ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Rude shop owners
-
Sledge4211
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 03 Dec 2018, 14:47
- Gender: Male
Rude shop owners
Also when I go into shops or receptions people NEVER can greet you to say “morning” they stare at you or look at you like something on the end of there shoe. I give them there mail then walk away without saying anything if they being funny with me.
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Rude shop owners
Instead of being rude back you should be overly loud and polite, that’s what I do when I’m in a good mood. GOOD MORNING! How are you doing?’ Stuns them abit. Got one guy never says thank you or if he does he mumbles it so I say thank you for you signature, your welcome
-
30+YEARMAN
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
- Gender: Male
Rude shop owners
I have to deliver to a Sub office and they get a lot of local collect parcels and the attitude of some of the staff is just downright ignorant one of them saw me come in with a load of parcels and put the position closed sign up they really get on my t.ts.I would go there last but they get quite a lot of specials too.

-
Charliecat
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
- Gender: Female
Rude shop owners
Well it seems to be something that a lot of us postie shave to deal with. Yep I also deliver to a doctors surgery and I always say a big thankyou as they don't even look up! Going to start just dropping theirs through letterbox too now. Deliver to a big nursing home too where the receptionist sits there a hand stretch to the buzzer to let me in and out but seems to enjoy making me wait. I once said can you let me out and she replied I haven't got 8 pairs of hands ! I replied and I haven't got all day! Well needless to say we don't speak now at all unless absolutely necessary . I had a special that I had to wait ages for her to open the door and was so tempted to docket it but didn't have the guts. Wish I had though as might teach her a lesson 
-
kashmir58
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 16 Jan 2011, 10:28
- Gender: Male
Rude shop owners
Had one who I knocked up(local burger shop) with 9oc special delivery,started moaning with what time do you call this etc told him it had to be delivered by 9am still didn’t stop moaning
Just wrote a card out handed it to him and told him to collect from delivery office at a sensible time for him and walked off
Just wrote a card out handed it to him and told him to collect from delivery office at a sensible time for him and walked off
-
Ciderboy1957
- Posts: 221
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:46
- Gender: Male
Rude shop owners
Agree with everyone sentiments posted but I simply say nothing to some customers , if I sense they are in a bad mood etc .
Because if you enage with them in any way they get on the phone and fabricate some story " postie was rude etc and in Royal mails eyes the customer is ALWAYS right .
Because if you enage with them in any way they get on the phone and fabricate some story " postie was rude etc and in Royal mails eyes the customer is ALWAYS right .
-
rockmanrock
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 19:05
Rude shop owners
I have a running battle with Barclays Bank .They get loads of special delivery items (cash i assume ) but none of the staff on the floor are able to sign for it. I'm being asked to push into front of the line of people to get staff behind glass to sign.
-
WallaceCat
- Posts: 70
- Joined: 06 Sep 2017, 22:38
- Gender: Male
Rude shop owners
Had a bloke threatened to knock me out other day, the address is two letter different to another address in our do. I apologised and said I would check in future but obviously I’m not always on round....he asked if I was dyslexic, asked if I was educated, said the jobs not hard...and said he wasn’t interested in my excuses, .....I coildjt help but laugh at him, considering it was 11am n he lived in a shithole block of flats....he then proceeded to follow me down the street saying you best walk away while you still can.....I mean I really couldn’t stop laughing....then it started grating on me cuz if I wasn’t in the unfirom I’d of taken the fat c***s jaw off....then I just thought about this poor bastards life...and carried on with my day
-
Lilsy
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 29 Apr 2018, 06:30
- Gender: Female
Rude shop owners
Totally agree with this! They’re the worstBiker Mouse wrote:Worst of all are Doctor’s receptionist and school receptionists
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Rude shop owners
Totally agree with this! They’re the worst[/quLilsy wrote:Biker Mouse wrote:Worst of all are Doctor’s receptionist and school receptionists
I left a p739 once cause they made me wait for 15 minutes and still didnt come to sign,I didnt want to but how long are you meant to wait? They complained but when the practice manager got told why they've never done it again.
-
Deadly
- Posts: 703
- Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
- Gender: Male
Rude shop owners
The most annoying thing for me are firms who take for ever to let you in if the door is locked. I've left them on more than one occasion for taking an age to get to me.leolion855 wrote:
I left a p739 once cause they made me wait for 15 minutes and still didnt come to sign,I didnt want to but how long are you meant to wait? They complained but when the practice manager got told why they've never done it again.
-
castra
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 11:31
- Gender: Male
Rude shop owners
Yep. A police regional control centre wouldn't let me in one day despite there being a steady stream of coppers walking near the door. 739 into the box on the wall for three specials!Deadly wrote:The most annoying thing for me are firms who take for ever to let you in if the door is locked. I've left them on more than one occasion for taking an age to get to me.leolion855 wrote:
I left a p739 once cause they made me wait for 15 minutes and still didnt come to sign,I didnt want to but how long are you meant to wait? They complained but when the practice manager got told why they've never done it again.
Another day, a policewoman reluctantly opened the door when I had about six items that needed signing for and snarled, "looks like I'm the bloody secretary today". Miserable cow.
-
Lance Jack
- Posts: 60
- Joined: 13 Nov 2012, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Rude shop owners
I had it with a plumbing shop, they have a reputation for knowing their stuff and being nice guys but just blanked me and messed me about. One day, I am walking across their small forecourt and trod in a pile of dog s***, the type that pops as you tread on it and you can see it either side of you RM issued high quality footwear, the smell hit me straight away. I walked in the plumbing shop and they had a nice mat that was cut to shape into the floor, logo in it and everything. I dragged my foot across the mat and left a nice skid mark, handed the mail over, walked out and dragged my foot again, now there was two skid marks. Mat was gone the next day.
-
Sledge4211
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 03 Dec 2018, 14:47
- Gender: Male
Rude shop owners
HAHAHAHAHA nice 1Lance Jack wrote:I had it with a plumbing shop, they have a reputation for knowing their stuff and being nice guys but just blanked me and messed me about. One day, I am walking across their small forecourt and trod in a pile of dog s***, the type that pops as you tread on it and you can see it either side of you RM issued high quality footwear, the smell hit me straight away. I walked in the plumbing shop and they had a nice mat that was cut to shape into the floor, logo in it and everything. I dragged my foot across the mat and left a nice skid mark, handed the mail over, walked out and dragged my foot again, now there was two skid marks. Mat was gone the next day.