ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

PDA actuals

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
gmf_uk
Posts: 12
Joined: 04 Apr 2018, 12:47
Gender: Male

PDA actuals

Post by gmf_uk »

i have noticed the navigation on all the PDA's in my office are now on all the time, even when rebooting and taking the battery out the navigation automatically starts up...…..
kookoo32
Posts: 187
Joined: 10 Oct 2008, 20:34
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

PDA actuals

Post by kookoo32 »

gmf_uk wrote:i have noticed the navigation on all the PDA's in my office are now on all the time, even when rebooting and taking the battery out the navigation automatically starts up...…..
I noticed this too. I appear as a giant red disc on the map and it tells me how fast :chuckle I'm walking. The answer is not very.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

PDA actuals

Post by arnold cheshire »

Marshamp11 wrote:
Paleridercraig wrote:Manager today asking why a certain loop took longer today than it had the previous two weeks on the same day....... Pretty sure thats misuse of the PDA data by the manager.... Unless they've went live...
Should have answered "Don't know. Next Question."
yes good answer
Paleridercraig
Posts: 12
Joined: 17 Nov 2014, 16:48
Gender: Male

PDA actuals

Post by Paleridercraig »

Marshamp11 wrote:
Paleridercraig wrote:Manager today asking why a certain loop took longer today than it had the previous two weeks on the same day....... Pretty sure thats misuse of the PDA data by the manager.... Unless they've went live...
Should have answered "Don't know. Next Question."

Don't worry I give as good as I get. I'm more concerned about the use of the PDA data to microanalysis every loop and movement you make.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

PDA actuals

Post by rambo1 »

Paleridercraig wrote:
Marshamp11 wrote:
Paleridercraig wrote:Manager today asking why a certain loop took longer today than it had the previous two weeks on the same day....... Pretty sure thats misuse of the PDA data by the manager.... Unless they've went live...
Should have answered "Don't know. Next Question."

Don't worry I give as good as I get. I'm more concerned about the use of the PDA data to microanalysis every loop and movement you make.
W
When will they be used to even out walks? So, your walk is impossible to do on time and the actuals tell the Dom that you are not taking the pinkle and are working to a correct pace, not taking more than the break that day stipulates and are still back 1.5 hrs late. Do the actuals get used to sort this sort of thing out? .........thought not.
rodtheplod
Posts: 20
Joined: 04 Apr 2017, 14:33
Gender: Male

PDA actuals

Post by rodtheplod »

rambo1 wrote:
Paleridercraig wrote:
Marshamp11 wrote:
Paleridercraig wrote:Manager today asking why a certain loop took longer today than it had the previous two weeks on the same day....... Pretty sure thats misuse of the PDA data by the manager.... Unless they've went live...
Should have answered "Don't know. Next Question."

Don't worry I give as good as I get. I'm more concerned about the use of the PDA data to microanalysis every loop and movement you make.
W
When will they be used to even out walks? So, your walk is impossible to do on time and the actuals tell the Dom that you are not taking the pinkle and are working to a correct pace, not taking more than the break that day stipulates and are still back 1.5 hrs late. Do the actuals get used to sort this sort of thing out? .........thought not.
Do they get used to sort things out, depends who you are. Managers favourites and reps will be ok, the rest can go and hang. Our DOM does'nt even known how to check the properly.