maisymoo04 wrote:as I mentioned some posties don't do it
and? you've lost me now.
OP's original post is about job and pay security to be secured with a FT contract. The hours are obviously in the office so they would like to have the security of pay for when they are on AL or sick. The same security his FT colleagues will benefit from. What ever anyone else is or isn't doing with regards to OT has nothing to do with it. These are his personal circumstances.
maisymoo04 wrote:as I mentioned some posties don't do it
and? you've lost me now.
OP's original post is about job and pay security to be secured with a FT contract. The hours are obviously in the office so they would like to have the security of pay for when they are on AL or sick. The same security his FT colleagues will benefit from. What ever anyone else is or isn't doing with regards to OT has nothing to do with it. These are his personal circumstances.
Correct!
For the record, I am not moaning, I know there are plenty of offices that simply do not have the OT available like I do at my DO. Part of the reason why I drive 30 mins there everyday, and haven’t transferred closer to home!
As someone else pointed out, obviously I would like a better contract, mainly so that I don’t lose out as much when on annual leave. And also it’s the fact that it’s guaranteed hours instead of always monitoring how many hours Iv done so far in a week, not worrying about whether il get enough hours in. I have a young family to look after and obviously want what is best for me which would be a FT contract. The hours are obviously there in my DO, it’s just getting the contract! I should however be getting an increase in contract due to an error when I started. Couple of weeks after I started they readvertised vacancy’s but at 28 hour contracts rather than the 25 I had just been given. Naturally I went to my DOM and asked why I wasn’t offered this and was told it would get sorted and my contract would be increased inline with that offered to even newer starters. After reminding my DOM several times in the following months iam still waiting for the increase!
My perspective - happy to be corrected: PT posties who do overtime should be aware (a) they're delaying the chance of someone - maybe them - getting a ft contract, and (b) if you do 20 hours OT basically that could be a job for someone who doesn't have one.
maisymoo04 wrote:as I mentioned some posties don't do it
and? you've lost me now.
OP's original post is about job and pay security to be secured with a FT contract. The hours are obviously in the office so they would like to have the security of pay for when they are on AL or sick. The same security his FT colleagues will benefit from. What ever anyone else is or isn't doing with regards to OT has nothing to do with it. These are his personal circumstances.
Correct!
For the record, I am not moaning, I know there are plenty of offices that simply do not have the OT available like I do at my DO. Part of the reason why I drive 30 mins there everyday, and haven’t transferred closer to home!
As someone else pointed out, obviously I would like a better contract, mainly so that I don’t lose out as much when on annual leave. And also it’s the fact that it’s guaranteed hours instead of always monitoring how many hours Iv done so far in a week, not worrying about whether il get enough hours in. I have a young family to look after and obviously want what is best for me which would be a FT contract. The hours are obviously there in my DO, it’s just getting the contract! I should however be getting an increase in contract due to an error when I started. Couple of weeks after I started they readvertised vacancy’s but at 28 hour contracts rather than the 25 I had just been given. Naturally I went to my DOM and asked why I wasn’t offered this and was told it would get sorted and my contract would be increased inline with that offered to even newer starters. After reminding my DOM several times in the following months i am still waiting for the increase!
Ask your manager if he/she has read the frontline managers briefing pack (2018) which states;
"We will honour our agreements regarding part-time colleagues:
• Part-time colleagues’ contracted hours will be jointly reviewed every March and September. Where appropriate, increased contracted hours will be offered to reflect the hours actually worked and planned.
• Temporary increases in contracted hours to be offered to part-time colleagues to manage seasonal variations or peaks in demand."
This briefing pack was in tandem with the same information contained in the four pillars agreement.
maisymoo04 wrote:as I mentioned some posties don't do it
and? you've lost me now.
OP's original post is about job and pay security to be secured with a FT contract. The hours are obviously in the office so they would like to have the security of pay for when they are on AL or sick. The same security his FT colleagues will benefit from. What ever anyone else is or isn't doing with regards to OT has nothing to do with it. These are his personal circumstances.
Correct!
For the record, I am not moaning, I know there are plenty of offices that simply do not have the OT available like I do at my DO. Part of the reason why I drive 30 mins there everyday, and haven’t transferred closer to home!
As someone else pointed out, obviously I would like a better contract, mainly so that I don’t lose out as much when on annual leave. And also it’s the fact that it’s guaranteed hours instead of always monitoring how many hours Iv done so far in a week, not worrying about whether il get enough hours in. I have a young family to look after and obviously want what is best for me which would be a FT contract. The hours are obviously there in my DO, it’s just getting the contract! I should however be getting an increase in contract due to an error when I started. Couple of weeks after I started they readvertised vacancy’s but at 28 hour contracts rather than the 25 I had just been given. Naturally I went to my DOM and asked why I wasn’t offered this and was told it would get sorted and my contract would be increased inline with that offered to even newer starters. After reminding my DOM several times in the following months i am still waiting for the increase!
Ask your manager if he/she has read the frontline managers briefing pack (2018) which states;
"We will honour our agreements regarding part-time colleagues:
• Part-time colleagues’ contracted hours will be jointly reviewed every March and September. Where appropriate, increased contracted hours will be offered to reflect the hours actually worked and planned.
• Temporary increases in contracted hours to be offered to part-time colleagues to manage seasonal variations or peaks in demand."
This briefing pack was in tandem with the same information contained in the four pillars agreement.
They've probably read it, but they don't take a blind bit of notice....as I've said before the key words in the above are 'Where appropriate.....', if manager
decides it's 'not appropriate' then what?, and as others have also stated, if there are hours to be gained in an office, they don't necessarily go to the person working them...