ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

plantar fasciitis

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
woody
Posts: 11
Joined: 26 Sep 2007, 15:08

plantar fasciitis

Post by woody »

Hi I have had planter fasciitis for 5 years this may in both feet I have every treatment possible nothing works 8 injections in each foot
it is the most painful condition i can think of I hope others find some help somewhere nothing helps me also i have been private costing me over £3000
and the amount of different shoes i have tried none seem to do much we are doing so much walking with hct something has to give
hammer69
Posts: 27
Joined: 01 Mar 2010, 14:39
Gender: Male

plantar fasciitis

Post by hammer69 »

I've been to the doctors with both plantar fasciitis and housemaids knee at different times in my Royal Mail career,
both times I was referred to the NHS and had both physio and then acupuncture which eventually cleared both problems.
postman1979
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 104
Joined: 14 Dec 2010, 19:49
Gender: Male

plantar fasciitis

Post by postman1979 »

Bought these after they were recommended on RMC. I have suffered for years and tried various cures. These insole take a couple of days to get used to and then no pain. Several of my colleagues who also suffer have tried them with great results. Well worth trying for a fiver.


https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Orthotic-Ins ... 2749.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Trail
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 162
Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
Gender: Male

plantar fasciitis

Post by Trail »

Don't wear any footwear Royal Mail provide you with.

CAT are absolutely shocking when you're walking a half marathon each day, those Magnum shoes are equally as bad.

I used Nike Revolution 2 for a year after discovering Royal Mail footwear was absolutely f*cking atrocious. I was the quickest kid in our office by a mile.
The Goats Toe
Posts: 26
Joined: 29 Sep 2009, 18:45
Gender: Male

plantar fasciitis

Post by The Goats Toe »

Some of the guys in our office have suffered this over the years and they have all vouch for Bowen Therapy. Now whether RM will pay for this like they do with some Physio's is another guess!!