One can only assume you are a troll of the highest order because we don't lose 100% of the mail and if we lose mail the Royal Mail compensate for it by Lose you mean steal it don't you just say it!norris9 wrote:I guess they make up for it by the amount of stamped post that is lost and needs to be resent by the customer.Celgar wrote:You have vastly underestimated how many pounds worth of stamps are not cancelled given the current cost of first class stamps and the large size stamp which is used more often nowadays. Quite often people put way too much postage on items to make sure they get delivered. I would go with a base figure of £10 per DAY per walk as an absolute minimum. I don't understand why the sorting machines cannot cancel more of the stamps. We are asked to draw a line through the uncanceled stamps by the DOMs but there isn't really any time to spare nowadays in the job.norris9 wrote:A small thing in relation to the whole business, but I do wonder how many letters/parcels get delivered each year with unmarked and therefore reusable stamps.
Although I don't get much stamped mail delivered to my house, I do often get unmarked stamps which is a bonus, buy something off ebay and get a free stamp....nice!
Now as a postman - I have realised there's probably on average £10 worth of stamp value that I have to cross out each week. If this is the average across the UK then x by how many postmen there are.....I wonder what that equates to and how many stamps aren't crossed out by Postie's. I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the £millions.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Big Announcement next week
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Big Announcement next week
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Big Announcement next week
When I first joined RM over twenty years ago I went for the training session where everyone has a job to stay awake and they reel off all kinds of stats etc. I think at the time they give you a massive figure for how many items of mail are supposedly lost every year. I'm not sure I believed the figures then and we all know now how RM lie through their teeth at every opportunity nowadays. The trouble is in a lot of cases, certainly before the PDAs, RM do not question claims and pay out compensation when it should not do so. I would suggest some of the time when a sender says they have posted something that they haven't always done it. Also on the 2D payment labels it isn't unusual to see multiple of the same number where, intentionally or not, sender's are avoiding postage costs. So these kind of stats cannot be blindly trusted.
On the issue of theft there are dodgy people in every walk of life but I doubt there is a big problem with it in RM. These people leave a trail and I expect most are caught eventually.
On the issue of theft there are dodgy people in every walk of life but I doubt there is a big problem with it in RM. These people leave a trail and I expect most are caught eventually.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Big Announcement next week
What are you even saying? I can only assume you are trolling.k979aaa wrote:One can only assume you are a troll of the highest order because we don't lose 100% of the mail and if we lose mail the Royal Mail compensate for it by Lose you mean steal it don't you just say it!norris9 wrote:I guess they make up for it by the amount of stamped post that is lost and needs to be resent by the customer.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Big Announcement next week
Your calling us all thiefs in your post prior to this one post does not just get lost it turns up even late but not lost you either know nothing of the business we are involved in or you probably are a junior manager with the skills of seal ie can balance things on nose must be able to balance books. Or are just trolling on the site make your mind up time.norris9 wrote:What are you even saying? I can only assume you are trolling.k979aaa wrote:One can only assume you are a troll of the highest order because we don't lose 100% of the mail and if we lose mail the Royal Mail compensate for it by Lose you mean steal it don't you just say it!norris9 wrote:I guess they make up for it by the amount of stamped post that is lost and needs to be resent by the customer.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Big Announcement next week
best figures i could find is in a statement
"A Royal Mail spokesman said: "Royal Mail takes all customer complaints very seriously.
"The total number of complaints received in 2017/18 corresponded to 1 in 10,000 of the mail items we delivered."
a very small proportion even if EVERY complaint was a missing item which never turned up.
"A Royal Mail spokesman said: "Royal Mail takes all customer complaints very seriously.
"The total number of complaints received in 2017/18 corresponded to 1 in 10,000 of the mail items we delivered."
a very small proportion even if EVERY complaint was a missing item which never turned up.
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Big Announcement next week
k979aaa wrote:Your calling us all thiefs in your post prior to this one post does not just get lost it turns up even late but not lost you either know nothing of the business we are involved in or you probably are a junior manager with the skills of seal ie can balance things on nose must be able to balance books. Or are just trolling on the site make your mind up time.norris9 wrote:What are you even saying? I can only assume you are trolling.k979aaa wrote:One can only assume you are a troll of the highest order because we don't lose 100% of the mail and if we lose mail the Royal Mail compensate for it by Lose you mean steal it don't you just say it!norris9 wrote:I guess they make up for it by the amount of stamped post that is lost and needs to be resent by the customer.
