ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Rights of a reserve

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
Chalky13
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
Gender: Male

Rights of a reserve

Post by Chalky13 »

Well said.
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Rights of a reserve

Post by Navalron »

Jump the bus, lol. :thumbup
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Rights of a reserve

Post by Woody Guthrie »

Navalron wrote:Jump the bus, lol. :thumbup
I remember when it was free.
Only dead fish follow the current
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Rights of a reserve

Post by 97gaz »

[
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 13:22, edited 1 time in total.
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Rights of a reserve

Post by 97gaz »

[
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 13:23, edited 1 time in total.
Chalky13
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
Gender: Male

Rights of a reserve

Post by Chalky13 »

97gaz wrote:
Chalky13 wrote: They don’t go out there way to not pay out.
About fifteen years ago a friend of mine was knocked off his mountain bike. The driver thought she had passed him and turned left but misjudged it and knocked him off . He broke his back in two places and was in a cast for months. During the settlement he was told to expect around £100k. One morning after he was getting back on his feet his wifes car wouldn't start so he took the battery out and charged it in the house. That act cost him £70k.
Despite the fact that he had X-ray and documented evidence from specialists. Despite the fact that the driver admitted it and there were many witness's. Despite the fact that he had suffered in pain and his work had suffered the greedy bastards still had people sitting outside his house for weeks hoping to catch him out on something so they didn't have to pay him a fair sum.

He got just over £30k for a broken back.
That’s a case. That’s not typical. I presume you had evidence that proves they were sat outside waiting to see something.
For every one example like this, I can give you 10 where they pay out completely. For every example like this, I can give you 20 that are fraudulent claims and people are trying it on. Fraud is prevalent in insurance claims to the point that every one of us in the U.K. is paying around £100 per insurance policy more than we should be because of fraud. That’s £100 on car, house, travel. Each and every policy.

I get that you don’t trust insurance companies. I hope you don’t ever have need to use one then.
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Rights of a reserve

Post by 97gaz »

[
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 13:23, edited 1 time in total.
Chalky13
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
Gender: Male

Rights of a reserve

Post by Chalky13 »

97gaz wrote:My opinion is still the same. If you have a bump while travelling to an office which is not your regular or permanent office and your insurance Company know that, they will refuse to pay out.
They won’t, but let’s draw a line under it to save it getting boring now.
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Rights of a reserve

Post by 97gaz »

[
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 13:23, edited 1 time in total.
postman_jack
Posts: 78
Joined: 06 Mar 2010, 18:26
Gender: Male

Rights of a reserve

Post by postman_jack »

another_office.jpg
Can't member source but either from this forum or a branch website
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thegeth
Posts: 9
Joined: 24 Feb 2010, 17:18
Gender: Male

Rights of a reserve

Post by thegeth »

So surprise, this subject came up again today.

Now a couple of other questions.

The office i’m going to i’m there for a 4 week stint. Does that make any difference in regards to taking travelling time in my day. Manager seems to think not the case.

Also the starting time is slightly different to my home office, half about half an hours difference. Should I be leaving for my start time at the home office or at there start time.

Surprisingly there’s never a problem when I finish the work, but today I was on a delivery i’ve done 3 times in the past, the frame order has been changed for van sharing which failed and then the frame hasn’t been reverted. Households to do, so in the end I couldn’t do any lapsing.

Now the office I come from fail constantly and they get no bother from the manager and yet I come to one of his other offices and I get it in the neck for not being able to do half an hours worth.

I informed the PHG who is in charge of clearing up any lapsing that can’t be done that I won’t be able to do it, only to get a tx saying it’s been left on the frame for me.