ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pay offs

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3226
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

Pay offs

Post by Acca Dacca »

Marshamp11 wrote:
Acca Dacca wrote:
DGH wrote:
Acca Dacca wrote:
What happens to his partner if he is a non driver?
Presumably he'll be able to pick any non-driving vacant duty. Or become a reserve. It's what happened to duty holders whose jobs were lapsed almost permanently. I suppose the duty changes might be significant enough to trigger a resign, but I can't imagine RM wanting that upheaval.
No mights about it - it'd have to
I was led to believe that 33% of the office had to change to trigger a resign.
If every duty was absobring the 1 in 6 then every duty would have changed
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
Marshamp11
Posts: 437
Joined: 06 Aug 2018, 16:38
Gender: Male

Pay offs

Post by Marshamp11 »

Yamr1 wrote:Pay off line managers waste of money.

See the shares shoot up in price.

Would save the company millions if they got rid off then or make them part time.
It goes without saying that if the workforce takes a cut you dont need as many managers to manage whats left.
Marshamp11
Posts: 437
Joined: 06 Aug 2018, 16:38
Gender: Male

Pay offs

Post by Marshamp11 »

Acca Dacca wrote:
Marshamp11 wrote:
Acca Dacca wrote:
DGH wrote:
Acca Dacca wrote:
What happens to his partner if he is a non driver?
Presumably he'll be able to pick any non-driving vacant duty. Or become a reserve. It's what happened to duty holders whose jobs were lapsed almost permanently. I suppose the duty changes might be significant enough to trigger a resign, but I can't imagine RM wanting that upheaval.
No mights about it - it'd have to
I was led to believe that 33% of the office had to change to trigger a resign.
If every duty was absobring the 1 in 6 then every duty would have changed
Only by 16%. Thats 1/6th. Doesnt matter that its spread across all duties its the office total.
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3226
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

Pay offs

Post by Acca Dacca »

Marshamp11 wrote:
Acca Dacca wrote:
Marshamp11 wrote:
Acca Dacca wrote:
DGH wrote:
Acca Dacca wrote:
What happens to his partner if he is a non driver?
Presumably he'll be able to pick any non-driving vacant duty. Or become a reserve. It's what happened to duty holders whose jobs were lapsed almost permanently. I suppose the duty changes might be significant enough to trigger a resign, but I can't imagine RM wanting that upheaval.
No mights about it - it'd have to
I was led to believe that 33% of the office had to change to trigger a resign.
If every duty was absobring the 1 in 6 then every duty would have changed
Only by 16%. Thats 1/6th. Doesnt matter that its spread across all duties its the office total.
But every duty would then be altered as they would be taking on the extra bit and therefore be changed
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
Marshamp11
Posts: 437
Joined: 06 Aug 2018, 16:38
Gender: Male

Pay offs

Post by Marshamp11 »

Acca Dacca wrote:
Marshamp11 wrote:
Acca Dacca wrote:
Marshamp11 wrote:
Acca Dacca wrote:
DGH wrote:
Acca Dacca wrote:
What happens to his partner if he is a non driver?
Presumably he'll be able to pick any non-driving vacant duty. Or become a reserve. It's what happened to duty holders whose jobs were lapsed almost permanently. I suppose the duty changes might be significant enough to trigger a resign, but I can't imagine RM wanting that upheaval.
No mights about it - it'd have to
I was led to believe that 33% of the office had to change to trigger a resign.
If every duty was absobring the 1 in 6 then every duty would have changed
Only by 16%. Thats 1/6th. Doesnt matter that its spread across all duties its the office total.
But every duty would then be altered as they would be taking on the extra bit and therefore be changed
RM could argue that the 'extra bit' is just replacing the oversize parcels that have been taken away.
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3226
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

Pay offs

Post by Acca Dacca »

Marshamp11 wrote:
Acca Dacca wrote:
Marshamp11 wrote:
Acca Dacca wrote:
Marshamp11 wrote:
Acca Dacca wrote:
DGH wrote:
Acca Dacca wrote:
What happens to his partner if he is a non driver?
Presumably he'll be able to pick any non-driving vacant duty. Or become a reserve. It's what happened to duty holders whose jobs were lapsed almost permanently. I suppose the duty changes might be significant enough to trigger a resign, but I can't imagine RM wanting that upheaval.
No mights about it - it'd have to
I was led to believe that 33% of the office had to change to trigger a resign.
If every duty was absobring the 1 in 6 then every duty would have changed
Only by 16%. Thats 1/6th. Doesnt matter that its spread across all duties its the office total.
But every duty would then be altered as they would be taking on the extra bit and therefore be changed
RM could argue that the 'extra bit' is just replacing the oversize parcels that have been taken away.
its still a change
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next