ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

D2D's - whose responsibility is it to throw them off?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
mark.cup
Posts: 303
Joined: 14 Mar 2010, 20:54
Gender: Male

D2D's - whose responsibility is it to throw them off?

Post by mark.cup »

We have several full time part time duties I am the full timer on one and due to the way I like to work always put d2d in the frames 1st then alternate between each frame mech,manual then packets this is just me trying to be fair...

If it's a mad busy day then there will be an equal amount of work left for us both as I have IPS to do as well!

It's very easy to say I'm part time everything should be done but try it some days :crazy:

Most other full timers I know basic all look after themselves till their frames are completely flat then put a token amount in the part timers frame just before they get in this is totally out of order

The only thing I would say is we all get a delivery supplement so if a full timer decides to put all the part timers mail in and leave them to earn that supplement and to fill the space when they go for their break I think that's perfectly acceptable
blacov
Posts: 397
Joined: 12 May 2019, 21:40
Gender: Male

D2D's - whose responsibility is it to throw them off?

Post by blacov »

I work full time too. I put all this crap in the slots myself and then take it out together with letters and packets. i also usually start with leaflets and then put letters in front. I was just wondering if there is supposed to be additional position on payslip because I get to hear different opinions and I can see no extra pay at all apart from what I have listed in my previous post.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

D2D's - whose responsibility is it to throw them off?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

blacov wrote:I work full time too. I put all this crap in the slots myself and then take it out together with letters and packets. i also usually start with leaflets and then put letters in front. I was just wondering if there is supposed to be additional position on payslip because I get to hear different opinions and I can see no extra pay at all apart from what I have listed in my previous post.
Yes.

It will be something along the lines of Election Payment or Poll Card Delivery (on mine this week) but you have to fill in a form to claim it an E17 I think its called.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
miles_peters
Posts: 298
Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
Gender: Male

D2D's - whose responsibility is it to throw them off?

Post by miles_peters »

Woody Guthrie wrote:
miles_peters wrote:leave them. its not your problem
And if the sequenced isn't prepped in can you leave that too?
We don't have set tasks in our contract only set hours.
his post was about D2D's. stop trying to be confrontational just cause you didn't like my reply.
bardeh
Posts: 42
Joined: 01 Feb 2019, 23:04
Gender: Male

D2D's - whose responsibility is it to throw them off?

Post by bardeh »

steve1873 wrote:When you say you are getting out the door in Nick of time, are you having your meal relief (presumably 30 minutes) either prior to commencement or during delivery?
I can normally wangle five minutes to sit and have a vape before we go out while whoever I'm with goes to the loo/finishes loading their frame onto the van. Other than that, I have never had a break during delivery since I started working at RM and if I suggested it I don't think it would go down well. Either they'd rather finish early (and tbh so would I) or the walk is too long and barely possible to get done on time even without a break.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

D2D's - whose responsibility is it to throw them off?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

miles_peters wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:
miles_peters wrote:leave them. its not your problem
And if the sequenced isn't prepped in can you leave that too?
We don't have set tasks in our contract only set hours.
his post was about D2D's. stop trying to be confrontational just cause you didn't like my reply.
You may think he is being confrontational, however, the last line of his post is factually correct.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
miles_peters
Posts: 298
Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
Gender: Male

D2D's - whose responsibility is it to throw them off?

Post by miles_peters »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
miles_peters wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:
miles_peters wrote:leave them. its not your problem
And if the sequenced isn't prepped in can you leave that too?
We don't have set tasks in our contract only set hours.
his post was about D2D's. stop trying to be confrontational just cause you didn't like my reply.
You may think he is being confrontational, however, the last line of his post is factually correct.
and I never said the poster was wrong in what they were saying, however in my opinion it was a confrontational response to my reply about what the original poster of this thread was asking about 'not having time to prep D2D's'
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

D2D's - whose responsibility is it to throw them off?

Post by Woody Guthrie »

First class is live mail.
Second class is live mail.
D2D is live mail.
The business doesn't differentiate.
Wilful delay is wilful delay.
Only dead fish follow the current
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

D2D's - whose responsibility is it to throw them off?

