.
But there's the possibility they won't look at the PDA actuals in detail enough to see if you took a break, they might just look for an
out the door time and an in the door time or logoff time - and assume that you've taken your designated break. So as another
poster has said, if you're on time they'll be happy as larry and you'll be 'back on time' but without any breaks. Take your breaks......
Trail wrote:The only time our office managers used PDA data is if a parcel/packet went missing.
It happened to me once. I was as clean as a whistle. The parcel turned up.
Everyone in our office knew I was the quickest thing on two legs and would 95% of the time finish well ahead of time, they never needed to check my PDA for anything else other than parcels gone astray. There wasn't anyone in our office who was quicker than me, and I was bounced from duty to duty to duty so familiarity with the route wasn't an issue. I still beat the c*nt out of everyone in our office (Doncaster).
And I listen to people on here moaning about fatigue or fitness. Get out of those CAT or Magnum shoes, get a decent pair of Nike Revolution 3 trainers on you and just go for it. I wouldn't touch any Royal Mail shoes at all. Would you expect Usain Bolt to run around in CAT boots? No, you wouldn't, so why expect people doing a half-marathon every day to do the same? As soon as I realised this I was knocking shitloads of time off of every bag I delivered.
norris9 wrote:If they are looking at PDA actuals to decide if our walks are fair or not, then surely that is a good thing...
I think on average I finish on time....but have no time for a break. So based on PDA actuals they should cut a loop out so I can fit in a break.
I understand what you are saying and am somewhat guilty of the same thing. When we do things like coming in early or not take part or all of our breaks then we are covering up a problem in RM. We need to test the job to destruction and if there isn't enough time to complete the duty on a regular basis then this needs to be chased up and fixed.
To be honest - I don't know why this 'take your break, work to time' is repeated over and over again on here....I mean I get it....
But it's not that easy to calculate exactly how long a round is going to take you. How the heck can you calculate accurately that you can fit in a break of 20 minutes and that you will leave the depot to go home more or less on your time? Based on the way that the company works - the only way you can accurately do this is if you are lucky enough to have an easy round and can pace yourself.
You have a start time and finish time. Cut off or do docket. But ffs take your breaks. Many a good person has hit the streets in the past to get these terms and conditions so TAKE YOUR BREAK and let the management worry about the workload. I mean it's their job.....