ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

New full time contracts

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
The Postman
Posts: 267
Joined: 10 May 2017, 14:41
Gender: Male

New full time contracts

Post by The Postman »

rambo1 wrote:
The Postman wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
stoneybroke wrote:OK. Thanks for the replies chaps.
So in October, if the full-timers go onto a 37 hr week, would i (being on a 35 hr contract) get a rise in my hourly rate to compensate?
Yes. In fact we all get an increase in the hourly rate, even FTs
As I've said before though, pt still get their I creased rate when on leave, full time don't.
Yes, they do. They get the same rate whether they’re at work or not. Same as the part timers.
When I'm on holiday, I get paid same amount as I did before sww. When someone on 32hrs is on holiday, they get paid more than they did before sww! How can you not get it?
Because you work 38 hours now, not 39. Someone who worked 32 before still works 32 hours now! How can you not get it?
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

New full time contracts

Post by rogersh »

The Postman wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
The Postman wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
stoneybroke wrote:OK. Thanks for the replies chaps.
So in October, if the full-timers go onto a 37 hr week, would i (being on a 35 hr contract) get a rise in my hourly rate to compensate?
Yes. In fact we all get an increase in the hourly rate, even FTs
As I've said before though, pt still get their I creased rate when on leave, full time don't.
Yes, they do. They get the same rate whether they’re at work or not. Same as the part timers.
When I'm on holiday, I get paid same amount as I did before sww. When someone on 32hrs is on holiday, they get paid more than they did before sww! How can you not get it?
Because you work 38 hours now, not 39. Someone who worked 32 before still works 32 hours now! How can you not get it?
The Postman . Exactly right.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

New full time contracts

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

The confusion for some is because of a misunderstanding between rates and take home pay.

For Everyone, the rates have changed.

For PTimers the take-home pay has increased, for FTs it has remained the same despite an hour less in contracted hours.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

New full time contracts

Post by rambo1 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:The confusion for some is because of a misunderstanding between rates and take home pay.

For Everyone, the rates have changed.

For PTimers the take-home pay has increased, for FTs it has remained the same despite an hour less in contracted hours.
Thanks for trying to explain it. It's not rocket science. I don't 'work' a 38 hr week when I'm on annual leave, therefore don't get the advantage of that. The part timer on 32 hrs gets their enhanced pay ( in lieu of not having an hr less to work when they are at work) , even if on annual leave.
Honesty, jusy how can I explain it any more clearly?? If they got paid the same as they used to before sww when on a/l then that would be the same as a full timer, but as far as I'm aware, they don't.
Biker Mouse
Posts: 543
Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
Gender: Male

New full time contracts

Post by Biker Mouse »

rambo1 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:The confusion for some is because of a misunderstanding between rates and take home pay.

For Everyone, the rates have changed.

For PTimers the take-home pay has increased, for FTs it has remained the same despite an hour less in contracted hours.
Thanks for trying to explain it. It's not rocket science. I don't 'work' a 38 hr week when I'm on annual leave, therefore don't get the advantage of that. The part timer on 32 hrs gets their enhanced pay ( in lieu of not having an hr less to work when they are at work) , even if on annual leave.
Honesty, jusy how can I explain it any more clearly?? If they got paid the same as they used to before sww when on a/l then that would be the same as a full timer, but as far as I'm aware, they don't.
You may not work 38 hrs on holiday but you get paid 38hrs holiday pay.
neilgg
Posts: 33
Joined: 16 Nov 2014, 12:38
Gender: Male

New full time contracts

Post by neilgg »

Isn't annual leave in this instance a red herring. Full timers now only work 38 hours instead of 39 without a pay reduction so their hourly rate increases accordingly. Part timers benefit from the same hourly rate as full timers as they can't be discriminated against. They take home a bit more than previously. Not sure what annual leave has to do with it?
The Postman
Posts: 267
Joined: 10 May 2017, 14:41
Gender: Male

New full time contracts

Post by The Postman »

rambo1 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:The confusion for some is because of a misunderstanding between rates and take home pay.

For Everyone, the rates have changed.

For PTimers the take-home pay has increased, for FTs it has remained the same despite an hour less in contracted hours.
Thanks for trying to explain it. It's not rocket science. I don't 'work' a 38 hr week when I'm on annual leave, therefore don't get the advantage of that. The part timer on 32 hrs gets their enhanced pay ( in lieu of not having an hr less to work when they are at work) , even if on annual leave.
Honesty, jusy how can I explain it any more clearly?? If they got paid the same as they used to before sww when on a/l then that would be the same as a full timer, but as far as I'm aware, they don't.
You say you don’t work 38 hours when your on holiday, however someone on a 32 hour contract also doesn’t work 32 hours when on holiday. You both work 0 hours and get paid for the hours your contracted for, in your case 38 and in the part timers case 32. I do see where your coming from however your looking at it wrong, there wouldn’t have been a pay increase if there wasn’t an hours reduction for people working 39 hours, a better way of looking at it is that part timers have gained an hour due to the sww bringing the gap between ft and pt closer. Maybe then you won’t feel so hard done by. Unfortunately for RM you can’t pay 2 people in the same company different rates for doing the same job as it’s illegal, therefore they had no option but to raise the hourly rate for ft and pt staff.
Chalky13
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
Gender: Male

New full time contracts

Post by Chalky13 »

Surely when on annual leave, you get the same amount of money paid to you as you do when you work a full 5 days??? That should be regardless of FT or PT?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16711
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

New full time contracts

Post by clashcityrocker »

When a full timer is on holiday s/he is on holiday for 7h 36 per day on average.
Someone on a 25 hour contract is only on holiday for 5 hours/day.
No wonder I am always tired.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

New full time contracts

Post by rogersh »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:The confusion for some is because of a misunderstanding between rates and take home pay.

For Everyone, the rates have changed.

For PTimers the take-home pay has increased, for FTs it has remained the same despite an hour less in contracted hours.
TBT when you say the rates have changed for everyone you do mean the "hourly rate"
In the case of the 1 hour reduction the weekly "Pay Rate" remained the same.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16711
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

New full time contracts

Post by clashcityrocker »

clashcityrocker wrote:When a full timer is on holiday s/he is on holiday for 7h 36 per day on average.
Someone on a 25 hour contract is only on holiday for 5 hours/day.
No wonder I am always tired.
I am on annual leave next week but I have 4 days outstanding.
If I add my 4 days to my annual leave next week does that mean I will be off 10 hours/day.
That sounds like a better holiday.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Chalky13
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
Gender: Male

New full time contracts

Post by Chalky13 »

In on leave this week and I’ve received the same pay I always do.

Why is this topic being discussed ??