Post by aiden01 »

Woody Guthrie wrote:First class is live mail.
Second class is live mail.
D2D is live mail.
The business doesn't differentiate.
Wilful delay is wilful delay.
Are missorts classed as live mail??
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

D2D's - whose responsibility is it to throw them off?

Post by NewPostieUK »

mark.cup wrote: The only thing I would say is we all get a delivery supplement so if a full timer decides to put all the part timers mail in and leave them to earn that supplement and to fill the space when they go for their break I think that's perfectly acceptable
erm . .

All of us that work in delivery get delivery supplement, yes. I can't see the connection though.

A full timer can't 'decide' to put a part timers door to doors in. If his job is to prep the frame then he should prep that days door to doors. If he hasn't got time to do his job he needs to tell the manager who should then manage the situation. You can't just decide whether to do it or not.

The manager should ensure that the frame is prepped correctly. If he doesn't, then get the union involved.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

D2D's - whose responsibility is it to throw them off?

Post by Woody Guthrie »

aiden01 wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:First class is live mail.
Second class is live mail.
D2D is live mail.
The business doesn't differentiate.
Wilful delay is wilful delay.
Are missorts classed as live mail??
Yes.
That's why they are/should be counted and added to the DDOR as failures.
Only dead fish follow the current
mark.cup
Posts: 303
Joined: 14 Mar 2010, 20:54
Gender: Male

D2D's - whose responsibility is it to throw them off?

Post by mark.cup »

NewPostieUK wrote:
mark.cup wrote: The only thing I would say is we all get a delivery supplement so if a full timer decides to put all the part timers mail in and leave them to earn that supplement and to fill the space when they go for their break I think that's perfectly acceptable
erm . .

All of us that work in delivery get delivery supplement, yes. I can't see the connection though.

A full timer can't 'decide' to put a part timers door to doors in. If his job is to prep the frame then he should prep that days door to doors. If he hasn't got time to do his job he needs to tell the manager who should then manage the situation. You can't just decide whether to do it or not.

The manager should ensure that the frame is prepped correctly. If he doesn't, then get the union involved.
In the office I work in that's exactly how it works the full timer does as he pleases and if that's to get all the mail prepped on both frames and let me rephrase it if the part timer has come in by that stage he would then be expected to put the d2d in...

Some days as I said I've put the d2d in both frames it's mad busy and then we both have an equal amount of mail to put in this myth that a full timer can conjure up a superhuman performance and get everything done including IPS is rubbish.

As a full timer you can only do so much I don't work like that but the majority of my office do and more often than not its not even down to time they just can't be assed!

I know one part timer who comes in to literally nothing at all done on his frame everyday won't go into details but let's just say the minute the jobs go up he's moving and I don't blame him.

Like I said I actually do all things equal on both frames and at times end up behind the part timer due to collecting and organising the large packets etc :thumbup
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

D2D's - whose responsibility is it to throw them off?

Post by aiden01 »

Woody Guthrie wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:First class is live mail.
Second class is live mail.
D2D is live mail.
The business doesn't differentiate.
Wilful delay is wilful delay.
Are missorts classed as live mail??
Yes.
That's why they are/should be counted and added to the DDOR as failures.
Thought so myself was just wondering why they are left sometimes for a few days an sometimes the odd week or two. yet no-one seems to get done for wiful delay.
Partyondude
Posts: 87
Joined: 31 Dec 2018, 11:09
Gender: Male

D2D's - whose responsibility is it to throw them off?

Post by Partyondude »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
blacov wrote:I work full time too. I put all this crap in the slots myself and then take it out together with letters and packets. i also usually start with leaflets and then put letters in front. I was just wondering if there is supposed to be additional position on payslip because I get to hear different opinions and I can see no extra pay at all apart from what I have listed in my previous post.
Yes.

It will be something along the lines of Election Payment or Poll Card Delivery (on mine this week) but you have to fill in a form to claim it an E17 I think its called.
I filled out the form with the amount delivered over the week and handed it in on Saturday.

I haven't been paid anything for them, should it be in this weeks pay ?
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

D2D's - whose responsibility is it to throw them off?

Post by eastie »

if the frame is not prepped photograph it on your phone . work till your time and cut off.
DOM will soon get the message. Either he pays you to come in early to prep or it wont get done
Leave the Election material