ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

holiday allowance issues

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

holiday allowance issues

Post by rogersh »

geordieboy123 wrote:
Can someone explain to me how this leave being calculated by hours came in is it in an agreement somewhere?

Ok so who agreed it and what agreement is it in?

Think I have answered both questions you raised.
geordieboy123
Posts: 384
Joined: 06 Nov 2014, 17:35
Gender: Female

holiday allowance issues

Post by geordieboy123 »

rogersh wrote:geordieboy123 wrote:
Can someone explain to me how this leave being calculated by hours came in is it in an agreement somewhere?

Ok so who agreed it and what agreement is it in?

Think I have answered both questions you raised.
Sorry but im confused that document is from 2011 am I right? but this system has only just come into play and I don’t know how to locate the post by teebs etc
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

holiday allowance issues

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

geordieboy123 wrote:
rogersh wrote:geordieboy123 wrote:
Can someone explain to me how this leave being calculated by hours came in is it in an agreement somewhere?

Ok so who agreed it and what agreement is it in?

Think I have answered both questions you raised.
Sorry but im confused that document is from 2011 am I right? but this system has only just come into play and I don’t know how to locate the post by teebs etc

The agreement is the correct one, its just that your unit is only just implementing it. That happens quite a lot, my office is still not on P&L fully yet, and that was agreed 9 years ago.

No need to locate the post by me, just click on the link that people have posted, it will take you to it.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
geordieboy123
Posts: 384
Joined: 06 Nov 2014, 17:35
Gender: Female

holiday allowance issues

Post by geordieboy123 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
geordieboy123 wrote:
rogersh wrote:geordieboy123 wrote:
Can someone explain to me how this leave being calculated by hours came in is it in an agreement somewhere?

Ok so who agreed it and what agreement is it in?

Think I have answered both questions you raised.
Sorry but im confused that document is from 2011 am I right? but this system has only just come into play and I don’t know how to locate the post by teebs etc

The agreement is the correct one, its just that your unit is only just implementing it. That happens quite a lot, my office is still not on P&L fully yet, and that was agreed 9 years ago.

No need to locate the post by me, just click on the link that people have posted, it will take you to it.
Thanks teebs that now clarifies it although I can’t make out why it’s taken so long to come in my area
sardonicus
Posts: 98
Joined: 03 Oct 2016, 19:00
Gender: Male

holiday allowance issues

Post by sardonicus »

Hi

Many thanks to all contributors, its much appreciated!


TBT( Teebs) in answer to your reply, my annual leave sheet/card
as follows;

top left box; contract type - LTPT, my pay no, days /week - 3, leave group - LG-5, DOE, purch leave 6

top Middle box; Carried forward blank, BH credits 1, Manual adjustment blank, Net adjustments 1


top Left Hand box; Basic entitlement 30, Adjusted entitlement 31, days booked 30, days outstanding 1

The lower boxes which contain a list of dates to allocate annual leave sets out 6 weeks of 5 days, all with weekdays all abbreviated and sat u6 and sun u7

finally right of these, box 'public holiday credits' lists 1 on Easter Monday.



To confirm, I work a contract of 23.5 hrs per week as a cover for 3 duties, I have set days to work on a rota covering the duties days off.


I was at one point,not now, on 20 hours over 5 days and I paid £6.71 per week for POAL = 7.5 hrs? 22.5 a/l plus 7.5 days poal


I now pay £8.34 per week POAL for what should be 4.5hrs - 13.5 a/l plus 4.5 poal! which I believe is wrong, as is the rest of this sheet.

I believe i am entitled to 5 bank holidays, I am not sure what Bank holiday credits mean, are they from last year,( I was on long term sick) or do they say what they think i am entitled to in total b/h in 2019-2020?


My purchase leave says 6 not sure why as I can only purchase 4.5, I believe the blanking out of annual leave weeks into periods of 5 days is confusing and lazy as it should be 3 days those weeks.

