Once I left a parcel with a neighbour after a couple of loud knocks, then a few house along they come out waving the note at me. Demanding I go fetch the parcel because they were playing loud music and didn't hear me, somehow that was my fault!Rapidryan88 wrote:That’s the absolute worst lol no sorry nothingcrimson king wrote:And then, six to eight houses later you hear "hello, excuse me! Postie!" And they're there on their doorstep, waving the 739 in the air with no intention of coming to you and expecting you to trudge back with their parcel.Rapidryan88 wrote:When a house has 2 cars on the drive all the top windows open, a light on but no one answers after 3 loud knocks!!
Which we do, with a big f**k off smile on our faces and sheer hate raging in our hearts
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
-
DrSatan
- Posts: 144
- Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 19:11
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
-
barcajr
- Posts: 168
- Joined: 12 Oct 2009, 01:04
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Just as your posting a letter through the letterbox, the customer opens the door
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Happens regularly, and they're told everytime to get it themselves!DrSatan wrote:Once I left a parcel with a neighbour after a couple of loud knocks, then a few house along they come out waving the note at me. Demanding I go fetch the parcel because they were playing loud music and didn't hear me, somehow that was my fault!Rapidryan88 wrote:That’s the absolute worst lol no sorry nothingcrimson king wrote:And then, six to eight houses later you hear "hello, excuse me! Postie!" And they're there on their doorstep, waving the 739 in the air with no intention of coming to you and expecting you to trudge back with their parcel.Rapidryan88 wrote:When a house has 2 cars on the drive all the top windows open, a light on but no one answers after 3 loud knocks!!
Which we do, with a big f**k off smile on our faces and sheer hate raging in our hearts
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
There is one house on my round who does my head in. One day I knocked and the dog was barking his head off but no answer. So I carded it and went on my way. Back at the van the owner came up to me and said "sorry I didn't hear you knock because the dog was barking"
from now on he gets one knock and then gets a card.
-
SillySinStorm
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 22 Nov 2015, 09:36
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
This drives me bonkers. One or two that prep my round are near perfect. The others i swear stand 4ft back from my frame, close their eyes and just launch the letters and hope for the best. Absolute shitshow.villan wrote:Having Stevie Wonder and David Blunkett doing the sorting in the morning.
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Postboxes that are literally 4 inches wide and 1 inch in height
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Postboxes at the very bottom of front doors that don't open very easily. I think I only have one of those on my walk at the moment and it was only fitted very recently. I did point out it was more decorative than functional but didn't get that much of a response. They gave me an Xmas tip today though so I will have to hold my tongue. Shouldn't really be available to buy now in my opinion.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
DestinyDestiny
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 11 Aug 2018, 08:49
- Gender: Female
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Haha, when you see it, made me giggle :)LaggyBand wrote:That door looks really unhappy
-
Trail
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Plugs. Those f*cking things just won't fit through letterboxes.
-
Trail
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
New builds with no number other than a plot number?
Am I just supposed to guess?
Am I just supposed to guess?
Last edited by Trail on 28 Dec 2018, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.
-
Trail
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Houses with names AND numbers.
Call the f°cking thing one or the other.
Call the f°cking thing one or the other.
-
luddite
- Posts: 451
- Joined: 06 May 2008, 20:24
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Of the two streets and one close I deliver to in town before heading out on my rural delivery not one 'Merry Xmas', a quid for a pint, a cheery wave....nothing!
Miserable f***ers!
Miserable f***ers!
-
FacesOfStone
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 01 Jan 2018, 21:52
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Boxes at the bottom of doors put me in a bad mood full-stop. There’s a development of 80ish houses I sometimes have to deliver to in which every one has a floor box. Might as well just crawl around the place.Celgar wrote:Postboxes at the very bottom of front doors that don't open very easily. I think I only have one of those on my walk at the moment and it was only fitted very recently. I did point out it was more decorative than functional but didn't get that much of a response. They gave me an Xmas tip today though so I will have to hold my tongue. Shouldn't really be available to buy now in my opinion.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72754
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
When there are new build estates at my office we get a list from the builders that shows the plot number and proposed address for all them.Trail wrote:New builds with no number other than a plot number?
Am I just supposed to guess?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
danterossetti
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 19 May 2013, 18:19
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Following the pizza leaflet deliverer who's left every one sticking out of the letterbox.
Trying to post mail through a letterbox where the frame of the inside brush is 1cm higher than the slot.
Getting parcels where the purchaser has filled the online fields in wrong and the address is an email, and the next parcel is the same and the one after and then the one after....
Trying to post mail through a letterbox where the frame of the inside brush is 1cm higher than the slot.
Getting parcels where the purchaser has filled the online fields in wrong and the address is an email, and the next parcel is the same and the one after and then the one after....