It is full timers moaning!Acca Dacca wrote:Some people just hate the managers and see overtime as helping the manager out.
Just ignore them.
If its a full timer moaning about you doing too many hours ask him if he wants to swap contracts so he can do less.
Exactly
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Part timer working OT issues
-
Jacko29
- Posts: 219
- Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
- Gender: Female
Part timer working OT issues
-
Jacko29
- Posts: 219
- Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
- Gender: Female
Part timer working OT issues
Managers have said that they ask them and they say they don’t want it. But they don’t want anyone else having it either. Pointless moaning. I’ll have to be more like you from now on and tell them to go get it if they want it!rubberbond wrote:I always say to those who accuse me of "grabbing", that it's there if you want it , I only get the same rate for it as everyone else. In the main , I just ignore it if I want extra money I'll do what I can to earn it legitimately. Fair play to you I say and ignore the sniping , or tell them to **** off as politely as you can.
-
Jacko29
- Posts: 219
- Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
- Gender: Female
Part timer working OT issues
Just getting paid for the ot I do. I do cut offs, lapsing that no one takes, come in early and do d2ds for lapsing rounds and people ask me to cover collections. I also come in early same as FT’s.[/quote]
no wonder everyone has a issue
[/quote]
So I should turn OT down? Its clearly available, if I can get 20+ hours and I’m happy to do less then maybe they should sort it out with manager or at least speak to me about it and not just speak about me
no wonder everyone has a issue
So I should turn OT down? Its clearly available, if I can get 20+ hours and I’m happy to do less then maybe they should sort it out with manager or at least speak to me about it and not just speak about me
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Part timer working OT issues
Don't let it bother you. In my experience, people always have something to say about someone. At my office, everyone is waiting for a reason to criticize someone.......Jacko29 wrote:Managers have said that they ask them and they say they don’t want it. But they don’t want anyone else having it either. Pointless moaning. I’ll have to be more like you from now on and tell them to go get it if they want it!rubberbond wrote:I always say to those who accuse me of "grabbing", that it's there if you want it , I only get the same rate for it as everyone else. In the main , I just ignore it if I want extra money I'll do what I can to earn it legitimately. Fair play to you I say and ignore the sniping , or tell them to **** off as politely as you can.
Just keep doing what you are doing, if they want to be moaners that is up to them!
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Part timer working OT issues
do whatever you feel capable of doing!
I've known some and quite rightly so moan that others get ghost overtime and they don't, but if money is there to be earned then do it.
i'd personally tell those moaning to do one, if you don't feel comfortable doing that, afraid a quiet word to the dom is the only option, it is a B&H issue after all, it isn't confined to management!
I've known some and quite rightly so moan that others get ghost overtime and they don't, but if money is there to be earned then do it.
i'd personally tell those moaning to do one, if you don't feel comfortable doing that, afraid a quiet word to the dom is the only option, it is a B&H issue after all, it isn't confined to management!
-
tommyrep
- Posts: 561
- Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
- Gender: Male
Part timer working OT issues
Yeh have seen this happen. It is also often the case that managers go directly to the people who they know will do OT at short notice or the cheaper option than the "ransom" you mention.Postie45 wrote:I dont know if this is the case but maybe theres been a culture of refusing OT at standard rates to "ransom" managers to pay more, and your acceptance to do it at standard rate is ruining their game.
If there is a problem sharing out fairly to others who want to do it, it needs addressing as well.
-
Chalky13
- Posts: 155
- Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
- Gender: Male
Part timer working OT issues
To OP, fair play, hoover up what you can
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Part timer working OT issues
no wonder everyone has a issueJacko29 wrote:Just getting paid for the ot I do. I do cut offs, lapsing that no one takes, come in early and do d2ds for lapsing rounds and people ask me to cover collections. I also come in early same as FT’s.
So I should turn OT down? Its clearly available, if I can get 20+ hours and I’m happy to do less then maybe they should sort it out with manager or at least speak to me about it and not just speak about me[/quote]
am not saying don't do it jacko , you mentioned your doing lapsing no one takes I don't no our the posties making a point not doing the lapsing ie not finishing on time etc but you our am guessing and keeping the manager sweet. I have no problem with part timers good luck to them even tho there f@@@@@ the job up every one has an opinion and am probably not the only one on this site
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
Jacko29
- Posts: 219
- Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
- Gender: Female
Part timer working OT issues
This is the thing, I do actually think it’s unfair that it’s not shared out fairly. Being told that they just like moaning and that if they are offered any extra at short notice they say no, so I reckon this is why they always ask me nowtommyrep wrote:Yeh have seen this happen. It is also often the case that managers go directly to the people who they know will do OT at short notice or the cheaper option than the "ransom" you mention.Postie45 wrote:I dont know if this is the case but maybe theres been a culture of refusing OT at standard rates to "ransom" managers to pay more, and your acceptance to do it at standard rate is ruining their game.