Incidently, Most if not all p/timers in my DO are told they can only claim a bank holiday if they were rotard to work it, and for the first two years I never got one, as my 5 days were moved around to make sure I never worked one and then moved back. I believe I should have got them back in leu if I was not scheduled to work them, I believe workers of 5 days are entitled to all 8 b/h

Also I have been owed 5 weeks annual leave (accumulated while on long term sick , been back over 4 months on rehab - i had a stroke) which have been ignored, I want to take them, I believe I have right to take them before end of March 19 - I belive its law, not business allowing or any other excuse, and its neing ignored and time is running out!

WE are all busy and I appreciate any response if anyone has time

kind regards, Happy New Year
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

holiday allowance issues

Post by 97gaz »

[
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 13:19, edited 1 time in total.
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

holiday allowance issues

Post by 97gaz »

L
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 13:20, edited 1 time in total.
sardonicus
Posts: 98
Joined: 03 Oct 2016, 19:00
Gender: Male

holiday allowance issues

Post by sardonicus »

Thanks for your replies

However I am still confused and beleive I am Paying too much POAL and my A/L is wrong.


I have a 23.5 hr, 3day cover duty and I am entitled to 4.5 weeks annual leave, that's 4.5 weeks of whatever my contractual days are

so

I am entitled to 13.5 days A/l plus I buy POAL- That should be up to a maximum of 6 weeks of my contracted hours - 18 days!

Therefore I should be charged for 4.5 days not 7.5!

Also my holiday card should show 6 A/L weeks of 3 days

my holiday card should not show 6 weeks of 5 days as 3 days a week are non working days not A/L and by this practice of blanking out a full week denies part timers the chance or opportunity(should they wish) to work ne or more of those days- you cant have A/L days on non working days and all that be they unpaid A/l , if rm want to give me a/l days then I should be paid for them or they should get it right and not be lazy and innacurrate
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

holiday allowance issues

Post by 97gaz »

[
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 13:24, edited 1 time in total.
sardonicus
Posts: 98
Joined: 03 Oct 2016, 19:00
Gender: Male

holiday allowance issues

Post by sardonicus »

Hi Gaz

Many thanks for your reply, much appreciated!
Think Im getting my head around it, finally! So big thanks!

Maybe I am splitting hairs, I do like things to be right, prob more than most, but the holiday card is showing 6 weeks of 5 days A/L, which is incorrect, it should show 6 weeks of 3 days - the days that I am down to work those weeks.

I do appreciate that at the end of the day I am getting 6 weeks off as entitlement with POAL added, but, in my view, the card should be correct.

I have to be correct in everything I do at work, and sign my name so many times for this and that, I think its only fair things should be right for all, but maybe thats just me :-)

Just out of interest, do you know what A B/H holiday credit is? on the form I have been given one, for a Monday over easter last year - is it a credit to be added to my yearly allowance of 5 B/Hdays or they saying I only get one b/h paid for in 2019-2020?

thanks again, much appreciated Gaz
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

holiday allowance issues

Post by 97gaz »

I
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 13:24, edited 1 time in total.
sardonicus
Posts: 98
Joined: 03 Oct 2016, 19:00
Gender: Male

holiday allowance issues

Post by sardonicus »

Hi

NOW WORK 3 day cover 23.5hr, still told not entitled to B/H even though I know I am!

But I got no B/H days off in that year!

That's the whole point!

I was on a 5 day week 20 hr contract - usually worked more like 40hrs - and was told, like all other part timers, that unless you were down to work a B/H, then you couldn't claim them, this went on for years! And many many more .like me in our depot. The Union reps, all 4 of them do nothing.

p/t workers have worked years, 5-8 or more, in my depot, but never had bank holidays unless they were down to work on them, which with a clever bit of manipulation by a screw rarely happend, and were told by management that was how it worked

Its my opinion that by messing with holiday entitlement ie putting on the holiday card 6 x 5 days (30 days) a/l for a 3 day weeker, which should be 6 x 3 days (18 days with PAOL), the management are telling psp that they are allotting b/h in leu when it flags up that b/h entitlement is due, and then putting it into these days of a/l which do not exist! Then telling workers they are not entitled to them!

by being exact and the a/l for a 3 dayer being 6 x 3 days total 18 a/l with PAOL, not only does that mean that the person is only buying what they need, but, there are no places to conceal stolen entitlements.

