ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bullying and how I'm going to deal with it.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Bullying and how I'm going to deal with it.

Post by maisymoo04 »

UnhappyPostie wrote:The bullying at my DO at present is totally unacceptable. One manager in particular has been a constant pain to me and other members of staff.

One member has staff has certian issues with his health that make it neta enough impossible to finish in time. How he gets picked on is disgusting, even though they say they care about peoples mental health.

He made remarks about a member of my family who past away and this is the final straw.

I've asked for a form to I can make a official complaint, but this has been not giving to me and I've been told it won't be.

I'm not the only person who has issues with this manager. Lots of staff seem to have a issue with him.

My way of dealing with it would be to email the CEO, I've have done this in the past when Moria Green was on the throne. The manager was moved with in 2 weeks and the office was a much happier place, till this has arisen.

I want to do this again, but I'm Having trouble getting a royal mail mail for Rico Black.

Does anyone know who to email at all?

Many thnaks
go on myroyalmail on the link on this site . click contacts right hand side and scroll down to just say rico black click on
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
tommyrep
Posts: 561
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
Gender: Male

Bullying and how I'm going to deal with it.

Post by tommyrep »

doorstepped wrote:
UnhappyPostie wrote: He was screaming at the person I mentioned face this morning because he was 1 min late getting on the IPS.
I would have offered him outside.

it needs all of you to stand together against this bully and all walk out, this will then get the attention that you need and don't go back until he has been removed, which will be very quick as the mail has to go out.

but it does need you ALL to stand TOGETHER for it to work.
If only! Bullying is a horrible thing to endure, a scourge on society but rife now within RM, it seems to be the normal and accepted management method of dealing with situations they cannot control or cope with.
Let's be honest about this, the manager in this case, like many others, behave in this manner because they can get away with it without impunity. No one really cares anymore, such a pity.
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Bullying and how I'm going to deal with it.

Post by Jpro747 »

I don’t get why RM don’t sack these incompetent managers. Instead they get moved to another office where they are allowed to carry out the same practices. How the hell is it profitable for an office to be run like that, morale will hit the floor and productivity ultimately suffers, then staff go sick for weeks with stress and mental health problems. It’s no good for anyone.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Bullying and how I'm going to deal with it.

Post by Brandy »

Sounds like my old office!!!!!!!!!!
UnhappyPostie
Posts: 7
Joined: 25 Feb 2019, 10:01
Gender: Male

Bullying and how I'm going to deal with it.

Post by UnhappyPostie »

Thanks for all your feedback. Will have to have a think about my next move. I want this person out of the office. Agian this morning he's been shouting at the person ive mentioned on the previous posts. Got people also who want him move but they too scared to do anything about it. Which I don't blame them because theyre part time staff and don't wanna rock the boat
cobrakai
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 320
Joined: 13 Dec 2007, 17:17

Bullying and how I'm going to deal with it.

Post by cobrakai »

tommyrep wrote:
doorstepped wrote:
UnhappyPostie wrote: He was screaming at the person I mentioned face this morning because he was 1 min late getting on the IPS.
I would have offered him outside.

it needs all of you to stand together against this bully and all walk out, this will then get the attention that you need and don't go back until he has been removed, which will be very quick as the mail has to go out.

but it does need you ALL to stand TOGETHER for it to work.
If only! Bullying is a horrible thing to endure, a scourge on society but rife now within RM, it seems to be the normal and accepted management method of dealing with situations they cannot control or cope with.
Let's be honest about this, the manager in this case, like many others, behave in this manner because they can get away with it without impunity. No one really cares anymore, such a pity.
There is only a handful of good managers in the entire company, what happened to changing the culture in the last agreement. From what I’ve seen it’s worse. I think walking out is the only way to deal with it quickly and effectively but do it as a office.
UnhappyPostie
Posts: 7
Joined: 25 Feb 2019, 10:01
Gender: Male

Bullying and how I'm going to deal with it.

