ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Hours owed since going full time

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

Hours owed since going full time

Post by rogersh »

Catch 22 gave this advice
"You need to go to his manager. Put in a grievance. From every member of staff who is in the boat now."

You say "several others were made up to full time"
How many?
Have they also put in a grievance?
Can they corroborate that you were told the ECR was "put through" in September
Does the Manager have a record of this action.
HR advised no ECR had gone through (In September). So does that mean they would have received this (Via email) & if no ECR had gone through was it not received from the manager or did they(HR) not action it.

You should request your manager provide evidence of paperwork he/she sent to HR regarding ECR. This would then establish HR had been sent that information.
Chalky13
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
Gender: Male

Hours owed since going full time

Post by Chalky13 »

There were 10 of us, and each is asking the Union, but no-one else has put in a grievance and they are scared of being forced out and think the union is dealing with it.

The ECR wasn’t put through in September despite being told it would be as we were working full time and were told we were now fulltime staff.
Equally, I must be fulltime, as I have signed for a fulltime walk, as given to me in December. So more evidence I have.
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

Hours owed since going full time

Post by rogersh »

Chalky13 wrote:There were 10 of us, and each is asking the Union, but no-one else has put in a grievance and they are scared of being forced out and think the union is dealing with it.

The ECR wasn’t put through in September despite being told it would be as we were working full time and were told we were now fulltime staff.
Equally, I must be fulltime, as I have signed for a fulltime walk, as given to me in December. So more evidence I have.
I admire you for pursuing what appears to be a reasonable grievance. I am not criticising your colleagues for not putting in a grievance, Although it would be preferable to have all of you supporting the same issue in tandem. If you get the decision you desire will they not expect receive the same benefit!.

As stated, in my opinion you need to establish written confirmation of proof that the manager contacted HR in September giving him/her the benefit of the doubt initially as it may be HR who have not processed the information. However 10 of you !!.
If it materialises the the manager did not send ECR's. Then what? . You therefore need your rep to advise the next step.
Chalky13
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
Gender: Male

Hours owed since going full time

Post by Chalky13 »

As i understand, there are several versions as to what happened in September.

The ECR wasn’t sent as there were unknown delays with the then DOM processing it.
The ECR was sent but rejected.
No full time contracts were to be given, despite being offered in June/July ready for September. Each week, it was said there’d been a delay and it’d be done next week until we went past October and the new DOM arrived. Since then he’s tried to rectify it.

I think, if I don’t get a 38 contract this week, then acas or a new union rep is my only option left
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

Hours owed since going full time

Post by rogersh »

Chalky13 - This has recently been posted in union room;

LTB 014/19 Four Pillars Agreement: OPG 35 Hour Full-Time Duty Deployment – RM/CWU Joint Communication

You may find it of interest.
Chalky13
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
Gender: Male

Hours owed since going full time

Post by Chalky13 »

Thanks.

The issue is I went fulltime in September, so went into a 39hr contract, which hasn’t been honoured.

Today I found that the current DOM left and appears to have ditched all responsibility, the old DOM states he knows nothing about it and the union rep isn’t available til next week, so the timeline for grievance stage 3 passes on Friday with nothing being done.

Therefore I’m currently contacting ACAS to investigate and resolve it.
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

Hours owed since going full time

Post by rogersh »

https://www.cwu.org/wp-content/uploads/ ... d-Reps.pdf
This link is the grievance procedure update. I can only say that it is important to exhaust the internal procedure.
I noticed a contact in the mediation section (page 15 but I am not sure this is exclusively for Managers & reps. Maybe you need to refer to an area rep for assistance.
Chalky13
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
Gender: Male

Hours owed since going full time

Post by Chalky13 »

Finally been resolved with area union rep and OM!

As per latest 4 pillars update, we fall into categories A, B or C. C being works 38 hours every week due to amount of mail coming in. So 35 he contract has been put aside and I’m now being put onto a 38hr contract correctly at last, no more 30 + 8 OT or 35 + 3 SA

Relieved is one word.
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

Hours owed since going full time

Post by rogersh »

Chalky13 wrote:Finally been resolved with area union rep and OM!

As per latest 4 pillars update, we fall into categories A, B or C. C being works 38 hours every week due to amount of mail coming in. So 35 he contract has been put aside and I’m now being put onto a 38hr contract correctly at last, no more 30 + 8 OT or 35 + 3 SA

Relieved is one word.
Sounds good & well done for standing up for yourself (and others)
I just hope you actually receive the written contract as agreed!
Chalky13
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
Gender: Male

Hours owed since going full time

Post by Chalky13 »

rogersh wrote:
Chalky13 wrote:Finally been resolved with area union rep and OM!

As per latest 4 pillars update, we fall into categories A, B or C. C being works 38 hours every week due to amount of mail coming in. So 35 he contract has been put aside and I’m now being put onto a 38hr contract correctly at last, no more 30 + 8 OT or 35 + 3 SA

Relieved is one word.
Sounds good & well done for standing up for yourself (and others)
I just hope you actually receive the written contract as agreed!
That is the next thing to wait on, but the OM said he’d guarantee it in 2 weeks ...