ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Harrassment

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
rumble1234
Posts: 58
Joined: 07 Dec 2010, 11:52
Gender: Male

Harrassment

Post by rumble1234 »

Go sick with stress say you won't be back till it's sorted. Plus record the audio on your phone. Contact police to.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Harrassment

Post by k979aaa »

bardeh wrote:There's one house I deliver to that I dread seeing post for. Every time I post something through the door, the 20-something girls that live there shout out abuse. Sometimes it's just crap postman pat jokes, but it's often f**k off you c**t and the like. I have no idea why - probably just looking to get a rise out of me because I ignore them? Today they were out of their house and further along the street. They saw me coming and started chanting 'the postman's gay', and when that didn't get a reaction one of them lifted her top and bra, fully exposing herself, and carried on shouting the abuse - 'look at me you c**t' etc. It might sound a bit comical but the way they were shouting it was really aggressive. I'd be perfectly fine with a bit of good-natured banter but this was way over the line and has me worried they're going to keep escalating to get some sort of a reaction from me.

Any advice for the best way to deal with it?
Close your eyes stick fingers in ears and put head in sand that's what managers usually do so they cannot do you for doing the same. Anyway should have photographed the evidence and posted it on every lamppost in the area with her address so the punters don't waste petrol!