ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Four Complaints in Two Weeks

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
LittleEmm
Posts: 34
Joined: 23 Jan 2019, 16:40
Gender: Female

Four Complaints in Two Weeks

Post by LittleEmm »

crimson king wrote:I'm happy with any of the scenarios, if it means someone has prepped a walk for me :thumbup

The P379 is handy though, for having one right there, on top of your bundle, to write out if they're not in. And if they are, put it in your pocket with the others you carry. There's nothing too hard about that, really, is there?

And, like I said at the beginning, if someone has kindly prepped for me, they can indicate there's a packet any way they see fit as far as I'm concerned, as long as I know there's a packet.

And remember not to stick the red card through as well because I'm listening to a podcast on my headphones, running cos I've got ghost overtime to do, I just simply won't have a break and I'm just shoving anything and everything I can through the damned bloody letterboxes because this goddamned job is stressing me the f**k out and I just don't have half a second to just pause, chill out and take stock and stop blaming my colleagues for all of my shortcomings....

Jesus wept. All the real, like important things about the job, people, that we need to moan about and address....and people are moaning about people using a 739 instead of turning a letter to indicate a parcel in your pouch. :arrrghhh
Sorry didn’t mean to sound like I was moaning about someone prepping my round etc I’m sure there are much more important things to moan about. I was just saying that ive had these complaints and I hold my hands up and should pay more attention to my job but part of the complaint by the manager was using these cards and the way he went off at me it felt like this was a major problem and was all my fault even though it isn’t me who preps as I’m starting after this is all done.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Four Complaints in Two Weeks

Post by crimson king »

LittleEmm wrote:
crimson king wrote:I'm happy with any of the scenarios, if it means someone has prepped a walk for me :thumbup

The P379 is handy though, for having one right there, on top of your bundle, to write out if they're not in. And if they are, put it in your pocket with the others you carry. There's nothing too hard about that, really, is there?

And, like I said at the beginning, if someone has kindly prepped for me, they can indicate there's a packet any way they see fit as far as I'm concerned, as long as I know there's a packet.

And remember not to stick the red card through as well because I'm listening to a podcast on my headphones, running cos I've got ghost overtime to do, I just simply won't have a break and I'm just shoving anything and everything I can through the damned bloody letterboxes because this goddamned job is stressing me the f**k out and I just don't have half a second to just pause, chill out and take stock and stop blaming my colleagues for all of my shortcomings....

Jesus wept. All the real, like important things about the job, people, that we need to moan about and address....and people are moaning about people using a 739 instead of turning a letter to indicate a parcel in your pouch. :arrrghhh
Sorry didn’t mean to sound like I was moaning about someone prepping my round etc I’m sure there are much more important things to moan about. I was just saying that ive had these complaints and I hold my hands up and should pay more attention to my job but part of the complaint by the manager was using these cards and the way he went off at me it felt like this was a major problem and was all my fault even though it isn’t me who preps as I’m starting after this is all done.
No, no, my comments were not directed at you and I apologize for any confusion. I should have been clearer. My comments were aimed at those complaining about the use of 739 cards for parcels. I know exactly what it's like and the problems that can be inherited when you take out a duty that's prepped for you. And managers that give you s**t when it's not your fault.

Don't worry, we all make mistakes, especially at the beginning and this is absolutely the best place to seek advice. I'm sure it'll all work out fine for you, best of luck. Chin up :thumbup
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.