ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Big changes

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Big changes

Post by Brandy »

There will be no more bullying and harrassment,management will say please and thankyou,and posties will be paid all the overtime thats due! If only!!!!!!!!! :crazy: You can but hope.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Big changes

Post by Celgar »

LaggyBand wrote:
Cedar_Room wrote:Nothing like this mentioned in our WTL but at my mates DO the DOM was on about the impending introduction of clocking in machines (and yes,I’m well aware that we’ve heard it all before)
It’ll be done with the PDAs not dedicated machines; with a late attendance /early finish recording feature to follow once the first step becomes normal to everyone.
I too look forward to a clocking in & out system being introduced ideally and especially if it links up so we are paid(automatically even?)for ALL the work we do. Personally I would be more interested in an early attendence/late finish recording feature though!
The PDA actuals measure the outside delivery aspect of work completed at DOs. The AHDC(Automated Hours Data Capture.)is the system that will measure your total work hours completed/clocking in & out automatically maybe via your ID card.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
jimmynailsalive
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 305
Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
Gender: Male

Big changes

Post by jimmynailsalive »

I've worked in a rural and city DO and would be happy with a 25 hour shift near my rural residence. Clocking in and out would be great for a new start, was sickening having people do rounds that were up to 50% easier due to so called seniority, if everyone worked their hours and took their breaks rather than moan about lapsing, it would be a far better job, bring on the clocks.
Tman
Posts: 4146
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

Big changes

Post by Tman »

Only people who have never suffered the clock process would ever call for it. Signing-in is much better and more "flexible" too.
mickeymacca
Posts: 503
Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
Gender: Male

Big changes

Post by mickeymacca »

Tman wrote:Only people who have never suffered the clock process would ever call for it. Signing-in is much better and more "flexible" too.
Well I have (for four years) and I do, can't see the problem (although I imagine in the long term it will lead to banking of hours). The signing in sheet is a farce.....
'Libraries gave us power'
panch1989
Posts: 104
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 07:44
Gender: Male

Big changes

Post by panch1989 »

Only people saving hours a week won't want to clock in. Bring it on. Clock in. Work your hours. Clock out. No worries if not having overtime paid etc. Only worries for the fella who finishes 3 hours before everyone else loses 30 odd quid a day
twoloops
Posts: 2041
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Big changes

Post by twoloops »

There's me thinking "Working Time Learning" I thought these where scrapped 6 months ago? We no longer have them in our office of 160?
hero22
Posts: 595
Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
Gender: Male

Big changes

Post by hero22 »

What about ur break at end of day, I always leave at 140 and sign out for 2. Will that be allowed still with a clock in machine. ?
Wornoutpostie
Posts: 100
Joined: 10 Dec 2016, 17:36
Gender: Male

Big changes

Post by Wornoutpostie »

postietom wrote:
Duesouth wrote:I think these are trials on how to reduce the working week to 35hrs. Not sure where these trials are being held but the rumour has it that sequence mail would not be put in the frame but would be taken out with you in the van then you would have two bundles back to back. One being the sequenced mail and the other manual.

If this is the case expect more cuts and more problems for us. I can't see how this would work as sorting mail in the back of the van on a windy day is going to be a nightmare. Lapsing duties will be interesting as everyone will be flicking through mail. Chaos springs to mind.
These trials have been a disaster by all accounts so I doubt it. Many of the fittings at our place don't run anyway as they're still done to park and loop, which virtually nobody does at our place. I can only begin to imagine the amount of mis sorts coming back daily and the amount of re-direction failures that would suddenly start happening.

I quite get the theory behind the idea, to a suit in an office somewhere the thought of sorting mail that you're just going to pull out in that order anyway seems like a total waste of time but like many theories it doesn't work in practice.

https://vimeo.com/294562083?ref=fb-shar ... yGeZdra1rM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
j1mmyc
Posts: 39
Joined: 02 Mar 2010, 19:09
Gender: Male

Big changes

Post by j1mmyc »

Clocking in and out won't make a difference to people doing overtime, everyone thought it would be the end of ghosting etc when the pda actuals were brought in but that lasted all of a day, all clocking in and out will do is make people drag there feet and not do overtime, then the dom will turn a blind eye then it's back to square one
Chupacabra74
Posts: 52
Joined: 08 Jul 2017, 17:15
Gender: Male

Big changes

Post by Chupacabra74 »

Wornoutpostie wrote:
postietom wrote:
Duesouth wrote:I think these are trials on how to reduce the working week to 35hrs. Not sure where these trials are being held but the rumour has it that sequence mail would not be put in the frame but would be taken out with you in the van then you would have two bundles back to back. One being the sequenced mail and the other manual.

If this is the case expect more cuts and more problems for us. I can't see how this would work as sorting mail in the back of the van on a windy day is going to be a nightmare. Lapsing duties will be interesting as everyone will be flicking through mail. Chaos springs to mind.
These trials have been a disaster by all accounts so I doubt it. Many of the fittings at our place don't run anyway as they're still done to park and loop, which virtually nobody does at our place. I can only begin to imagine the amount of mis sorts coming back daily and the amount of re-direction failures that would suddenly start happening.

I quite get the theory behind the idea, to a suit in an office somewhere the thought of sorting mail that you're just going to pull out in that order anyway seems like a total waste of time but like many theories it doesn't work in practice.

https://vimeo.com/294562083?ref=fb-shar ... yGeZdra1rM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
how is that any quicker? Throw d2ds in the mix and it will be a right royal balls up!
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Big changes

Post by NewPostieUK »

1. You walk through the door, you sign in.
2. You walk through the door, you clock in.

What difference is there? Your start and finish times are recorded, either way. I don't see what difference it makes (to us).

Presumably clocking in will be recorded digitally, so less work for management.
Warriorpostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 118
Joined: 23 Jan 2018, 17:01
Gender: Male

Big changes

Post by Warriorpostie »

hero22 wrote:What about ur break at end of day, I always leave at 140 and sign out for 2. Will that be allowed still with a clock in machine. ?
You should be taking your break during your delivery. I always take my break half way through my day, & sign out at the actual time I leave the DO. Bring on the clock machines , no chasing up lost hours due to an incompetent manager...
citypostie
Posts: 895
Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Big changes

Post by citypostie »

hero22 wrote:What about ur break at end of day, I always leave at 140 and sign out for 2. Will that be allowed still with a clock in machine. ?


Wouldn't think so otherwise it will look like you've left 20 minutes early and will have pay docked accordingly. To avoid this I'm assuming everyone will have their breaks round about the middle of the working day.
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Big changes

Post by scoobydo79 »

hero22 wrote:What about ur break at end of day, I always leave at 140 and sign out for 2. Will that be allowed still with a clock in machine. ?
:arrrghhh