ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

No seat belt

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

No seat belt

Post by clashcityrocker »

Murdoch wrote:

That's not the law. There are a number of exceptions. Two of which are relevant to RM.

2: driving a goods vehicle on deliveries that is travelling no more than 50 metres between stops
I truly cannot believe somebody has chosen to post this again.
Which bit of "RM policy is you wear your seat belt at all times" is difficult to understand?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

No seat belt

Post by aiden01 »

clashcityrocker wrote:
Murdoch wrote:

That's not the law. There are a number of exceptions. Two of which are relevant to RM.

2: driving a goods vehicle on deliveries that is travelling no more than 50 metres between stops
I truly cannot believe somebody has chosen to post this again.
Which bit of "RM policy is you wear your seat belt at all times" is difficult to understand?
Obviously murdoch does,nt..
Ciderboy1957
Posts: 221
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:46
Gender: Male

No seat belt

Post by Ciderboy1957 »

Gents , I took my pension few years back , ie lump sum and monthly payment , if I get sacked can Royal Mail attempt to stop monthly payment
P13
Posts: 1016
Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
Gender: Male

No seat belt

Post by P13 »

Ciderboy1957 wrote:Gents , I took my pension few years back , ie lump sum and monthly payment , if I get sacked can Royal Mail attempt to stop monthly payment
No
Ciderboy1957
Posts: 221
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:46
Gender: Male

No seat belt

Post by Ciderboy1957 »

P13 , Cheers ,
Murdoch
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 572
Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
Gender: Male

No seat belt

Post by Murdoch »

clashcityrocker wrote:
Murdoch wrote:

That's not the law. There are a number of exceptions. Two of which are relevant to RM.

2: driving a goods vehicle on deliveries that is travelling no more than 50 metres between stops
I truly cannot believe somebody has chosen to post this again.
Which bit of "RM policy is you wear your seat belt at all times" is difficult to understand?
Learn to read what i wrote in context, might improve your reading comprehension, and understanding.

I was specifically replying to a poster that said "it's the law". I was pointing out what the law actually is... and thus the "it's the law argument, doesn't add much to the conversation.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

No seat belt

Post by clashcityrocker »

You wrote:
Two of which are relevant to RM.

How exactly is it relevant to RM?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Murdoch
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 572
Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
Gender: Male

No seat belt

Post by Murdoch »

clashcityrocker wrote:You wrote:
Two of which are relevant to RM.

How exactly is it relevant to RM?
Because I was cherry picking from a number of exceptions. And the others are clearly not related in any way shape or form. So that was a comment on omission, as opposed to a comment on our policy.

Any leap you've made to think I've conflated the law with RM policy, was yours not mine. I was merely pointing out the law does not consider those to be offences, thus, "it's the law" argument doesn't hold any ground.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

No seat belt

Post by clashcityrocker »

In all honesty I have never read such bullshit in my life.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Murdoch
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 572
Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
Gender: Male

No seat belt

Post by Murdoch »

clashcityrocker wrote:In all honesty I have never read such bullshit in my life.
Probably cause you're a bit dense?

In order to not just post ad hominem, I'll clarify...

You must have lapped up a lot of BS in your time, if that's what you think. :crazy:
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

No seat belt

Post by clashcityrocker »

Murdoch wrote:
Probably cause you're a bit dense?
There are actually rules to posting on this forum.
I would suggest you have a little read of them.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Murdoch
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 572
Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
Gender: Male

No seat belt

Post by Murdoch »

clashcityrocker wrote: There are actually rules to posting on this forum.
I would suggest you have a little read of them.
Can't be the first time you've been called an idiot on here eh. lol
Ren Hoëk
Posts: 737
Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
Gender: Male

No seat belt

Post by Ren Hoëk »

Murdoch wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote: There are actually rules to posting on this forum.
I would suggest you have a little read of them.
Can't be the first time you've been called an idiot on here eh. lol
But it's perfectly fine for him to call what you have written bullshit. Of which, it wasn't. The hypocrisy on this forum is laughable at times.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

No seat belt

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Ren Hoëk wrote:
Murdoch wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote: There are actually rules to posting on this forum.
I would suggest you have a little read of them.
Can't be the first time you've been called an idiot on here eh. lol
But it's perfectly fine for him to call what you have written bullshit. Of which, it wasn't. The hypocrisy on this forum is laughable at times.
Locked thread because it went off topic.

But to clarify for those that missed the context.

I have never heard such Bullshit on here - is a comment and an opinion on a post, it may be borderline but it did not cross the line and break the rules, in my opinion.

Laughing at someone (lol) when calling them an "Idiot", and also calling them dense, is not an opinion on a post or position, it's quite simply behaviour that can be called Bullying and harassment, or a personal attack.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.