ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Christmas Tips
-
DICKIEG
- Posts: 158
- Joined: 27 Jun 2011, 19:07
- Gender: Male
Christmas Tips
One address I deliver to as s**t loads of parcels everyday and she is never in. I went yesterday and she was in, gave her the parcels. She was really grateful and thanked me for leaving her stuff with her neighbour, she then informed me she was taking a bottle round for them to thank them for having them off me. Nothing for me so let's see if they drop a bottle off at the caller's office next year for me dropping them their instead
-
mickeymacca
- Posts: 503
- Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Christmas Tips
Never sure if items left by the door are for myself or not, but just took stuff today..........
ended up with 42 pints of milk and 3 cartons of orange juice......not a bad haul
Joking aside, I had really poor tips this year, which was my first year on this duty, and is a really affluent village with a number of internationaI athletes residing. Didn't really expect anything tbh but it does grind your gears a little when you hear of the vast riches others recieve on other duties.......
hey ho, merry xmas all
ended up with 42 pints of milk and 3 cartons of orange juice......not a bad haul
Joking aside, I had really poor tips this year, which was my first year on this duty, and is a really affluent village with a number of internationaI athletes residing. Didn't really expect anything tbh but it does grind your gears a little when you hear of the vast riches others recieve on other duties.......
hey ho, merry xmas all
'Libraries gave us power'
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Christmas Tips
I managed to get as much in tips today as I have in all the rest of the Christmas period
Today = 0
Every other day = 0
It's a nice round figure and identical to the amount of favours and f***s given and so it appears the books have been balanced nicely.
Today = 0
Every other day = 0
It's a nice round figure and identical to the amount of favours and f***s given and so it appears the books have been balanced nicely.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Christmas Tips
I got:
2 bottles of whiskey
1 bottle of red wine
1 box of roses
1 box of biscuits
£185
I think I will get more before xmas and new year and I haven’t seen a lot of my usual good tippers yet
2 bottles of whiskey
1 bottle of red wine
1 box of roses
1 box of biscuits
£185
I think I will get more before xmas and new year and I haven’t seen a lot of my usual good tippers yet
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Christmas Tips
Thats a few prezzies sorted thennumber one wrote:I got:
2 bottles of whiskey
1 bottle of red wine
1 box of roses
1 box of biscuits
£185
I think I will get more before xmas and new year and I haven’t seen a lot of my usual good tippers yet
-
ArthurPewty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Christmas Tips
Reserve here. No set pattern, cover about 10 or 12 rounds ad hoc. Picked up a tenner last week and trousered it, that was enough for me. Got another 2 sealed cards that I gave to the respective duty holders, just hope they didn't have twenty's in them 
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Christmas Tips
Hahaha... too right. I don’t drink whiskey or wine.aiden01 wrote:Thats a few prezzies sorted thennumber one wrote:I got:
2 bottles of whiskey
1 bottle of red wine
1 box of roses
1 box of biscuits
£185
I think I will get more before xmas and new year and I haven’t seen a lot of my usual good tippers yet
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Christmas Tips
'Walfare' includes pensions, by a mile the biggest amount spent on welfare. Actual dole money (jsa) accounts for about 2% of the budget, I believe.Celgar wrote:The HMRC occasionally sends letters out to some tax payers giving full breakdowns on where their tax & NIC has been spent. I have received these letters at least twice and they are quite interesting reading.Sir Henry wrote:Welfare got 14% of our tax contributions in 2018. Out of that how much actually goes to 'benefit' scroungers' and not people who have worked and contributed but find themselves now in need?
As near to f**k all as makes no odds in the grand scheme of things.
In the 2016-2017 tax year I paid 5212 pounds in total tax and NIC of which 1267 pounds were spent on 'Welfare'. This was the highest figure on the list and formed 24% of the total amount.
The next highest four you can probably guess but they were:
Health: 1058
State Pensions: 672
Education: 641
National Debt Interest: 287.
Gives you an insight into the composition of the national debt.
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Christmas Tips
Respect.ArthurPewty wrote:Reserve here. No set pattern, cover about 10 or 12 rounds ad hoc. Picked up a tenner last week and trousered it, that was enough for me. Got another 2 sealed cards that I gave to the respective duty holders, just hope they didn't have twenty's in them
When I covered a round in Surrey for a while I gave over all the tips to the regular guy. The holder gave me £50 and dew bottles of wine. He probably got about a grand though lol seriously wealthy area.
This year had far more than expected and cards saying nice things. I rarely bring parcels back and they appreciate that.
-
paulsmd
- Posts: 88
- Joined: 12 Oct 2008, 09:04
- Gender: Male
Christmas Tips
£10 for me tight C**tsFirstPost wrote:How much have you got so far?
-
buntin
- Posts: 100
- Joined: 27 Jul 2011, 13:55
- Gender: Male
Christmas Tips
good year this year luckily , got enough for a really nice holiday in a few weeks time.
-
Wakewaterblue
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 10 Aug 2018, 07:11
- Gender: Female
Christmas Tips
I got £20 in total.... have you lot seriously won the jackpot?! I cannot believe some of the amounts you have mentioned!
I've got the residents begging me to stay on my round but I'm coming off it in the new year as I'm a reserve. I would love to stay on it but it won't happen!
I've got the residents begging me to stay on my round but I'm coming off it in the new year as I'm a reserve. I would love to stay on it but it won't happen!
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Christmas Tips
Had my best year yet. About £90 and some beers and a bottle of wine. Misses took my money off me for the new baby in the new year

-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Christmas Tips
We put all the tips in a pot and share it out,everybody gets the same,a fair system so the reserves and floats get the same,I’m not all together in favour of and I would much rather decide who I give my share of my tips to,but after 36 years what clout have I got?.
-
jd9442
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
Christmas Tips
Don’t need clout
Don’t need to do it
Don’t need to do it