ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Later finishes for all offices

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

Later finishes for all offices

Post by redneck »

world class male wrote:ours last year had the very clever idea of p/t staff finishing 10/20 minutes BEFORE their paired f't partner :left:
:crazy: standard for RM
1617mel
Posts: 172
Joined: 11 Oct 2017, 15:13
Gender: Male

Later finishes for all offices

Post by 1617mel »

ok it looks like all our offices are looking at our start times in different circumstances ie geographic location to suit,later start times for all eventually due to the
reduction in the hourly week, so be it , but in our office the indoor work WILL prevent eventually anyone finishing on time. as I say offices indoor workload will vary , I think some off the lower contracted employees[ I hate the word part time , it causes differentials amoung us].,will be made up by hours to compensate this HOPEFULLY.
ArthurPewty
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 190
Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
Gender: Male

Later finishes for all offices

Post by ArthurPewty »

world class male wrote:ours last year had the very clever idea of p/t staff finishing 10/20 minutes BEFORE their paired f't partner :left:
nearer 2 hours at my place fella! You couldn't make it up :crazy: You've got F/T'ers knocking off an hour+ early most of the time and the P/T'ers claiming OT every day (luckily for RM all the PT'ers are happy claiming OT otherwise it'd be total carnage). Then when it gets busy and the F/T'ers actually have to work their hours most of them throw their toys out of the pram :Boo hoo! PDA actuals hasn't made a blind bit of difference, so RM are still paying ridiculous amounts to F/T'ers to be sitting at home on their arses while simultaneously paying loads of O/T to PT'ers and the 'ghosters'. I reckon if managers did their job and ensured all paid hours were worked, their overtime costs would drop by tens of thousands of pounds, and that's one small office.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Later finishes for all offices

Post by daveyeff »

IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:1500 finish everyday?

Only on a "long" Wednesday currently with a 0630/0642 start.

Would mean an 0800/0812 start on a "short" Tuesday and Friday, with 0730/0742 Monday and Thursday, plus 0700/0712 on Saturday.
well not 1500 EVERYDAY to be precise but our times are.Mon. 7.25-14.50 .. Tues. 7.25-14.30 Wed. 7.00- 1500 Thurs. 7.00-1500 Fri. 7.11-15.00 Sat. 6.40- 14.00.
Denman17
Posts: 21
Joined: 25 Mar 2016, 20:33
Gender: Male

Later finishes for all offices

Post by Denman17 »

ArthurPewty wrote:
world class male wrote:ours last year had the very clever idea of p/t staff finishing 10/20 minutes BEFORE their paired f't partner :left:
nearer 2 hours at my place fella! You couldn't make it up :crazy: You've got F/T'ers knocking off an hour+ early most of the time and the P/T'ers claiming OT every day (luckily for RM all the PT'ers are happy claiming OT otherwise it'd be total carnage). Then when it gets busy and the F/T'ers actually have to work their hours most of them throw their toys out of the pram :Boo hoo! PDA actuals hasn't made a blind bit of difference, so RM are still paying ridiculous amounts to F/T'ers to be sitting at home on their arses while simultaneously paying loads of O/T to PT'ers and the 'ghosters'. I reckon if managers did their job and ensured all paid hours were worked, their overtime costs would drop by tens of thousands of pounds, and that's one small office.
Exactly the same as ours also 6.45 start we have people coming in at 5.15 and going home at 12.15
par4mrl
Posts: 89
Joined: 21 Feb 2013, 22:34
Gender: Male

Later finishes for all offices

Post by par4mrl »

Mon 6:12-13:55
Tues 6:12-13:35
Wed 6:12-14:20
Thur 6:12-14:20
Fri 6:12-14:15
Sat 6:12-14:10
Inclusive of 40 min meal relief on the end and based on a 12 day on 4 day off 18 day on 4 day off every six weeks..... job and finish and no absorption......
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Later finishes for all offices

Post by Celgar »

par4mrl wrote:Mon 6:12-13:55
Tues 6:12-13:35
Wed 6:12-14:20
Thur 6:12-14:20
Fri 6:12-14:15
Sat 6:12-14:10
Inclusive of 40 min meal relief on the end and based on a 12 day on 4 day off 18 day on 4 day off every six weeks..... job and finish and no absorption......
Strictly speaking we are not officially allowed to take the 40 minute break all at the end of our duties. The latest the first 20 minutes of break time is meant to be taken no later than I think 5 and a half hours into duty time. You can take it earlier than that of course. 'Job & Finish' went years ago officially as well and most DOs have been doing absorption/lapsing/flexing for years now. We have known about massive variances in these policies for years and I'm not at all surprised that some DOs are still operating like this even now.
We have the same start time every day of 0624 which used to be 0600 but the first two lots of SWW put paid to that. Our duty end times vary quite a bit based on predicted workload between about 1340 and 1420 I think roughly speaking. The exact timing I cannot recall off hand.
The current rumour is that RM want to move all start times forward by an hour to save on wages at MCs. I have no idea if that is correct but it rings true & I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen. I you add that to the rest of the planned SWW then we all looking at finishing nearly 100 minutes later than we currently do daily. This pushes us into delivering in the pitch black during part of the year which I certainly wouldn't be in favour of.
The other day I ordered something from Amazon and it was delivered at half past eight in the evening! Now that is a **** job to have and somewhere we should be heading towards. No customer/'recipient' really wants to be answering the door at night when they might not have been expecting too. I don't believe there is truly a customer demand for these kind of changes.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
leolion855
Posts: 641
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
Gender: Male