There are apprx 80 pt workers in my D/O, approx 48 on 3 day covers, all of whom are entitled to B/H, and to a/l cards which are accurate and true, i have spoken to about 20 of them and none of them but one ( has family in the office) who was paid all 3 xmas b/h straight away in first week after xmas, have received any b/h entitlement except on the rare weeks when the screws cannot move their day off so they are not down to work a bank holiday - then moved back!

will take this further......
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

holiday allowance issues

Post by rogersh »

sardonicus wrote:Hi

NOW WORK 3 day cover 23.5hr, still told not entitled to B/H even though I know I am!

But I got no B/H days off in that year!

That's the whole point!

I was on a 5 day week 20 hr contract - usually worked more like 40hrs - and was told, like all other part timers, that unless you were down to work a B/H, then you couldn't claim them, this went on for years! And many many more .like me in our depot. The Union reps, all 4 of them do nothing.

p/t workers have worked years, 5-8 or more, in my depot, but never had bank holidays unless they were down to work on them, which with a clever bit of manipulation by a screw rarely happend, and were told by management that was how it worked

Its my opinion that by messing with holiday entitlement ie putting on the holiday card 6 x 5 days (30 days) a/l for a 3 day weeker, which should be 6 x 3 days (18 days with PAOL), the management are telling psp that they are allotting b/h in leu when it flags up that b/h entitlement is due, and then putting it into these days of a/l which do not exist! Then telling workers they are not entitled to them!

by being exact and the a/l for a 3 dayer being 6 x 3 days total 18 a/l with PAOL, not only does that mean that the person is only buying what they need, but, there are no places to conceal stolen entitlements.

There are apprx 80 pt workers in my D/O, approx 48 on 3 day covers, all of whom are entitled to B/H, and to a/l cards which are accurate and true, i have spoken to about 20 of them and none of them but one ( has family in the office) who was paid all 3 xmas b/h straight away in first week after xmas, have received any b/h entitlement except on the rare weeks when the screws cannot move their day off so they are not down to work a bank holiday - then moved back!

will take this further......
You are correct re entitlement of 5 bank holidays.

RMG VERSION 20 MARCH 2012
Annual Holiday Policy- Bank and public holidays Guide for employees

Number of days worked per week = 3

Calculation Number of days worked per week divided by five (working days in the week) multiplied by eight (number of bank holidays in a normal year) = 1 divided by 5 multiplied by 8

Number of bank holiday entitlement days due (rounded to nearest half day) = 4.8 (rounding to 5 days)

HR Services
If an employee is due to work on a bank holiday, they will get the day off regardless of their contracted hours. If the employee works full-time hours over a four day week and the bank holiday falls on their day off, they will be credited with a day’s annual holiday. Part-time employees working four days or less a week whose attendance pattern misses a bank holiday will be credited a day’s holiday in lieu. This will be calculated as one fifth of the employee’s contracted hours. Employees can also access the HR Services Bank Holiday Attendance Agreement for further information.

Working on a bank or public holiday
To provide the service that our customers expect there is a requirement for some employees to work on bank and public holidays. Depending on the employee’s contract of employment, they may be entitled to be paid overtime and receive time off in lieu. If within conditioned hours, the employee may receive a premium payment.

Also edited from;
Employment policies at-a-glance TIME OFF: ANNUAL HOLIDAY August 2017

• If you have a part-time contract, your bank holiday allowance will be pro-rated depending on the number of days you work, e.g.:
 5 day contract – full entitlement of 8 bank holidays
 2 day contract – 3 bank holidays

Want to know more? Full details are available in the Annual holiday policy and guide and the Bank and public holiday guide, available on the Policy and information site on PSP.
world class male
Posts: 903
Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
Gender: Male

holiday allowance issues

Post by world class male »

the funny thing with this format is if a duty holder with a 1in6 known day off buys up to say 6 weeks and books all 6 with a projected weds or thurs off they will then owe RM hours :left:
also wonder if reserves will get screwed as usual by giving them 46 tues off but refusing to add the extra pay and then give then a weds off when on leave :arrrghhh
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

holiday allowance issues

Post by 97gaz »

[
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 13:25, edited 1 time in total.