ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Anxiety
-
woody38
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
- Gender: Male
Anxiety
Asks for an organisation code,but doesn’t tell u how u can get it
-
woody38
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
- Gender: Male
Anxiety
Exactly what I what I thing, about 20 years ago a young lad from Brum took his life things where supposed to change, the Royal Mail harrasement and bullying helpline should be pulled a waste of time.Sledge4211 wrote:As a part timer I suffer from really bad anxiety, I come into work in the morning and have a sense of overwhelming feeling that sometimes is too much for me. I get put on different walks all the time and it doesn’t help when I don’t know the route or I’ve never done the duty before. I have been with the Royal Mail a long time. Royal Mail are supposedly taking Mental Health issues quite seriously but I just don’t see the backing in the actual workplace and it isn’t reiterated enough with colleagues. With all the bullying and harassment we get throughout the country in different DO, isn’t it about damn time something is done about it? We sometimes deliver NHS mental health D2D’s but why can’t the Royal Mail have a person or a room where we can come to work to talk about any issues we have. I know we have union reps and colleagues to assist but sometimes reaching out to them doesn’t always make you feel comfortable to talk about problems within the workplace. I’m sick of having these “on the edge” feelings each day I come into work. I’ve had CBT & been to doctors but I don’t want to leave my job because of my mental health problems. Who else can relate?
-
Sh87
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 07 Dec 2018, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Anxiety
Hey mate I'm currently off with stress and anxiety. It got to the point I was having panic attacks in work. Having to argue with managers when you want to finish on your FINISHING time so you can collect your kid from school became too much for me. That added to the fact new people are coming in and being placed on duties and you don't know where you will be from day to day and being given a Tuesday off every week!!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Anxiety
woody38 wrote:Asks for an organisation code,but doesn’t tell u how u can get it
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... hp?t=72368" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FFC1 in 2017
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Chupacabra74
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 08 Jul 2017, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Anxiety
No, sorry but know a lad who got in contact with him and he helped him no end. He took mental health very seriously.Sledge4211 wrote:Is there an email address or contact number at all?Danielson1974 wrote:Get in touch with the company doctor. He WILL help. All the best pal.
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Anxiety
[quote] It's like starting at a new job without the support. /quote]
This is exactly what it's like, starting a new job every day and getting to know new colleagues and their quirks....after two years I'm still regularly put with people I've never seen before.
It's like the first day of school in Groundhog Day.
And don't get me started about the way managers treat us after the s**t I was subjected to this morning. I am happy to report that I kept smiling, my cool and took out exactly what he wanted and was deemed 'doable.'
And still brought back what I forecasted would return and finished on time
Tomorrow..... Same s**t, different frame and partner. Ah, life as a spare.
Still beats working in an office though.
This is exactly what it's like, starting a new job every day and getting to know new colleagues and their quirks....after two years I'm still regularly put with people I've never seen before.
It's like the first day of school in Groundhog Day.
And don't get me started about the way managers treat us after the s**t I was subjected to this morning. I am happy to report that I kept smiling, my cool and took out exactly what he wanted and was deemed 'doable.'
And still brought back what I forecasted would return and finished on time
Tomorrow..... Same s**t, different frame and partner. Ah, life as a spare.
Still beats working in an office though.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
Chupacabra74
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 08 Jul 2017, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Anxiety
doorstepped wrote:CheersSledge4211 wrote:Is there an email address or contact number at all?Danielson1974 wrote:Get in touch with the company doctor. He WILL help. All the best pal.
https://www.feelingfirstclass.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0800 6888777
-
Ren Hoëk
- Posts: 737
- Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
- Gender: Male
Anxiety
To be fair you could be a spare, reserve, float or duty holder. Everyday there is conflict. I will concede that spares and reserves have it the worst though.being a reserve in RM is a position of persistent conflict and anxiety. that's what it should say in the job description.
That it does! Iv had an RM office job and the conflict was there as well. There is a toxic culture that inhabits RM to the core. Im starting to enjoy the grief the management try and throw at us now anyway. There is NOTHING they can do if you have put a solid shift in and you know you can back yourself. Why couldn't you complete? Because there was too much mail and not enough time. *Smile and walk away.* Even suggest they come out and test you and then stick to the safe systems of work religiously. They will not like the outcome. If they persist. Thats harassment. Keep a comprehensive diary of events and seek witnesses. Follow procedure, if they persist, Skip the union and march in with a private legal rep and watch them s**t a brick. Seen it happen.Still beats working in an office though
-
bobthepostie
- Posts: 135
- Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Anxiety
Never suffered from anxiety in my life until I worked for Royal Mail, all the harassment, bullying and general piss poor uncaring management and i was medically diagnosed with it. Left the company last month , new job, and lo and behold it's totally gone however the bad experience with RM will haunt me forever. Genuinely worst managed place i've EVER been in within my working life.
-
Rapidryan88
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
- Gender: Male
Anxiety
I know exactly how you feel. I suffer from quite severe anxiety when out of my comfort zone and when I joined Royal Mail it was 7 months of not being able to eat breakfast, occasionally throwing up and gagging most mornings from pure worry.
I explained to my manager about my anxiety and he kept me on the same walk for 2 months which I was grateful for but I was told you’re meant to be on a walk for 6 weeks when you join anyway lol
Speak to the union rep or politely explain to the manager how severely it’s affecting you and some notice would be nice.
Have something dry to eat in the morning like bread or crackers that helps nausea for me. And when on a new walk ask whoever’s close by if they’ve done it and get them to write down for you how the walk is done and bagged up I ALWAYS do this. People are always happy to help :)
I explained to my manager about my anxiety and he kept me on the same walk for 2 months which I was grateful for but I was told you’re meant to be on a walk for 6 weeks when you join anyway lol
Speak to the union rep or politely explain to the manager how severely it’s affecting you and some notice would be nice.
Have something dry to eat in the morning like bread or crackers that helps nausea for me. And when on a new walk ask whoever’s close by if they’ve done it and get them to write down for you how the walk is done and bagged up I ALWAYS do this. People are always happy to help :)
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Anxiety
Full timers have it tooSledge4211 wrote:As a part timer I suffer from really bad anxiety, I come into work in the morning and have a sense of overwhelming feeling that sometimes is too much for me. I get put on different walks all the time and it doesn’t help when I don’t know the route or I’ve never done the duty before. I have been with the Royal Mail a long time. Royal Mail are supposedly taking Mental Health issues quite seriously but I just don’t see the backing in the actual workplace and it isn’t reiterated enough with colleagues. With all the bullying and harassment we get throughout the country in different DO, isn’t it about damn time something is done about it? We sometimes deliver NHS mental health D2D’s but why can’t the Royal Mail have a person or a room where we can come to work to talk about any issues we have. I know we have union reps and colleagues to assist but sometimes reaching out to them doesn’t always make you feel comfortable to talk about problems within the workplace. I’m sick of having these “on the edge” feelings each day I come into work. I’ve had CBT & been to doctors but I don’t want to leave my job because of my mental health problems. Who else can relate?