ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Managers prepping and delivering

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Managers prepping and delivering

Post by Woody Guthrie »

Before time and relinquish their paid break time to do other work.
Most people who start early finish early.
Most people who don't take a break finish early.
Some people start early and don't take a break because they can't meet the standards.
Very few people who can work to standard start early or skip their breaks just to finish on time.
If they do they're likely being bullied and rather than blaming them for s**t a decent (ex?)union rep should be putting a stop to the bullying.
Only dead fish follow the current
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Managers prepping and delivering

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Please do not in any circumstances resort to name calling or behaviour that could be deemed as bullying or harassment.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
tommyrep
Posts: 561
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
Gender: Male

Managers prepping and delivering

Post by tommyrep »

Woody Guthrie wrote:
Before time and relinquish their paid break time to do other work.
Most people who start early finish early.?
Most people who don't take a break finish early.?
Some people start early and don't take a break because they can't meet the standards.
Very few people who can work to standard start early or skip their breaks just to finish on time.
If they do they're likely being bullied and rather than blaming them for s**t a decent (ex?)union rep should be putting a stop to the bullying.
MOST ! early starters finish early, MOST people who don't take a break finish early. BUT what about the others?
They are all out of kilter with Union instruction or even RMs own preferred instructions.eg, safety, methods etc!
Managers are supposed to utilise all the PAID hours, that's their job. That means work to be done within "duty times" i.e. Start and FINISH times inclusive of whatever the appropriate break time is, not the whole lot at finish time.
While a Rep, I was twice on the brink of dismissal for speaking up for beleaguered colleagues for bulling reasons.
I abhor B&H and intimidation in ALL cases. NO early starter suffers that indignity, I wonder why?
The DOMs do not interfere with early starters who accept lapsing work to still finish early, while being oblivious to breaking welfare/employment law and ignoring the mandatory break issues.
MOST( in my experience ) early starters are long seniority rural type duty holders, dare I say those on easier DO duties.
OTHERS who follow the Union preference of starting on time, taking break times etc, get nothing but hassle/intimidation to match the early birds working ethic off lapsing etc, when there is often insufficient duty time to do it, like those on the unfair workload duties, that do exist regardless of any protestations! and Mmm? Do you ever wonder why the most senior take the BEST duties? You know and don't kid yourself about the rush at repicks - why not a draw from a hat!, they are all equal and geo route proofed!, my arse.
Are you advocating they are ALL poor performers start early? Any performance issues are a management problem, theirs to solve. A job as a DOM awaits you if that is your opinion and that a slower postie should start early to warrant an early finish for some.
Woody, any Union Reps - descent or otherwise - first priority is to secure the employment of the members. The Union stance is to do the job properly and if you do not realise that basic principal and think it has no impact on memberships jobs be it FT or PT, I respectfully disagree with you. The early starters allow a situation to fester in an office causing a split that is gleefully exploited by DOMs, to allow pressure on those who follow the union advice and B&H is the result.
So in a nutshell, the best way to put a stop to the bullying would be to stop the early starters you appear to support.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Managers prepping and delivering

Post by Woody Guthrie »

So in a nutshell, the best way to put a stop to the bullying would be to stop the early starters you appear to support.

How are you going to stop them, try a little bullying?
I support all of my colleagues.
I don't call them names, I don't isolate them because they don't follow my club rules and I don't blame them for things that only an idiot would think was their fault.

In a nutshell you haven't got a clue what causes bullying or how to stop it.
Only dead fish follow the current
tommyrep
Posts: 561
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
Gender: Male

Managers prepping and delivering

Post by tommyrep »

Woody Guthrie wrote:
So in a nutshell, the best way to put a stop to the bullying would be to stop the early starters you appear to support.

How are you going to stop them, try a little bullying?
I support all of my colleagues.
I don't call them names, I don't isolate them because they don't follow my club rules and I don't blame them for things that only an idiot would think was their fault.