How the heck have you translated this: "I guess they make up for it by the amount of stamped post that is lost and needs to be resent by the customer."
into this: "All RM employees are thiefs and lose 100% of the post".
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Big Announcement next week
Post is not lost where is it lost can you find it for us was it lost before posting the very accusation lost in the post is theft!norris9 wrote:k979aaa wrote:Your calling us all thiefs in your post prior to this one post does not just get lost it turns up even late but not lost you either know nothing of the business we are involved in or you probably are a junior manager with the skills of seal ie can balance things on nose must be able to balance books. Or are just trolling on the site make your mind up time.norris9 wrote:What are you even saying? I can only assume you are trolling.k979aaa wrote:One can only assume you are a troll of the highest order because we don't lose 100% of the mail and if we lose mail the Royal Mail compensate for it by Lose you mean steal it don't you just say it!norris9 wrote:I guess they make up for it by the amount of stamped post that is lost and needs to be resent by the customer.
How the heck have you translated this: "I guess they make up for it by the amount of stamped post that is lost and needs to be resent by the customer."
into this: "All RM employees are thiefs and lose 100% of the post".
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Big Announcement next week
You are saying post is not lost, but where it is lost you can find it.k979aaa wrote:Post is not lost where is it lost can you find it for us was it lost before posting the very accusation lost in the post is theft!
I think you are beyond help.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Big Announcement next week
This Bizarre lost in the post is a Euphemism for stolen nicking stuff theft how anyone can say lost on here is beyond me!norris9 wrote:You are saying post is not lost, but where it is lost you can find it.k979aaa wrote:Post is not lost where is it lost can you find it for us was it lost before posting the very accusation lost in the post is theft!
I think you are beyond help.
-
antcpfc
- Posts: 629
- Joined: 18 Sep 2007, 17:25
Big Announcement next week
Really? Customers put wrong addresses and insist they put the right address on a regular basis. Items are wrapped so poorly that they fall apart. Two reasons for items not arriving.
Slider tool. Lol.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Big Announcement next week
Correct ,Incorrect address, item misaddressed, or item damaged in transit.antcpfc wrote:Really? Customers put wrong addresses and insist they put the right address on a regular basis. Items are wrapped so poorly that they fall apart. Two reasons for items not arriving.
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Big Announcement next week
k979aaa wrote:This Bizarre lost in the post is a Euphemism for stolen nicking stuff theft how anyone can say lost on here is beyond me!
This is like the beginning of an episode of Barney the Dinosaur....
And today kids - we're going to learn about the meaning of the word 'Lost'.
Bob is a Postman. Unfortunately post can be lost the following ways:
-Fire (When a van carrying post is involved in an accident and catches fire or a depot catches fire)
-Theft (When post is stolen from the back of a van)
-Misplaced (Left on top of a dustbin or at the bottom of a bag)
-Misdelivered (Sent to the wrong depot or posted to the wrong house)
-Dumped (By the postman cos he cannot be a*sed to deliver it)
In some of these situations post may be lost forever, but some post may be found again and delivered safely to the recipient, although it may be many days or months late.
-
Deadly
- Posts: 703
- Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
- Gender: Male
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Big Announcement next week
I have read a little of the announcement so far. They are going to drop the total annual dividend from about 25 pence to 15 pence. This had to happen unless they wanted to follow the example of the UK water companies and borrow billions of pounds to pay out in dividends to shareholders. RM also want to get back to or above the profit percentage they achieved in the 2017-2018 tax year which is easier said than done.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Big Announcement next week
"Our assessment found that the operational direction set out in the 2018 Agreement is right: more digitally-enabled work tools enabling us to better align resource to workload, a key factor in a genuinely people-driven business. Three key tools - Automated Hours Data Capture, PDA Outdoor Actual and Resource Scheduler - will enable us to allocate duties and tasks based on reliable management information. Our workplace will be a fairer one too, as a result. A key principle, benefiting the Company and colleagues, will be operationalised through this new technology: resourcing to workload, with a data driven approach to people management. "
the warning is there for everyone, PDA data IS going to be used, use this information as you like, but theyre not hiding the fact that it will be used to monitor productivity, people going home consistently early will be a big no-no.
the warning is there for everyone, PDA data IS going to be used, use this information as you like, but theyre not hiding the fact that it will be used to monitor productivity, people going home consistently early will be a big no-no.