ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

The courier how to cancel it

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

The courier what a load of guff

Post by Seymour Buts »

Tinoblade wrote:
crazyclacy wrote:
Other person
Was a research scientist but never been happier at work than she is now hahaha
I second this. Royal Mail is the only job I've ever had that I actually like.

You don’t know what her old job was like. This job is absolute bliss in comparison to my old one
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

The courier what a load of guff

Post by crimson king »

The editor should come out with me on some of the duties I cover with pouches of four to five bundles of mail.

Letters down, my arse.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

The courier what a load of guff

Post by rubberbond »

Postie45 wrote:I have no doubt many posties do enjoy the job, I do to a certain degree, i think im fortunate to be in a pretty decent office overall.
However the Courier is still nothing but a propaganda rag, not sure what its purpose actually is because the people who are experiencing hell day in day out arent going to be cheered up much because they see Jackie in Derby being really proud of her units 5% increase in efficiency.
Its purpose is to make the higher ups believe that they are communicating with the lower orders.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

The courier how to cancel it

Post by arnold cheshire »

Why change the topic name?
luddite
Posts: 451
Joined: 06 May 2008, 20:24

The courier how to cancel it

Post by luddite »

I asked the lad who delivered my street to sticker it refused, he did this a few times but was then told by the gaffer to deliver it, no problem I killed it off instead. Gaffer takes me in office and asks me what's going on? Apparently, according to him I had to receive it and had to read it!! Compulsory!
They got the message eventually.
malcolm3011
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 303
Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
Gender: Male

The courier how to cancel it

Post by malcolm3011 »

When I worked for Royal Mail I just wrote on it not wanted and returned it, took 3 times then they got the hint and never received anymore
30+YEARMAN
Posts: 253
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
Gender: Male

The courier what a load of guff

Post by 30+YEARMAN »

aiden01 wrote:
arnold cheshire wrote:
crazyclacy wrote:Back page
Workplace coach "i enjoy my additional role" extra money for f**k all

Other person
Was a research scientist but never been happier at work than she is now hahaha

Page 8 the changing mailbag

Managers still say the jobs the same lol
Trying to get you to clear,
Even when packets take longer you couldn't write this guff


What a load of crap the courier is
They never say how people are bullied to stay out with excessive workloads
Think its a great read :Boo hoo!
Me too I look forward to it every month,I can,t wait to see whats going on in fantasy land !. :crazy: :crazy:
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

The courier how to cancel it

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

arnold cheshire wrote:Why change the topic name?
Nothing stopping an OP changing the title if they want.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
postm@np@t
Posts: 25
Joined: 04 Jun 2012, 09:49
Gender: Male

The courier how to cancel it

Post by postm@np@t »

Personally I like receiving the monthly propaganda as I use it to line the bottom of my parrot cage who then proceeds to crap on crap for a few days.....