In a nutshell you haven't got a clue what causes bullying or how to stop it.
By that response I know a lot more about being subjected bullying than you do, you seem firmly on the side of early starters and runners. How you can assume I know nothing about bullying is a daft statement, I have loads of past bullying experience and that is in witnessing it and receiving it with NO support or interest from the DO colleagues, many similar to you apparently.
How to stop it ? I am not a DOM but I know how they operate. In a divided office it’s easy for them, to humiliate and demean because they are onto a winner, it’s divide and rule especially if the rep is in their pocket! Recognise that ???
As for how to stop it? well without a united office not a lot can be done to stop it, maybe you could issue some advice- can I assume no one gets bullied in your manor -because no one seems interested and that includes area a National CWU officials.
Anyway there’s nothing that isolates or encourages bullying in simply relaying the Unions position to members.
In a nutshell you would not recognise bullying if it bit your arse, it’s nothing to do with club rules as you put it.
People who have never been on the end of bullying, like managers pets, do not understand how horrible it can be.
You really need to decide which camp you are in or what face to wear in front of ALL your colleagues, you need to lead by example, or are they just following the leader?
You say I haven’t got a clue about bullying ? I am confused by your answer to be honest. I will ask you to believe me when I honestly say I have been subjected to a LOT of bullying from both colleague and RM sector level bullying.
You are being hypocritical, on the one hand you do not see any problem with early starters ( a major source and cause of initiating bullying ) yet at the same time you say you support ALL your colleagues!, My opinion is the action of the early starters eventually results in the bullying of them who don’t a very simple and honest observation.!
I am not advocating name calling, I would promote the unions stance of doing the job properly and if everyone done that, whats the problem? Oh, forgot your main interest is only with the ones finishing early and “ EFF” the rest.
Last edited by tommyrep on 23 Feb 2019, 21:06, edited 2 times in total.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Managers prepping and delivering

Post by Woody Guthrie »

How you can assume I know nothing about bullying.....


Because you don't even recognise it in yourself.
Your divisive language, your desperate need to blame and your unwillingness to see any point of view but your own are all attributes of a bully.
You see sides, black and white, right and wrong, a fight to be won, your way or the highway.

I see people.
Not dead ones though.
Only dead fish follow the current
tommyrep
Posts: 561
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
Gender: Male

Managers prepping and delivering

Post by tommyrep »

Woody Guthrie wrote:
How you can assume I know nothing about bullying.....


Because you don't even recognise it in yourself.
Your divisive language, your desperate need to blame and your unwillingness to see any point of view but your own are all attributes of a bully.
You see sides, black and white, right and wrong, a fight to be won, your way or the highway.

I see people.
Not dead ones though.
You see dead people, :Applause looking in a mirror I suspect. ( must admit your comment is way over my head, bullshit )
You deride some colleagues as being below standard therefore they go in early, then slag me off for detailing a genuine source for reasoned debate that fuels the very subject, that of creating a bullying opportunity culture which the DOMs can fully exploit, it then becomes a tool in their armoury to use against those who don’t start before time! Is that speaking in divisive language?
Why am I wrong for speaking out against a bullying opportunity to be used by DOMs, while you in condoning the early starters validate and support it, are right?
Divisive language and a need to blame others? So you tell me how bullying exists within RM, blame must lie somewhere.?
You, with your opinion are justifying it in a perverse manner, like its deserved with no blame attributed too any others.
People starting early inextricably place pressure on others who don’t, whether intended or not. That is an undeniable fact, whether you accept it or not, blame lies where warranted and intolerance is not my forte, turning a blind eye IS yours.
You support people sitting in the house watching loose women while being paid, while others are still on the street.
A fine example of humanity in action. I can assure you I am not a bully, never have been and never will be.
There is no side to take in bullying, it really is simple -either black or white. I despise bully’s, unfortunately there are plenty in the RM management structure. I am 100% against bullying while you seem to think that because I state if they started on time the others would not need to endure any undue pressure and bullying, as a result of their actions.
You think I am bullying people who go in early by criticising them, it’s laughable in the extreme.
I believe, and know it does impact upon others and the DOMs use it relentlessly, whether you agree or not.
I know exactly the type of person I am and can sleep soundly in that knowledge. You on the other hand have a split loyalty in favour of the office big shots, I am happy to promote fairness and dignity for all. I fully accept that you do not understand my opinion and I would accept your point of view if it was sensible, but in reality it’s you and your cohorts who are divisive and would not lift a finger to defend those people less fortunate and who suffer directly from the bullying.
I do not regret for one second criticising people who perpetuate bullying, colleagues or RM management - even Reps.
You on the other hand are throwing petrol on the fire while convincing yourselves that you are really the good guys. :wave
This site has now become a breeding ground for many selfish/ self centred sorts who try hard to convince others they have some sort of social conscience, the reality is not true. :shhhhh aye you! :left:
Chalky13
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
Gender: Male