Later finishes for all offices

Post by leolion855 »

would we even be allowed to delivered letters in the dark (ie after 4pm in winter) it seems like a health and safety nightmare, i mean we're not allowed to deliver before 8am for that reason are we?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Later finishes for all offices

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

leolion855 wrote:would we even be allowed to delivered letters in the dark (ie after 4pm in winter) it seems like a health and safety nightmare, i mean we're not allowed to deliver before 8am for that reason are we?
7am was the limit when I started, and that was at Christmas. But the reason isn't low light, but noise pollution legislation.

Also about 15 months ago they released this via the CWU https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 28&t=82341" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; LTB 545/17 - Royal Mail Delivery Torch - Replacement Model: (Blackspur RT340 LED Worklight with Clip)

I wonder if it was just a coincidence.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Later finishes for all offices

Post by rambo1 »

redneck wrote:
world class male wrote:ours last year had the very clever idea of p/t staff finishing 10/20 minutes BEFORE their paired f't partner :left:
:crazy: standard for RM
I know it's not what you mean but may I borrow your reply to actually highlight that NOTHING is standard for royal mail as this thread proves. Some are finishing in time to actually be able to do something on Saturday or pick kids up during week, and some aren't finishing till 4 (if their duties are doable of course).
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Later finishes for all offices

Post by rambo1 »

Celgar wrote:
par4mrl wrote:Mon 6:12-13:55
Tues 6:12-13:35
Wed 6:12-14:20
Thur 6:12-14:20
Fri 6:12-14:15
Sat 6:12-14:10
Inclusive of 40 min meal relief on the end and based on a 12 day on 4 day off 18 day on 4 day off every six weeks..... job and finish and no absorption......
Strictly speaking we are not officially allowed to take the 40 minute break all at the end of our duties. The latest the first 20 minutes of break time is meant to be taken no later than I think 5 and a half hours into duty time. You can take it earlier than that of course. 'Job & Finish' went years ago officially as well and most DOs have been doing absorption/lapsing/flexing for years now. We have known about massive variances in these policies for years and I'm not at all surprised that some DOs are still operating like this even now.
We have the same start time every day of 0624 which used to be 0600 but the first two lots of SWW put paid to that. Our duty end times vary quite a bit based on predicted workload between about 1340 and 1420 I think roughly speaking. The exact timing I cannot recall off hand.
The current rumour is that RM want to move all start times forward by an hour to save on wages at MCs. I have no idea if that is correct but it rings true & I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen. I you add that to the rest of the planned SWW then we all looking at finishing nearly 100 minutes later than we currently do daily. This pushes us into delivering in the pitch black during part of the year which I certainly wouldn't be in favour of.
The other day I ordered something from Amazon and it was delivered at half past eight in the evening! Now that is a **** job to have and somewhere we should be heading towards. No customer/'recipient' really wants to be answering the door at night when they might not have been expecting too. I don't believe there is truly a customer demand for these kind of changes.
Rurals finish at 4pm mid week so they won't be finishing 100 mins later, or did you just mean your office?
poolcued
Posts: 42
Joined: 02 Oct 2016, 17:06
Gender: Male

Later finishes for all offices

Post by poolcued »

Finish times at our DO are:

Mon - 14:30
Tue - 14:00
Wed - 14:48
Thurs - 14:48
Fri - 14:30
Sat - 13:22

Less 20 minutes meal relief at the end of shift.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12196
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Later finishes for all offices

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Celgar wrote:The current rumour is that RM want to move all start times forward by an hour to save on wages at MCs. I have no idea if that is correct but it rings true & I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.
That would also give an extra hour during which mail could be accepted from larger customers
Elkotraz
Posts: 13
Joined: 27 Aug 2018, 15:57
Gender: Male

Later finishes for all offices

Post by Elkotraz »

I work in rural and its delivery only.9:30-4:20.pitch black in winter.royal mail and union dont care.full timers are 5:30 - 6 finish.
postmanzach
Posts: 515
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
Gender: Male

Later finishes for all offices

Post by postmanzach »

1457 on a short day, 1545 on a long day.