ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Update on the parcel strategy
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Update on the parcel strategy
how is this ever going to work in rural offices? you can be across a 20mile area as it is, add another 100 points on it and youll be over a possible 30 mile area, its just not achievable in the time.Lets not forget the extra prep time 100 delivery points will have that will push you out even later but youll have less time to deliver more mail.
-
Phantom
- Posts: 1234
- Joined: 27 Dec 2007, 18:17
- Gender: Female
- Location: New York
Update on the parcel strategy
If we have a 35 hour week then they cannot take walks out as you have less time per day to do the job.97gaz wrote:RM want to take out 1 in every six duties in the office and split that work across the remaining duties as, according to them we have loads of spare time now because they've took half a dozen parcels off you.Phantom wrote:@Dingo, I'm not questioning your reasoning here at all but if the parcel strategy does happen then the CWU should push for a 35 hour week with meal relief, that way it would protect thousands of jobs, something has got to give if we are to achieve a 35 hour week and if this means shifting work sideways then we must do it, don't forget all delivery staff have just taken on 90% of collections, so collection staff have lost this work without argument. I'm all for it as long as we have a 35 hour week out of it.
I don't think I'll be worrying about a 35 hour week.
90% of collections? We now have 35% of our boxes collected early by delivery staff. We are a predominantly rural office though.
CUT OFF!!!
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12196
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Update on the parcel strategy
I can't see DOs ever getting the 35hr week, if anything I reckon that DOs will eventually go back to a 39hr week or even a 40hr weekPhantom wrote:If we have a 35 hour week then they cannot take walks out as you have less time per day to do the job.97gaz wrote:RM want to take out 1 in every six duties in the office and split that work across the remaining duties as, according to them we have loads of spare time now because they've took half a dozen parcels off you.Phantom wrote:@Dingo, I'm not questioning your reasoning here at all but if the parcel strategy does happen then the CWU should push for a 35 hour week with meal relief, that way it would protect thousands of jobs, something has got to give if we are to achieve a 35 hour week and if this means shifting work sideways then we must do it, don't forget all delivery staff have just taken on 90% of collections, so collection staff have lost this work without argument. I'm all for it as long as we have a 35 hour week out of it.
I don't think I'll be worrying about a 35 hour week.
90% of collections? We now have 35% of our boxes collected early by delivery staff. We are a predominantly rural office though.
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Update on the parcel strategy
I hope their paying you the DELIVERY SUPPLEMENT instead of just the collection supplement.abuch1980 wrote:I thought they already do this. In my DO I deliver oversized items between 1-4.30 for 5 or 6 walks. Then I start the final collections.
-
abuch1980
- Posts: 226
- Joined: 13 Dec 2011, 12:30
- Gender: Male
Update on the parcel strategy
They will get 35hr week in. The time saved by mech prep will cut indoor manual prep work by 4 hours a week per full timer.!SpacePhoenix wrote:I can't see DOs ever getting the 35hr week, if anything I reckon that DOs will eventually go back to a 39hr week or even a 40hr weekPhantom wrote:If we have a 35 hour week then they cannot take walks out as you have less time per day to do the job.97gaz wrote:RM want to take out 1 in every six duties in the office and split that work across the remaining duties as, according to them we have loads of spare time now because they've took half a dozen parcels off you.Phantom wrote:@Dingo, I'm not questioning your reasoning here at all but if the parcel strategy does happen then the CWU should push for a 35 hour week with meal relief, that way it would protect thousands of jobs, something has got to give if we are to achieve a 35 hour week and if this means shifting work sideways then we must do it, don't forget all delivery staff have just taken on 90% of collections, so collection staff have lost this work without argument. I'm all for it as long as we have a 35 hour week out of it.
I don't think I'll be worrying about a 35 hour week.
90% of collections? We now have 35% of our boxes collected early by delivery staff. We are a predominantly rural office though.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12196
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Update on the parcel strategy
I think the % of walk sort and manual could well go up. If RM want to have time slots for deliveries then they might well need to get the mail into deliveries earlier and the only way for that to happen is to cut down on the amount of mail sequenced, with some walks only getting walk sorted and some maybe even not being sequencedabuch1980 wrote:They will get 35hr week in. The time saved by mech prep will cut indoor manual prep work by 4 hours a week per full timer.!SpacePhoenix wrote:I can't see DOs ever getting the 35hr week, if anything I reckon that DOs will eventually go back to a 39hr week or even a 40hr weekPhantom wrote:If we have a 35 hour week then they cannot take walks out as you have less time per day to do the job.97gaz wrote:RM want to take out 1 in every six duties in the office and split that work across the remaining duties as, according to them we have loads of spare time now because they've took half a dozen parcels off you.Phantom wrote:@Dingo, I'm not questioning your reasoning here at all but if the parcel strategy does happen then the CWU should push for a 35 hour week with meal relief, that way it would protect thousands of jobs, something has got to give if we are to achieve a 35 hour week and if this means shifting work sideways then we must do it, don't forget all delivery staff have just taken on 90% of collections, so collection staff have lost this work without argument. I'm all for it as long as we have a 35 hour week out of it.
I don't think I'll be worrying about a 35 hour week.
90% of collections? We now have 35% of our boxes collected early by delivery staff. We are a predominantly rural office though.
-
mr hil.
- Posts: 425
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 18:22
- Gender: Male
Update on the parcel strategy
This is already happening in some places, non sequenced mail is the norm now, when it used to all come sequenced. Also large flats all still manual ips and many many yorks of small parcels everyday....SpacePhoenix wrote:
I think the % of walk sort and manual could well go up. If RM want to have time slots for deliveries then they might well need to get the mail into deliveries earlier and the only way for that to happen is to cut down on the amount of mail sequenced, with some walks only getting walk sorted and some maybe even not being sequenced
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Update on the parcel strategy
When this is live, if your in a non lat office how long until the residents on your round complain to you that the postie ( thinking its you) lat driver has taken there parcel to a office xx miles away because your office is closed and its your fault!
-
glass joe
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 11 Mar 2013, 16:59
- Gender: Male
Update on the parcel strategy
all down hill from here.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12196
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Update on the parcel strategy
Not many MCs have got T2K machines and with what we get in the trays from them, I can see RM getting rid of all the T2K machines. We don't get too many flats now, apart from when there's a bulk posting. With what we do get, sometimes the trays are part filled with packets or letters that should have gone through an IMP or iLSMmr hil. wrote:Also large flats all still manual ips
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Update on the parcel strategy
T2k machine seems to fail everyday in mc i work in.SpacePhoenix wrote:Not many MCs have got T2K machines and with what we get in the trays from them, I can see RM getting rid of all the T2K machines. We don't get too many flats now, apart from when there's a bulk posting. With what we do get, sometimes the trays are part filled with packets or letters that should have gone through an IMP or iLSMmr hil. wrote:Also large flats all still manual ips
-
abuch1980
- Posts: 226
- Joined: 13 Dec 2011, 12:30
- Gender: Male
Update on the parcel strategy
Interesting conversation. In the long term it would make sense for DO's to open up few hours Sunday for customer parcel collections n specials possibly. Would be extra hours for someone who needs it.