Post by UnhappyPostie »

Also he let's on of the posties who always stinks of weed to drive a van. Can I report this but with out getting the person in trouble because he's a nice lad and don't wanna cause him hassle.
tommyrep
Posts: 561
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
Gender: Male

Bullying and how I'm going to deal with it.

Post by tommyrep »

Jpro747 wrote:I don’t get why RM don’t sack these incompetent managers. Instead they get moved to another office where they are allowed to carry out the same practices. How the hell is it profitable for an office to be run like that, morale will hit the floor and productivity ultimately suffers, then staff go sick for weeks with stress and mental health problems. It’s no good for anyone.
My view on that is that they are only doing what is expected of them. It is now a management requirement to chase the ultimate bonus culture, and by design that encourages a bullying system that wants more than its pound of flesh.
The senior managers apply a lot of pressure on targets, savings etc oblivious to the practicalities of getting the job done in a fair way, the staff are really there to be used and abused. They have no compassion or interest regarding the impact it has on staff or any individual. Deep down I think many managers know that things are stretched to the limit, but they get bullied from above with those below them left to carry the can for that.
The problem needs to be seriously recognised for what it is, everyone needs to be aware of it and support those effected in a united stance with Union backing. Individuals left to fight alone cannot change it.
tommyrep
Posts: 561
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
Gender: Male

Bullying and how I'm going to deal with it.

Post by tommyrep »

UnhappyPostie wrote:Also he let's on of the posties who always stinks of weed to drive a van. Can I report this but with out getting the person in trouble because he's a nice lad and don't wanna cause him hassle.
Tread carefully on that one!
Does the managers not have a nose ?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Bullying and how I'm going to deal with it.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

UnhappyPostie wrote:Also he let's on of the posties who always stinks of weed to drive a van. Can I report this but with out getting the person in trouble because he's a nice lad and don't wanna cause him hassle.
In my opinion not a chance. The manager will throw him under the bus to save his own neck.

I'll leave aside the moral issue of driving drugged but I will mention its now a specific crime in law https://www.gov.uk/drug-driving-law" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Ren Hoëk
Posts: 737
Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
Gender: Male

Bullying and how I'm going to deal with it.

Post by Ren Hoëk »

UnhappyPostie wrote:Also he let's on of the posties who always stinks of weed to drive a van. Can I report this but with out getting the person in trouble because he's a nice lad and don't wanna cause him hassle.
As harsh as it sounds. I would not hesitate to mention if one of my colleagues were under the influence and driving. I for one would not get into a van they were driving. They are putting you and everyone else around them in danger.
Sledge4211
Posts: 68
Joined: 03 Dec 2018, 14:47
Gender: Male

Bullying and how I'm going to deal with it.

Post by Sledge4211 »

I think these bullying managers should be named and shamed - we are all human beings at the end of the day. In the RM EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK Royal Mail will NOT tolerate any bullying that’s what it saids.

The more people who say a particular manager is a bully the more likely they have a case against that manager
Destiny
Posts: 200
Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
Gender: Male
Location: North

Bullying and how I'm going to deal with it.

Post by Destiny »

The form still exists and it is a H1 you need (Bullying & Harassment), not a grievance!
It has 2 carbons attached to it, you then post original of these to the relations team, you keep a copy and give Dom last carbon copy.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Bullying and how I'm going to deal with it.

Post by robbertwhitton »

Don’t want to rock the boat?..I would rock the boat as much as I could,bring him to account and don’t put up with it,get him out,there’s too much of this on here,and everybody has the answer until it happens to them,it can only happen once and you address it like they keep telling you to,only of course they will tell you alls well and it doesn’t happen,and some back up from your so called colleagues wouldn’t go a miss I’m sure,if they think it’s ok then we are in a sorry state,
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Bullying and how I'm going to deal with it.

Post by robbertwhitton »

tommyrep wrote:
UnhappyPostie wrote:Also he let's on of the posties who always stinks of weed to drive a van. Can I report this but with out getting the person in trouble because he's a nice lad and don't wanna cause him hassle.
Tread carefully on that one!
Does the managers not have a nose ?
Well if he’s like our boss,he hasn’t a spine,so I’m guessing he hasn’t a nose either!??