Managers prepping and delivering

Post by Chalky13 »

Our line manager has prepped the whole of the lapsing walk al this week, he’s also been doing other bits during the morning that a postie should be doing, but they won’t pay IPS or overtime at the moment due to lack of hours

But people are still finishing at 12-1 every day. Others milk it and stay out til 3, even though it’s the easiest and shortest walk in the office.

Who’s right?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16699
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Managers prepping and delivering

Post by clashcityrocker »

tommyrep wrote:
I know exactly the type of person I am
We also know you are the person who had to have his posts amended by a moderator because you resorted to petty name calling, in flagrant breach of the site rules.
Of course if you behaved like that in a DO you would possibly be facing a B&H charge and losing your job.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Chalky13
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
Gender: Male

Managers prepping and delivering

Post by Chalky13 »

From my experience, the Union at our office isn’t worth the money we pay them
tommyrep
Posts: 561
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
Gender: Male

Managers prepping and delivering

Post by tommyrep »

clashcityrocker wrote:
tommyrep wrote:
I know exactly the type of person I am
We also know you are the person who had to have his posts amended by a moderator because you resorted to petty name calling, in flagrant breach of the site rules.
Of course if you behaved like that in a DO you would possibly be facing a B&H charge and losing your job.
Guilty of charge, such sensitive easily offended sorts on site - including me before I get further castigation from the good characters on site. Need to start agreeing with the old hats more, less bother, less controversial, and chummy.
Must go now to attend my diversity classes, before I go to Church then meet up with the local management team later to prep and box in next weeks D2ds for the early starters! Would hate to see them miss the start of loose women.
Dare say being a moderators mate has its benefits! But I. Apologise sincerely, I let my emotions get carried away while trying to explain my points. Like :arrrghhh
Do you have any experience of posts having to be amended by a moderator?
With 27,000 posts under your belt and being the controversial sort with a lot to say, probably not.
Chalky13
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
Gender: Male

Managers prepping and delivering

Post by Chalky13 »

Tommy, you do have some good points sometimes but you also spout some shite when someone disagrees with you
postslippete
Posts: 4194
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Managers prepping and delivering

Post by postslippete »

Actually tommyrep makes some really interesting comments especially on the subject on managers doing OPGs work. I've seen a few managers in our office putting in prep work and going out doing loops. Maybe they are short-handed in cases of sick absence but in some cases they have put mail in the frame and then lapsed the duty. If managers are simply behaving as posties then where is their management Union in all this??
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Managers prepping and delivering

Post by aiden01 »

postslippete wrote:Actually tommyrep makes some really interesting comments especially on the subject on managers doing OPGs work. I've seen a few managers in our office putting in prep work and going out doing loops. Maybe they are short-handed in cases of sick absence but in some cases they have put mail in the frame and then lapsed the duty. If managers are simply behaving as posties then where is their management Union in all this??
Management union don't give a f--k either. they work in mc all the time.
Chalky13
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
Gender: Male

Managers prepping and delivering

Post by Chalky13 »

postslippete wrote:Actually tommyrep makes some really interesting comments especially on the subject on managers doing OPGs work. I've seen a few managers in our office putting in prep work and going out doing loops. Maybe they are short-handed in cases of sick absence but in some cases they have put mail in the frame and then lapsed the duty. If managers are simply behaving as posties then where is their management Union in all this??
That’s rife in our office
Managers prep the lapsing walk