If there is a problem sharing out fairly to others who want to do it, it needs addressing as well.
-
Jacko29
- Posts: 219
- Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
- Gender: Female
Part timer working OT issues
Cheers! I’m not going to let it stop me doing it. I’m going to ignore any negativity now.Interested-seeker wrote:Don't let it bother you. In my experience, people always have something to say about someone. At my office, everyone is waiting for a reason to criticize someone.......Jacko29 wrote:Managers have said that they ask them and they say they don’t want it. But they don’t want anyone else having it either. Pointless moaning. I’ll have to be more like you from now on and tell them to go get it if they want it!rubberbond wrote:I always say to those who accuse me of "grabbing", that it's there if you want it , I only get the same rate for it as everyone else. In the main , I just ignore it if I want extra money I'll do what I can to earn it legitimately. Fair play to you I say and ignore the sniping , or tell them to **** off as politely as you can.
Just keep doing what you are doing, if they want to be moaners that is up to them!
-
Jacko29
- Posts: 219
- Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
- Gender: Female
Part timer working OT issues
It’s not ghosting at all, half the time I only get back on time or if I’m early it’s coz I didn’t take my break and I’m having it at the end. I’ll see if any more comes of it, at the minute it doesn’t feel like B&H but if it gets any worse I would probably say something to the people directly and I think it would probably shut them up.korky wrote:do whatever you feel capable of doing!
I've known some and quite rightly so moan that others get ghost overtime and they don't, but if money is there to be earned then do it.
i'd personally tell those moaning to do one, if you don't feel comfortable doing that, afraid a quiet word to the dom is the only option, it is a B&H issue after all, it isn't confined to management!
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Part timer working OT issues
]I have no problem with part timers good luck to them even tho there f@@@@@ the job up every one has an opinion and am probably not the only one on this site![]()
![]()
How are part-timers f***ing the job up exactly? By getting along the best they can with overtime until that long day in the future when they might get made up to full time? Having 9.30 or 10am starts imposed on them that upset full timers?
Please, elaborate, so all part-timers can know how much they're f***ing the job up and valued by their full-time colleagues.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Part timer working OT issues
Jacko29 wrote:Just getting paid for the ot I do. I do cut offs, lapsing that no one takes, come in early and do d2ds for lapsing rounds and people ask me to cover collections. I also come in early same as FT’s.scoobymunster wrote:Out of curiosity are you getting paid OT for just what you do, or are you getting ghost too? that would definitely get backs up in my office. Although in saying that, what OT you do is entirely up to you and no one elses concern. Doing OT indoors/collections is much easier earned than doing extra OT delivery.
There's been plenty of guys in the past that have been keen to do plenty of overtime. I don't have issue with it as they have in the past made my life a lot easier. Instead of arguing with manager over leaving a few loops, I would just go straight to the overtime guy and say "do you fancy a couple of loops of my delivery" and then tell the manager that he would be doing it.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Part timer working OT issues
MAISYMOO04, How are part timers f.....g the job up. Maybe it's you fulltimers who ACCEPTED the way forward agreement(which I didnt). Were you not casual or part time to start with. I certainly was, casual then contract casual then associate grade then temp full-time then full-time but I never blamed any other workmates for not being full-time. I hoovered up Saturday and Sunday night's when we still got NDA on docket when I was an associate collections driver to make my wages up to full-time. And I never moaned or bitched that the fulltimers had the easiest duties with SA attached as that was just the way of things and my turn would come round to picking the good duties. It does you no credit whatsoever bringing down a work colleague, especially as it part time working is inferior. We MUST stick together as workmates as we have management trying and doing their best to crack the whip and turn the screw at every opportunity. If anything you will be OUT before the partimer that your bringing down. Maybe he could deliver your P45. All work together and be stronger for it, be it 38hrs, 30hrs, cleaners, distribution,proccessing.

-
livingonaprayer
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 05 Sep 2018, 13:05
- Gender: Male
Part timer working OT issues
the full timers who get to pick the 2 walks up on OT do 2 easy part of the pair and part timer get the s**t part that takes longest. full timer finishes 2 walks before part timer has done 1.. who treated unfairly there (says in my contract full/part timers should be treated the same)