ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Rotational week off
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Rotational week off
We do the Wallington week(rest week). It does give you a lengthy spell off if combined with a weeks holiday, on the downside it can seem a long time coming when you have to work five full weeks before a week off! You feel like you are on a treadmill. Also it's a big bonus gift of working the rest week from the managers for those who have been good boys and girls(another useful way of moving hearts and minds).
-
da'bunny
- Posts: 239
- Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47
Rotational week off
No im not! Theres no chance in hell I would choose to work a day off. We don't have a rest day! We don't have a choice its a 6 day working week as part of our SA agreement. That's always been the way since I joined 20yrs ago! and no you cant opt out of it.daveyeff wrote:you must be choosing to work your day off. everybody is entitled to a day off.da'bunny wrote:We work Mon-Sat with NO day off! unless you have asked for the Saturday off In advance and it is available. Which half the time isn't when you need it
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.
-
da'bunny
- Posts: 239
- Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47
Rotational week off
arnold cheshire wrote:Really?da'bunny wrote:We work Mon-Sat with NO day off! unless you have asked for the Saturday off In advance and it is available. Which half the time isn't when you need it
Yes really!! :(
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.
-
jd9442
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
Rotational week off
What’s your contract and shifts lolda'bunny wrote:No im not! Theres no chance in hell I would choose to work a day off. We don't have a rest day! We don't have a choice its a 6 day working week as part of our SA agreement. That's always been the way since I joined 20yrs ago! and no you cant opt out of it.daveyeff wrote:you must be choosing to work your day off. everybody is entitled to a day off.da'bunny wrote:We work Mon-Sat with NO day off! unless you have asked for the Saturday off In advance and it is available. Which half the time isn't when you need it
Do you get a rotational week off
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Rotational week off
SA agreement thats lasted 20 yearsda'bunny wrote:No im not! Theres no chance in hell I would choose to work a day off. We don't have a rest day! We don't have a choice its a 6 day working week as part of our SA agreement. That's always been the way since I joined 20yrs ago! and no you cant opt out of it.daveyeff wrote:you must be choosing to work your day off. everybody is entitled to a day off.da'bunny wrote:We work Mon-Sat with NO day off! unless you have asked for the Saturday off In advance and it is available. Which half the time isn't when you need it
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Rotational week off
enforced 6 day week. that was phased out in 2004. don't know how its still allowed.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Rotational week off
Good money anywayaiden01 wrote:SA agreement thats lasted 20 yearsda'bunny wrote:No im not! Theres no chance in hell I would choose to work a day off. We don't have a rest day! We don't have a choice its a 6 day working week as part of our SA agreement. That's always been the way since I joined 20yrs ago! and no you cant opt out of it.daveyeff wrote:you must be choosing to work your day off. everybody is entitled to a day off.da'bunny wrote:We work Mon-Sat with NO day off! unless you have asked for the Saturday off In advance and it is available. Which half the time isn't when you need it
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Rotational week off
Why not work 20 weeks and have four weeks off?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16711
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Rotational week off
Some offices chose not to have any floaters.daveyeff wrote:enforced 6 day week. that was phased out in 2004. don't know how its still allowed.
Consequently you work 6 days with the day off paid as SA.
I never really understood whether the office could force this on anyone that didn't want to work that way.
Personally I think a return to a 6 day week for part time staff would be a positive move in some ways.
A better wage might help retention and might help avoid pension poverty.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Rotational week off
so how do they work it if theres 4 or 5 people on the sick?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16711
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Rotational week off
I suppose in the same way every other office does when the number of sick is high:
Overtime, area reserves, managers?
Overtime, area reserves, managers?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Rotational week off
and, as you mentioned, what if someone didn't want to do those ways of working (6 days a week).
-
par4mrl
- Posts: 89
- Joined: 21 Feb 2013, 22:34
- Gender: Male
Rotational week off
We do 12 days on inc Saturday’s then 4 days off inc. Sunday.....then 18 days on inc Saturday’s then 4 days off inc Sunday... so every 3rd week we have Sun Mon Tues Weds off then Thu Fri Sat Sun off
-
da'bunny
- Posts: 239
- Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47
Rotational week off
Ever since I started there we have always worked 6 days a week with Saturday being the COMPULSORY SA day! No rest day, no rotational week off.
If you don't want to work 6 days a week then you don't take the job. Simple as. Trouble is when I first joined up many years ago I actually had nothing better to do on a Saturday
so wasn't bothered! Time and circumstances changed and now I have MUCH better things to do than waste time delivering crap on a Saturday. Unfortunatley unless Ive asked and been allowed the Saturday off in advance theres nothing I can do other than find another job! Believe it or not tho, nothing better has come along
I could name and shame my office but I think its safer I don't ;)
If you don't want to work 6 days a week then you don't take the job. Simple as. Trouble is when I first joined up many years ago I actually had nothing better to do on a Saturday
I could name and shame my office but I think its safer I don't ;)
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.
-
da'bunny
- Posts: 239
- Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47
Rotational week off
Exactly this. We are quite a small office so even with the allocated amount of staff on leave, if someone goes sick the round is normally covered the above way or by lapsing.clashcityrocker wrote:I suppose in the same way every other office does when the number of sick is high:
Overtime, area reserves, managers?
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.