ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Customers asking (insisting) you sign for things?
-
anthonyok
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 13 Oct 2007, 17:53
Customers asking (insisting) you sign for things?
I think this cost me two £20 tips this year, a week before xmas i took a parcel back that needed signing for for both my good tippers then when i saw them the next day and explained i would be in trouble /sacked for signing they still looked at me in distain.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Customers asking (insisting) you sign for things?
You shouldn't be worrying about the Tips. They're just a perk at Christmas. Consider your Full Time Employment, and how much that means to you, and your Family.anthonyok wrote:I think this cost me two £20 tips this year, a week before xmas i took a parcel back that needed signing for for both my good tippers then when i saw them the next day and explained i would be in trouble /sacked for signing they still looked at me in distain.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
singingpostman
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 14:22
Customers asking (insisting) you sign for things?
If its your regular duty and you know the customer then I did sign for stuff and left it, and got well tipped for it at Christmas, however if I did'nt trust the customer or I was on a round that was'nt my regular then 739 every time, would'nt even try a neighbour if I did'nt know the round. This I will add was on a rural round in Norfolk, good country folk who had lived at the same addresses for 20+ years, possibly not the same fly by nights that some of you have the misfortune to deliver to.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Customers asking (insisting) you sign for things?
Rules what we wrote:
[quote]If someone has a different position to you please respect their right to have differing views, and enjoy yourself when picking holes in their position in a constructive way. We would much rather have a long winded well thought out argument, picking out weak points in someone's position, than have a thread full of 1 line insults.
[/quote]
[quote]If someone has a different position to you please respect their right to have differing views, and enjoy yourself when picking holes in their position in a constructive way. We would much rather have a long winded well thought out argument, picking out weak points in someone's position, than have a thread full of 1 line insults.
[/quote]
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.