ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Chinese packets

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
jollyginger
Posts: 7
Joined: 14 Nov 2014, 07:58
Gender: Female

Chinese packets

Post by jollyginger »

LaggyBand wrote:
CPTNemoUK wrote:I had one the other day. Looked at the description and it said toothbrush. Are people that lazy that they can't be bothered to go to a B&M and get 6 for a £1 :arrrghhh
I never understand posties that moan about people buying items off the internet. Why would:

A) a person move for a toothbrush if they don’t have to; and
B) not buy one that exactly matches what they want (eg nice pink one with daughters name on) and instead move and travel to get whatever one happens to be stocked in a store?

I buy all sorts off the net and don’t feel one shred of “guilt” towards the postie AT ALL.
Or the environment.....
south London postie
Posts: 127
Joined: 14 Jan 2016, 10:54
Gender: Male

Chinese packets

Post by south London postie »

Slightly off piste, but I like to squeeze the ones with air trapped inside because it's the closest I'll get to breathing in China :) :crazy:
Justanotherstar
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
Gender: Male

Chinese packets

Post by Justanotherstar »

south London postie wrote:Slightly off piste, but I like to squeeze the ones with air trapped inside because it's the closest I'll get to breathing in China :) :crazy:

You know there's a reason they all wear masks out there right? :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Sapphire/Virgo
Posts: 12
Joined: 25 Apr 2016, 21:27
Gender: Female

Chinese packets

Post by Sapphire/Virgo »

At our office a percentage of Chinese packets are scanned in the RLE as special’s even if the packet contents are only worth a few quid most have a barcode some even require a signature I scan all barcodes I believe Royal Mail had to pay a massive fine to China
twoloops
Posts: 2039
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Chinese packets

Post by twoloops »

How worried should we be about delivering & handling these Chinese packets with the coronavirus knocking about? :hmmmm
Tinoblade
Posts: 252
Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
Gender: Male

Chinese packets

Post by Tinoblade »

twoloops wrote:How worried should we be about delivering & handling these Chinese packets with the coronavirus knocking about? :hmmmm
Thanks for putting that in my mind haha
twoloops
Posts: 2039
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Chinese packets

Post by twoloops »

Well it’s something to think about, seems if you get this Coronavirus it’s certain death :oops:
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Chinese packets

Post by Seymour Buts »

If they come out of the locker or they scan without needing signing for. They can't be tracked anyway, it's due to revenue not tracking. If they say untracked I never scan them.
twoloops
Posts: 2039
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Chinese packets

Post by twoloops »

It’s getting serious now can we refuse to handle these Chinese packets :speak to the hand
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32805
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Chinese packets

Post by POSTMAN »

I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Chinese packets

Post by 5plusbonusball »

I have noticed a lot have come out of WUHAN province, be careful guys.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
viking1488
Posts: 446
Joined: 15 May 2009, 15:37
Gender: Male

Chinese packets

Post by viking1488 »

just keep your hands clean get some of that anti bacterial hand gel and use it oh i forgot hygiene in offices is something to question some dont know what a bar of soap is
twoloops
Posts: 2039
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Chinese packets

Post by twoloops »

What good will gloves do? Should RM be supplying masks & more importantly goggles, this coronavirus is said to spread via the eyes? :shock:
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Chinese packets

Post by yellowbelly »

To be honest I'm more concerned about the rank state of some wagons which get moved about between different offices
and the habits of some of my fellow posties......
postmanzach
Posts: 515
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
Gender: Male

Chinese packets

Post by postmanzach »

They should be stopped until this thing dies down. They are saying the risk is low but advising we should wear gloves. Sounds like they don’t really know.