ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Blackburn's sorting office needs sorting : reader letter

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Blackburn's sorting office needs sorting : reader letter

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/n ... er-letter/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SOMETHING needs to be done about the poor state of the Royal Mail.

I do not know what is going on with the Canterbury Street Post Office and the postmen and women who deliver in that area.

Three times they have failed to hand over parcels to me at my door, instead choosing to put a leaflet through the door telling me how to pick it up.

I am elderly and live on my own at a flat in Blackburn.

There are notices outside the flats telling delivery people to press the buzzer so they can deliver direct to that person – but they can’t be bothered it seems.


I cannot drive and I’m not online.

When I call the number on the card no one answers – so I cannot arrange re-delivery.

I must pay £8 for a taxi to the post office. Last time I went I asked why they did not answer the phone. They just said they were too busy.

Perhaps they wouldn’t be so busy at the sorting office, if they delivered all their parcels in the first place.

Name and address supplied
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.