Euuugh!!glenfiddich wrote:My best one was a menstrual cup
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Chinese packets
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Chinese packets
-
yubin282
- Posts: 994
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Chinese packets
its amazing what s**t people will buy because they're too lazy to walk 5 mins up the road and buy some clothes pegs
-
fly-catchers
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 573
- Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Chinese packets
I had one with toilet roll on the description! Hope they weren't waiting to too long for that Sh*t!
-
The Postman
- Posts: 267
- Joined: 10 May 2017, 14:41
- Gender: Male
Chinese packets
The ones that say tracked are unscannable, the ones that say untracked are scannable, don’t ask me why???noggin1969 wrote:Some say untracked under the code , you scan them and they come up as sign for.
-
Dannybuca
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 02 Jul 2018, 06:18
- Gender: Male
Chinese packets
Only when I'm in a good mood 
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
Chinese packets
I scan everything unless it says delivery event scan not required
-
Bleepbleep
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 19 Dec 2018, 06:39
- Gender: Female
Chinese packets
What’s euuugh about a menstrual cup? It’s just a bit of silicone/rubber!scoobydo79 wrote:Euuugh!!glenfiddich wrote:My best one was a menstrual cup
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72754
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Chinese packets
Perhaps he is like those Dads and Husbands you see in the supermarkets waiting at the end of the Sanitary products aisle, embarrassed to go any further.Bleepbleep wrote:What’s euuugh about a menstrual cup? It’s just a bit of silicone/rubber!scoobydo79 wrote:Euuugh!!glenfiddich wrote:My best one was a menstrual cup
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
postman_jack
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 06 Mar 2010, 18:26
- Gender: Male
Chinese packets
Never scan them, only stuff from specials locker, 2D, tracked, delivered scanned etc. Never had or heard of anyone in the office being pulled about the chinese stuff. Unless they scanned in the they mail centre, they don't go against your compliance.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12195
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Chinese packets
They might get scanned in at HWDC, afaik HWDC is highly automatedpostman_jack wrote:Never scan them, only stuff from specials locker, 2D, tracked, delivered scanned etc. Never had or heard of anyone in the office being pulled about the chinese stuff. Unless they scanned in the they mail centre, they don't go against your compliance.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Chinese packets
Driving around to individual merchants isn’t exactly green either..abuch1980 wrote:Obviously you've never heard of your carbon footprint.LaggyBand wrote:I never understand posties that moan about people buying items off the internet. Why would:CPTNemoUK wrote:I had one the other day. Looked at the description and it said toothbrush. Are people that lazy that they can't be bothered to go to a B&M and get 6 for a £1
A) a person move for a toothbrush if they don’t have to; and
B) not buy one that exactly matches what they want (eg nice pink one with daughters name on) and instead move and travel to get whatever one happens to be stocked in a store?
I buy all sorts off the net and don’t feel one shred of “guilt” towards the postie AT ALL.
-
Regal
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 03 Nov 2007, 13:34
- Gender: Male
- Location: Yorkshire
Chinese packets
Back to your question.
No i dont bother scanning them and no manager has ever said anything about it,so i guess they dont register on the system.
No i dont bother scanning them and no manager has ever said anything about it,so i guess they dont register on the system.
Tomorrow Never Knows
-
Mr Blonde
- Posts: 337
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44
Chinese packets
Why do people "not bother"? What other parts of the job that you're paid to do do you "not bother" with?
If it has a barcode I scan it. It tales me one second.
It doesn't exactly take a lot of effort. And the Chinese ones very rarely require a signature now, just stuff from other foreign countries do.
If it has a barcode I scan it. It tales me one second.
It doesn't exactly take a lot of effort. And the Chinese ones very rarely require a signature now, just stuff from other foreign countries do.
-
patpat856
- Posts: 30
- Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 18:41
- Gender: Male
Chinese packets
Mr Blonde wrote:Why do people "not bother"? What other parts of the job that you're paid to do do you "not bother" with?
If it has a barcode I scan it. It tales me one second.
It doesn't exactly take a lot of effort. And the Chinese ones very rarely require a signature now, just stuff from other foreign countries do.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Chinese packets
If the PDA can scan it and it will register on the screen I will scan it. I was also under the impression that in terms of items from other countries if we don't scan it then RM don't receive any payment. I believe this is covered by something called the Universal Postal Union. As others have pointed out some countries such as China get virtually free postage but it would be worth scanning the ones from other countries such as the US, Australia, Germany etc as there would likely be revenue on those. For example I have seen items from Australia in the past with large postage amounts printed on them so if scanned RM would receive a share of that amount.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.