ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Start times

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Start times

Post by k979aaa »

Trouble is some are not in union and others will not rock the boat.
Charliecat
Posts: 92
Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
Gender: Female

Start times

Post by Charliecat »

k979aaa wrote:Use this calculator on line http://www.miraclesalad.com/webtools/timesheet.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I used it. I calculated each week and wk 1 was 25:09 wk 2 was 24:49 wk 3 was 24:49 and wk 4 was 25:37 Total for the 4 weeks is 100:24 . Then I multiplied by 13 and then divided by 52 to come to a total of 25:06 per week average. This is without the 40 minute break. It doesn't make sense and if I added the 40 min the. My start time should be 40 mins later than 6:15? Am I not understanding?
Charliecat
Posts: 92
Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
Gender: Female

Start times

Post by Charliecat »

Charliecat wrote:
k979aaa wrote:Use this calculator on line http://www.miraclesalad.com/webtools/timesheet.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I used it. I calculated each week and wk 1 was 25:09 wk 2 was 24:49 wk 3 was 24:49 and wk 4 was 25:37 Total for the 4 weeks is 100:24 . Then I multiplied by 13 and then divided by 52 to come to a total of 25:06 per week average. This is without the 40 minute break. It doesn't make sense and if I added the 40 min the. My start time should be 40 mins later than 6:15? Am I not understanding?
On pondering I think it's right ...even though they get 6 minutes a day from me? So if I don't take a break and say I finish on time then I should claim my 20 mins as extra. Or take the break and still claim as extended. I get it. So maybe I should come in at 06:21 instead to even it out
Charliecat
Posts: 92
Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
Gender: Female

Start times

Post by Charliecat »

Charliecat wrote:
Charliecat wrote:
k979aaa wrote:Use this calculator on line http://www.miraclesalad.com/webtools/timesheet.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I used it. I calculated each week and wk 1 was 25:09 wk 2 was 24:49 wk 3 was 24:49 and wk 4 was 25:37 Total for the 4 weeks is 100:24 . Then I multiplied by 13 and then divided by 52 to come to a total of 25:06 per week average. This is without the 40 minute break. It doesn't make sense and if I added the 40 min the. My start time should be 40 mins later than 6:15? Am I not understanding?
On pondering I think it's right ...even though they get 6 minutes a day from me? So if I don't take a break and say I finish on time then I should claim my 20 mins as extra. Or take the break and still claim as extended. I get it. So maybe I should come in at 06:21 instead to even it out
But only on one day!
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Start times

Post by maisymoo04 »

Monday 7.00
Tuesday 7.15
wed thurs fri sat 6.40
finished everyday at 1350 I do the job properly
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12196
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Start times

Post by SpacePhoenix »

maisymoo04 wrote:Monday 7.00
Tuesday 7.15
wed thurs fri sat 6.40
finished everyday at 1350 I do the job properly
How far is your DO away from the MC in terms of how long it probably takes the lorry to get there from the MC?
Charliecat
Posts: 92
Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
Gender: Female

Start times

Post by Charliecat »

maisymoo04 wrote:Monday 7.00
Tuesday 7.15
wed thurs fri sat 6.40
finished everyday at 1350 I do the job properly
So what are you set finish times each day though? As that kind of falls in with my thing my start time should be around 40 mins later than it is?
Charliecat
Posts: 92
Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
Gender: Female

Start times

Post by Charliecat »

Charliecat wrote:
maisymoo04 wrote:Monday 7.00
Tuesday 7.15
wed thurs fri sat 6.40
finished everyday at 1350 I do the job properly
So what are you set finish times each day though? As that kind of falls in with my thing my start time should be around 40 mins later than it is?
Also if you're on a 3 day cover you don't work tues and wed surely? Or is it different in other DOs?
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Start times

Post by NewPostieUK »

Charliecat wrote:Can anyone tell me their start times if they are on a 3 day cover and 25 hour contract. Very confusing and I'm getting conflicting advice. Thanks
Is there some kind of national agreement across the UK that all those that work 'on a 3 day cover and 25 hour contract' all start at the same time?

Very strange. You'd think it would depend on what office you worked at, or maybe even what part of that office, or what particular duty.

Why not just ask your manager what time you start? If it's not right or doesn't add up, see your rep. Ask for your start and finish times in writing and make it clear you are going to stick to those times, so they get it right.