lcook282 wrote:Mentally it can be tough, I've always resisted temptation but after 14 years I'm seriously close to wearing my earphones all day so i can't hear some of my colleagues or DOM
Welcome to the club Cookie!

I do wear mine all day, which for some reason upsets the Gobshites in my DO. Perhaps they're worried that they don't get a reaction to the total drivel they spout nearly all the time?

One of them complained to the DOM, and tried to fly the H&S flag about it. He's not a bad lad and said,
"I know you like to listen to your music, but when you're walking about can you take them off? Some people are worried you might have an accident because you can't hear people shout a warning". I said,
"No Problem ..... As we're tightening up on H&S.... can you ask some people to actually deliver the boxes of mail to our frames..... instead of throwing them along the floor ,like some indoor bowling game.... I'm concerned someone might have an accident"!
I also asked him what his policy was for Colleagues that are Hard of Hearing (I believe that's the corect term) in the event of a Fire/Event? And pointed out that while he'd been talking to me I had been wearing my headphones.... AND managed to hear everything he'd said!

I'm not listeneing to Death Metal at MAX volume! I find the best way to stop some of the Dick Heads you work with from trying to drop you in it, is simpy to save up your ammunition. Make a mental note of things and when you need to.....just drop them in it as well.
